Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

Just now, ToonGuns said:

Hi there,

This tour has been postponed...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that the following dates of this tour have been postponed:

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 29 & 30 May 2020
Glasgow Green - 25 June 2020

The following statement has been issued:

“GNR Fam; Sadly, the upcoming European tour will not be happening. Things are changing daily and we want to keep the health and of our fans, crew members and band safe.

We are working hard with our promoters, venues and cities/countries on next steps and will make further announcements as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience, we will get through this together and look forward to seeing you all very soon…”

They’re working hard to arrange new dates and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for the new dates.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange, you will be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

Please understand that given the circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service

Email I've just received. So officially postponed, dates tbc, no mention of refunds.

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That really does take the biscuit. They're being investigated in the UK by the Competition and Markets Regulator! 

So? 

Sure they will no doubt have deals with TM to raise some prices.

But every time I've used them they've been a delight, easy to use and quick to help.

Of course if you're narrow minded and can only think in absolutes...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

So? 

Sure they will no doubt have deals with TM to raise some prices.

But every time I've used them they've been a delight, easy to use and quick to help.

Of course if you're narrow minded and can only think in absolutes...

This must be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here. Genuinely. 

You're honestly trying to describe a ticket touting company who "no doubt have deals with TM to raise some prices" and are being investigated for their behaviour by Government regulators as a "a delight". 

Don't you ever get tired of your own constant trolling?! Because fucking hell everyone else (bar the two posters that always pop up to agree with you on everything and vice versa, for a reason we could only speculate on) seems to be. 

Good old 'narrow minded' me, calling ticket touting and price fixing a bad thing, hey! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You're honestly trying to describe a ticket touting company who "no doubt have deals with TM to raise some prices" and are being investigated for their behaviour by Government regulators as a "a delight". 

Yes, as already brought up this is not a mutually exclusive thing. I don't care about their industry practices, I'm not a music mogul. But in terms of customer service they are head and shoulders above TicketMaster.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Because fucking hell everyone else (bar the two posters that always pop up to agree with you on everything and vice versa, for a reason we could only speculate on) seems to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Good old 'narrow minded' me, calling ticket touting and price fixing a bad thing, hey! 

This happened before TicketMaster and it will happen after them too. The business is the business.

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes, as already brought up this is not a mutually exclusive thing. I don't care about their industry practices, I'm not a music mogul. But in terms of customer service they are head and shoulders above TicketMaster.

This happened before TicketMaster and it will happen after them too. The business is the business.

I must say your posting style, comments, relentless trolling, 'authoritative' stance and arguing black is white REALLY does remind me of someone else. 

Wish I could recall who........

47 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, I see. So when you said "they hadn't been involved for 7 years" you meant they WERE involved. Got you. 

Good news for you though if you got a refund on all those fees that Ticketmaster have a stated policy of not refunding.  

Perhaps nip along to this forum here (or indeed one of the many other places online)  dedicated to all the people who booked tickets to Hyde Park shows through Ticketmaster and didn't get their fees back and let them know? I'm sure they'd be interested to hear how you got yours sorted. 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233698-ticketmaster-refunds/

They aren't involved in Hyde Park.  It is run by the fiercest rivals after they lost a heated bidding war for the rights for the concerts there. They sell a portion of the tickets.  The same way they do for pretty much every event in the UK.  Are Live Nation involved in Manchester United or does one of their thousands of companies just handle their ticket software?  They don't run Hyde Park and it is a stretch to say they are "involved"

The thread you've dragged up on efestivals is an old one, they did initially say you couldn't have a refund for RESCHEDULED gigs, not cancelled ones but if you pushed you got one.  They relented shortly afterwards and the final post on there indeed says they got their refund off Ticketmaster but not off Eventim.  Did you even read it?  There is not one mention of Hyde Park on that thread so I've really no idea what you're on about.  Hyde Park refunds are full or you can transfer for Pearl Jam and Duran Duran I think it is who have re-scheduled for next year.  Everything else is a full refund and you could request that weeks ago.

Bookings I've received a refund on from Ticketmaster:

MLB London - full refund including every fee

Liam Gallagher Heaton Park.  Less £1 "transaction fee".  My friends lost £8 a ticket on Seetickets though.

Queen - Rescheduled and I requested a full refund and got one.

Parklife - Missus booked for this and got a full refund.  That took a while though.

They are doing full refunds.  You can cry all you want that they're not but show me something conclusive that isn't just made up in your mind based on your anti LN/TM narrative that shows they aren't.  Ticketmaster refunds have been FULL refunds for a long time now, 5 years + but they do keep postage which is called a "transaction fee" but I'm not going to bitch about losing a couple of quid, the ticket price and booking fee comes back.  Prove to me it doesn't.

Also, what is your source for the "£7000,000 "(sic) profit per night off Hyde Park?  You talk about other people not providing sources but you do exactly the same.

Edited by northernsoul
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

They aren't involved in Hyde Park.  It is run by the fiercest rivals after they lost a heated bidding war for the rights for the concerts there. They sell a portion of the tickets.  The same way they do for pretty much every event in the UK.  Are Live Nation involved in Manchester United or does one of their thousands of companies just handle their ticket software?  They don't run Hyde Park and it is a stretch to say they are "involved"

The thread you've dragged up on efestivals is an old one, they did initially say you couldn't have a refund for RESCHEDULED gigs, not cancelled ones but if you pushed you got one.  They relented shortly afterwards and the final post on there indeed says they got their refund off Ticketmaster but not off Eventim.  Did you even read it?  There is not one mention of Hyde Park on that thread so I've really no idea what you're on about.  Hyde Park refunds are full or you can transfer for Pearl Jam and Duran Duran I think it is who have re-scheduled for next year.  Everything else is a full refund and you could request that weeks ago.

Bookings I've received a refund on from Ticketmaster:

MLB London - full refund including every fee

Liam Gallagher Heaton Park.  Less £1 "transaction fee".  My friends lost £8 a ticket on Seetickets though.

Queen - Rescheduled and I requested a full refund and got one.

Parklife - Missus booked for this and got a full refund.  That took a while though.

They are doing full refunds.  You can cry all you want that they're not but show me something conclusive that isn't just made up in your mind based on your anti LN/TM narrative that shows they aren't.  Ticketmaster refunds have been FULL refunds for a long time now, 5 years + but they do keep postage which is called a "transaction fee" but I'm not going to bitch about losing a couple of quid, the ticket price and booking fee comes back.  Prove to me it doesn't.

Also, what is your source for the "£7000,000 "(sic) profit per night off Hyde Park?  You talk about other people not providing sources but you do exactly the same.

Good to know people are such fanboys for Ticketmaster and Live Nation. 

There was I thinking most people thought they were money grabbing cunts. 

52 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Stubhub are a "pretty cool company"?! Hahahahahahaha! 

That really does take the biscuit. They're being investigated in the UK by the Competition and Markets Regulator! 

Can't we give knock the praise for the monopoly-creating, price fixing, fan exploiting, ticket-conglomerates on the head?! 

Geez. We know you're a bit slow and like to twist and turn things, but if you quote, quote the whole thing. He said that they are "a pretty cool company to interact with", most likely meaning that they actually respond and try to help when you have a problem. That they are ticket scalpers and profit off people buying tickets to sell them, is a different story.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. We know you're a bit slow and like to twist and turn things, but if you quote, quote the whole thing. He said that they are "a pretty cool company to interact with", most likely meaning that the actually respond and try to help when you have a problem. That they are ticket scalpers and profit off people buying tickets to sell them, is a different story.

Thanks for the insult. Enjoy Stubhub! 

20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I must say your posting style, comments, relentless trolling, 'authoritative' stance and arguing black is white REALLY does remind me of someone else. 

Wish I could recall who........

Again I'll just direct you to:

If you're going to make thinly veiled allusions to something just come out and say it.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Good to know people are such fanboys for Ticketmaster and Live Nation. 

There was I thinking most people thought they were money grabbing cunts. 

They can be “money grabbing cunts” and also understand the sheer loss of revenue that will affect them. Lots of employees, vendors, union work in an industry that won’t see concerts for the next 6, 12 or possibly 18+ months.

This thread is about GNRs cancelation/postponement though. I hope everyone gets some clarity with how to move forward with these dates 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

So I requested a refund from TM and this is their response...

D52-FA2-F4-CC48-4-A20-BDF7-41-A2-C874326

so no refund until a new date is announced. Could be months before we know. Pretty pissed off tbh

But why? You're not going to the rescheduled show? The money would be gone either way. Now you just have to wait a bit to see when you will get it back. Not a problem really, but a problem for (some of) these companies if they have to refund everyone at the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

But why? You're not going to the rescheduled show? The money would be gone either way. Now you just have to wait a bit to see when you will get it back. Not a problem really, but a problem for (some of) these companies if they have to refund everyone at the same time.

Finding open dates that work for the band and their routing plus every other artist imaginable rescheduling theirs at the same time must be an absolute clusterfuck.

For whatever strategic reasons they are rolling out refunds in this manner, I hope for everyone that needs their $ it doesn’t take months to figure this out.  

28 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

So I requested a refund from TM and this is their response...

D52-FA2-F4-CC48-4-A20-BDF7-41-A2-C874326

so no refund until a new date is announced. Could be months before we know. Pretty pissed off tbh

Thanks for sharing. I submitted for a refund as well and told them that no new date would work, and that I’m from US. 

Notice they say “asked”. I think we can press hard on this.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Tempting.....but there's not really any need. 

I imagine most regular forum users will come to their own conclusions. 

I'm honestly screaming at the though of you in some beautiful mind type room deluding yourself into thinking everyone in your life is some kind of spy.

13 hours ago, northernsoul said:

There was certainly a lot of pent up demand in China for entertainment as Disney sold out for its reopening.

That said, the tickets are expensive enough and the economy will take a serious hit. There will also be a lot of competition, you've got all the re-scheduled tours then there will be plenty who were planning to tour 2021 anyway.  I read the other day that LN and AEG are actually pushing hard to reduce the fees and splits already agreed for all these shows being re-scheduled for next year, which might suggest they expect less demand and a tougher climate, not a better one.

Yep. This is what I meant by the virus situation. We have that to be concerned with along with the economy for 2020 and 2021. 

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I really would like to know 

1. Who you think I am

2. Why you think this

Because I have no idea.

Very little point in that is there? The response will be: 

I don't know who that is, I'm not, I don't have to prove who I am to anyone anyway. 

So it's best left. 

19 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'm honestly screaming at the though of you in some beautiful mind type room deluding yourself into thinking everyone in your life is some kind of spy.

The reason why some users are making assumptions is because there are a lot of similarities between your posts and people we've had trouble with in the past. 

You regularly state your opinions as fact along with continually attempting to insult this forum and it's users. To add to that, you manage to use a lot of the same phrases and terminology that those users did. All the while, giving the impression that you somehow have a general knowledge of this history of this forum while still being a "new user" 

Our policy has always been that we do not allow alt / secondary / new names for old users who have been previously banned when we can prove that it's a returning user. However, there are many tools available to circumvent our ability to check. So much of the time, we have to take a "it is what it is" stance until we can 1) prove something regarding the suspicion or more likely 2) the "new user" continually ramps up their insults of the forum and its users, then they get themselves banned again and we restart the cycle when they open another new account. 

Our view on these accounts is generally to let it go if the user has learned to not insult the forum and it's users. That strategy usually ends up working in our favor as most alt accounts can't help themselves from doing so. 

• Like 3