Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

I just want a refund now. I have practically zero buzz for a GNR gig with everything that's going on in the world.

I also can't see stadium gigs happening next year so I'd rather they just cancel the tour altogether and issue refunds.

The best thing they can do is cancel the tour and confirm new music is coming out.

Just email Ticketmaster and say you can’t go to any new dates for personal reasons. Had my refund ages ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

BBC news was reporting on shows etc then some Arenas are closed until late 2021 now they are all sounding like they cant see any shows any time soon

Arena's though, outdoor gigs surely are more safe but cant see 70k in face masks, or worse having to keep 1/2 mts apart. Outdoor is more safe but unless it's 100% safe, im not interested in going 

4 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

BBC news was reporting on shows etc then some Arenas are closed until late 2021 now they are all sounding like they cant see any shows any time soon

This is just Sheffield arena I think, which hardly has any shows booked since they opened one down the road in Leeds and has long been mooted for closure as it's a waste of taxpayers money (owned by the council)

They have been putting shows on sale for spring next year still in the UK so there must be some hope...

5 hours ago, northernsoul said:

This is just Sheffield arena I think, which hardly has any shows booked since they opened one down the road in Leeds and has long been mooted for closure as it's a waste of taxpayers money (owned by the council)

They have been putting shows on sale for spring next year still in the UK so there must be some hope...

Hydro Arena in Glasgow has said it may be shut until end 2021

Also Cardiff 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, northernsoul said:

The council don't and haven't owned it, ita owned by a charity 

Sheffield Arena are nearly going bust, my Mrs worked there for a decade or so.. They've been struggling since they had a refurb they couldn't afford. Only the Hockey keeps that place going 

Edited by dando

11 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

I'm sure sure there will not be any shows until late 2021 that if all goes well then these 2nd spikes  which are happening 

Yeah. That may be better. Either way be wary of any tickets you buy between now and then, considering how these european countries shit on consumer rights and cut their rights after the fact. Only buy, if it doesn't bother you that the money's gone for good/held up for the next couple of years either way:

https://www.evz.de/en/shopping-internet/coronavirus-cancelled-events.html

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. That may be better. Either way be wary of any tickets you buy between now and then, considering how these european countries shit on consumer rights and cut their rights after the fact. Only buy, if it doesn't bother you that the money's gone for good/held up for the next couple of years either way:

https://www.evz.de/en/shopping-internet/coronavirus-cancelled-events.html

Such a grand thank you for all the people who have been buying really expensive tickets for the last 15yrs... this is incredible, you have to wonder what the European consumer centre was doing when this was snuck through! It's a complete crock of shit. I bought a ticket for May 2020, I accept that circumstances change but they can't guarantee rescheduled dates because of the virus so my money should be returned. I don't want a ticket or voucher for an event that I might not be able to go to. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Such a grand thank you for all the people who have been buying really expensive tickets for the last 15yrs... this is incredible, you have to wonder what the European consumer centre was doing when this was snuck through! It's a complete crock of shit. I bought a ticket for May 2020, I accept that circumstances change but they can't guarantee rescheduled dates because of the virus so my money should be returned. I don't want a ticket or voucher for an event that I might not be able to go to. 

Yes. It's borderline criminal. And just imagine you have bought a ticket in a different country, for a concert you can no longer attend. Then you get a voucher (if you're lucky) for concerts of a promoter you don't have any other business with and have to wait for years, until you can claim your money back. And you can also forget about selling the ticket privately (if the concert is merely postponed), because who in their right mind will privately buy a ticket from a stranger at this point when there is no guarantee the concert will acutally happen. And after holding your money hostage for About 2 years, some countries give you a generous window of 14 days to claim your money back. FUCK THEM ALL.

27 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

WOW I feel blessed too have had my money back from TM UK

The Irish gigs that were cancelled I got my money within a few weeks, GNR hasn't cancelled and has left their fans in a tangle.... I mean, the right thing to do is to cancel the whole thing citing the corona virus! how they haven't arrived at that conclusion is beyond me! but Slash was basically saying they have no idea if they'll even be on tour next year... so what is actually a concrete plan? other than promoters and officials not wanting to return consumers money. The new dates are just as likely not to go ahead at this point. I would much prefer to have my money in my account AND when new dates are announced i'd buy a ticket... when I feel it's safe! I don't trust promoters to make the decision of the health of attendees or financial gain... we all know what comes first!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The Irish gigs that were cancelled I got my money within a few weeks, GNR hasn't cancelled and has left their fans in a tangle.... I mean, the right thing to do is to cancel the whole thing citing the corona virus! how they haven't arrived at that conclusion is beyond me! but Slash was basically saying they have no idea if they'll even be on tour next year... so what is actually a concrete plan? other than promoters and officials not wanting to return consumers money. The new dates are just as likely not to go ahead at this point. I would much prefer to have my money in my account AND when new dates are announced i'd buy a ticket... when I feel it's safe! I don't trust promoters to make the decision of the health of attendees or financial gain... we all know what comes first!

Yeah. I also got money back for my 2 irish Diana Ross shows. I don't really think they should cancel right away. They need to plan ahead for when concerts can happen again, they don't organize concerts within 2 weeks and obviously it is a tough time for concert promoters, but they should leave the option for people to ask for and get a refund without hassle. That's the least they could do to treat their customers with respect. I trust that most people will hang on to their tickets anyway.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

This is bullshit I agree. 

It's remarkable when you think about in comparisons. Imagine you paid someone to say, decorate your house, and they took the money then couldn't do it. Then they said you can't have your money back because at some point they might do it. But they don't know for sure, or give you a date as to when it might happen. 

What's the plan if these dates can't happen next year? Another year of fans money sat waiting for a show? 

• Like 1

While they hang on to your money they control it and can potentially make money off the collective cash they have stored up. I’d be doing everything possible to get a refund. It is criminal, I’m hoping the whole system of concert ticketing comes crashing down and more decent companies come along one day that makes it a fairer transaction for the fans. I hope companies like viagogo and stubhub burn big time, I’m very reluctant to even go to gigs in the future due to the way fans are ripped off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

While they hang on to your money they control it and can potentially make money off the collective cash they have stored up. I’d be doing everything possible to get a refund. It is criminal, I’m hoping the whole system of concert ticketing comes crashing down and more decent companies come along one day that makes it a fairer transaction for the fans. I hope companies like viagogo and stubhub burn big time, I’m very reluctant to even go to gigs in the future due to the way fans are ripped off. 

Out of likes, but exactly.

2 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Sadly I think the dial will swing the other way - the Live Nation/Ticketmaster are already increasing their stranglehold on the industry, insisting bands get paid less for their rescheduled shows, that if the band cancel they are forced to pay Live Nation etc. etc. The fans will get equally screwed. 

Sadly though, with the monopoly, it comes to a point of "go to concerts and get ripped off, or don't go at all". I try to buy my tickets from ANY place possible that isn't ticketmaster/live nation, as a very small protest, but really it makes little difference as many venues are entirely controlled by them anyway. 

Like you though, I do hope the whole concert ticketing system comes crashing down and is replaced with something better and more fair. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

This is bullshit I agree. 

It's remarkable when you think about in comparisons. Imagine you paid someone to say, decorate your house, and they took the money then couldn't do it. Then they said you can't have your money back because at some point they might do it. But they don't know for sure, or give you a date as to when it might happen. 

What's the plan if these dates can't happen next year? Another year of fans money sat waiting for a show? 

It definitely is criminal. You would go to jail if you would do something like that as a private person. But politicans say that is okay and back that shit up. Mind boggling. To use citizens as banks.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sadly I think the dial will swing the other way - the Live Nation/Ticketmaster are already increasing their stranglehold on the industry, insisting bands get paid less for their rescheduled shows, that if the band cancel they are forced to pay Live Nation etc. etc. The fans will get equally screwed. 

Sadly though, with the monopoly, it comes to a point of "go to concerts and get ripped off, or don't go at all". I try to buy my tickets from ANY place possible that isn't ticketmaster/live nation, as a very small protest, but really it makes little difference as many venues are entirely controlled by them anyway. 

Like you though, I do hope the whole concert ticketing system comes crashing down and is replaced with something better and more fair. 

Yeah. If you protest you only lose out yourself and change nothing in the big scheme. That's the sad thing about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

It definitely is criminal. You would go to jail if you would do something like that as a private person. But politicans say that is okay and back that shit up. Mind boggling. To use citizens as banks.

Absolutely. Think of the way all that money is currently invested, the interest it is earning etc. 'Using citizens as private banks' sums it up perfectly. 

By these standards you could actually get rich booking in a tour that never happens, or has any intention of happening. Take the ticket money, invest it in something high interest, postpone the tour a couple of times while that money is earning, then pay back the initial ticket money sum when you finally 'cancel' the tour and keep the profit!  

22 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I also got money back for my 2 irish Diana Ross shows. I don't really think they should cancel right away. They need to plan ahead for when concerts can happen again, they don't organize concerts within 2 weeks and obviously it is a tough time for concert promoters, but they should leave the option for people to ask for and get a refund without hassle. That's the least they could do to treat their customers with respect. I trust that most people will hang on to their tickets anyway.

Oh of course, I know it can take a couple of months in some cases to organise a tour... but what i'm saying is, there's definitive clear path to performing in the foreseeable future, certainly not at the scale GNR were planning, so cancelling is the most sensible option for PR, from a financial perspective of course it's a hit! and legally if the promoter is holding tight the band is in a precarious position... but for GNR and other artists in a position like this! you have to take care of your fans. The hassle we have to go through to get a refund is not fan friendly.

I don't feel one bit of pity for livenation or promoters who have been hiking up the prices for years.... they haven't squirrelled away some emergency money? we're talking about millions and billions in some cases! I find it incredible that these huge wildly profitable businesses are now trying to pretend they are on the breadline. 

Small independent promoters are a whole other story! 

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah mate, you’re exactly right. And yes it is really frustrating and sad that it is either you go to a concert and get ripped off, or don’t go at all. I mean, I’m fine with paying a decent amount for attending a show that probably cost a lot to put on, and I’m even okay with the bands and artists I love making a lot of money, but the ticketing companies just use a lot of smokescreens and deception when selling tickets to really gouge their customers, us... 

• Like 1