Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It won't go ahead. No one is going to run a music festival at any point this summer! 

I don’t think it will either. I’m surprised it’s still scheduled to go ahead. They should’ve cancelled it when the likes of Glastonbury did. Festivals and concerts are surely going to be one of the last things to go ahead when they start lifting restrictions from the lockdown.  

53 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

TRNSMT is still going ahead on Glasgow green and that’s 2 weeks after GNR are scheduled to play there.  I’m surprised it’s still going ahead tbh but I still can’t see GNR playing though. 

TRNSMT is a fkin ned fest, will not happen.

25 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Jarmo said on Nightrain why would GNR cancel gigs they intend to play. In other words they are going to be rescheduled. 

Oh good, if Jarmo on useless Nightrain says so, then we can all be reassured now.:facepalm:

• Like 2

I’m trying to be optimistic, but I really doubt the South American leg takes place. Word is all football games will be held gates closed until next year, with a maximum amount of people per stadium. We’re talking river plate stadium or boca juniors stadium games (+45k people) with only 50/60 people including players, journalists, etc. Lollapalooza usually has +100k people. Massive events will be the last thing that comes back to normal

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

I’m trying to be optimistic, but I really doubt the South American leg takes place. Word is all football games will be held gates closed until next year, with a maximum amount of people per stadium. We’re talking river plate stadium or boca juniors stadium games (+45k people) with only 50/60 people including players, journalists, etc. Lollapalooza usually has +100k people. Massive events will be the last thing that comes back to normal

There's not going to be any major concert occurring until early next year at the very soonest. 

• Sad 1

Fernando, on Reddit:

It’s hard to talk about speculative topics, from an “official capacity.”

Our November dates are likely to be the only dates we play in 2020, I truly don’t know how the US will be by our summer dates, no one does. Questions we are discussing over is do we push everything we had dated for 2020 to 2021 like everything else in the world? From football to futebol. But this can all change.

It sucks!

Earlier in the week, Bon Jovi mentioned that the tour will either be postponed or cancelled. He's leaning on postponement. Considering that Bon Jovi and GNR were supposed to have concerts in NJ that same week in July, I'm going to assume that GNR is doing the same thing on deciding what to do. Either way both concerts will not be happening, especially with Governor Murphy's order regarding social distancing.  

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Fernando, on Reddit:

It’s hard to talk about speculative topics, from an “official capacity.”

Our November dates are likely to be the only dates we play in 2020, I truly don’t know how the US will be by our summer dates, no one does. Questions we are discussing over is do we push everything we had dated for 2020 to 2021 like everything else in the world? From football to futebol. But this can all change.

It sucks!

Well. The sensible thing would be to do just that and use 2020 to get that fucking album done. But since GNR (or Axl) is anything but sensible, I'm preaching to the deaf one.

11 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I wonder what they'll do regarding ticket refunds etc. Doubt we'll get anything. They'll make a tidy bit of interest sitting on millions of pounds of other people's cash for over a year - reminds me of when Michael Jackson did a "ballot" for his early tours where you had to pay upfront and got refunded months later if you weren't lucky enough to get a ticket, with the promoter / MJ's father pocketing millions from the interest on the un-ticketed funds before customers were refunded.

It wasn't "Michael Jackson" who did that. It was the concert promoter/management for/of the Jacksons Victory tour. Michael Jackson was the one who made them change this set up and for people to get tickets the usual way. Also he donated all his proceeds of that tour to charity: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, I don't doubt him there. They are not going to be pissing away the money and cancel. Of course they are going to postpone.

of course they will (try)

my point was, that jarmo/nightrain isn't a reliable source by any means ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

TRNSMT is still going ahead on Glasgow green and that’s 2 weeks after GNR are scheduled to play there.  I’m surprised it’s still going ahead tbh but I still can’t see GNR playing though. 

I’d be majorly surprised if either of them go ahead with the volume of people that is expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, I don't doubt him there. They are not going to be pissing away the money and cancel. Of course they are going to postpone.

I don't think the decision is up to GnR.  It appears they are contractually obligated to play the shows they have scheduled unless the promoter or whoever booked the shows cancels/reschedules (or the govt prohibits the show from occurring at the time it is scheduled).  This is seemingly why they went ahead and played the mexico date.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1