Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'd suggest you contact music venues with all your advice for the industry. I'm sure they'd appreciate your thoughts on how they can run their business. Make sure to tell them they need to be more optimistic and creative. They'll love that. 

People always love those that have no concept of how their industry works telling them what they should or shouldn't be doing. Always a winner. 

People are already being creative and optimistic, see below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53428071

There's some quite cool mockups of how they'll enable outdoor gigs to operate (2500 capcity and lots of bookings).

There's also 'creativity' as they talk about a full test plan to allow Reading and Leeds to go ahead (most likely won't go through but the concept is sound).

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Given all that nonsense we all had to read, I'm annoyed at myself, yet again, for engaging in debate with someone who simply enjoys arguing black is white for the sake of it. 

If you can't talk with people who disagree with you then ok. 

I consider the thought of a "social distance" gig preposterous. I mean, one of the great things about a rock concert is the closeness with the other people and the energy stemming therefrom. Jumping, singing... I couldn't do that on my own. Standing within a 2-meter radius of empty space? No thanks, I wouldn't attend such a show even if they played in our capital. That's not a real rock concert. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I was just going by what Ticketmaster communicated to me. They are not to be trusted...

But the blame doesn't lie with Ticketmaster, but with whoever is organizing these shows. For the Ireland for example, all of the shows of their concert promoter MCD are rescheduled (over 200), except GNR. So as usual, it's GNR dragging their feet.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I consider the thought of a "social distance" gig preposterous. I mean, one of the great things about a rock concert is the closeness with the other people and the energy stemming therefrom. Jumping, singing... I couldn't do that on my own. Standing within a 2-meter radius of empty space? No thanks, I wouldn't attend such a show even if they played in our capital. That's not a real rock concert. 

LOL tell that to american rock fans, who look down at general admission shows and want seated shows, so no one gets too close to them. <_<

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

But the blame doesn't lie with Ticketmaster, but with whoever is organizing these shows. For the Ireland for example, all of the shows of their concert promoter MCD are rescheduled (over 200), except GNR. So as usual, it's GNR dragging their feet.

as I said before, the same is happening in italy.. <_<

17 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'd suggest you contact music venues with all your advice for the industry. I'm sure they'd appreciate your thoughts on how they can run their business. Make sure to tell them they need to be more optimistic and creative. They'll love that. 

People always love those that have no concept of how their industry works telling them what they should or shouldn't be doing. Always a winner. 

EDIT: It's just dawned on me that you're the same user who argued with anyone and everyone that suggested Covid 19 was a problem, and the tour wouldn't happen. "The world can't just stop while we wait for this to die down" was one of your classics, as you told anyone and everyone they were "scaremongering" and that Coronavirus was "mostly just alarmist pap" as countries went into lockdown. Given all that nonsense we all had to read, I'm annoyed at myself, yet again, for engaging in debate with someone who simply enjoys arguing black is white for the sake of it. 

Goodbye! 

The future of concerts? Kulturwasen in Stuttgart, Germany.

107821525_161220782262478_86860959703890

107824873_161216778929545_68797104575163

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Must be a laugh sat in one of those cars at the back! 

Wonder at what point some bright spark decides to blast his horn for the first time?!  

Yeah. That's why I wouldn't do it, but those deck chairs in the front look appealing.
Well, they say to honk is not allowed. You get head phones for the music or have to use your car stereo. And there is an app with applause sounds that lets you applaud. :facepalm::lol: Strange times.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. That's why I wouldn't do it, but those deck chairs in the front look appealing.
Well, they say to honk is not allowed. You get head phones for the music or have to use your car stereo. And there is an app with applause sounds that lets you applaud. :facepalm::lol: Strange times.

You're joking?! haha! So, I'm guessing the music from the stage isn't amplified to any proper level if it's being transmitted through car stereos! Good on them for having a go, but I can't say it all sounds much fun to me! 

You could have some fun with the honking I suppose - stewards trying to find out who is doing it, doing it again when their back is turned, blaming others, etc etc! 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You're joking?! haha! So, I'm guessing the music from the stage isn't amplified to any proper level if it's being transmitted through car stereos! Good on them for having a go, but I can't say it all sounds much fun to me! 

You could have some fun with the honking I suppose - stewards trying to find out who is doing it, doing it again when their back is turned, blaming others, etc etc! 

LOL yeah. You could chase them around if you alternate the honking with a car on the other side of the field. :lol:
I don't know, in a way I'd be tempted, if I could get a deck chair, just for the novelty of it. To say I did it and saw a concert during this time. Doro Pesch is playing there on friday. But then again, the hassle to drive out there for that. I'm not sure. And I would have to buy 2 deck chairs for 78 € total. That's a bit much. If you can find someone to go with you, it's kinda reasonable.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

LOL yeah. You could chase them around if you alternate the honking with a car on the other side of the field. :lol:
I don't know, in a way I'd be tempted, if I could get a deck chair, just for the novelty of it. To say I did it and saw a concert during this time. Doro Pesch is playing there on friday. But then again, the hassle to drive out there for that. I'm not sure. And I would have to buy 2 deck chairs for 78 € total. That's a bit much. If you can find someone to go with you, it's kinda reasonable.

Yeah, I suppose if it was a band I liked, and was happening locally to me, the curiosity might get the better of me. Having said that, because I live in a country going through a particular stage of idiocy and ignorance in it's history, I'm not currently going anywhere or doing anything around people, let alone concerts! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I suppose if it was a band I liked, and was happening locally to me, the curiosity might get the better of me. Having said that, because I live in a country going through a particular stage of idiocy and ignorance in it's history, I'm not currently going anywhere or doing anything around people, let alone concerts! 

Yeah. It would be a 2 hour drive. And they say the deck chairs are sold out, even though I could put a pair in the shopping cart and it still looks like I could buy. But the day doesn't quite work for me. So, I guess I won't let it get the better of me. <_< But still, I'm partly tempted and partly to lazy to get through the hassle.

3 minutes ago, EricA said:

not much fun? more like a nightmare vision of horror, i don't want that :nervous:

It depends. In the front row it could be cool. But it's much easier running to the front row than to navigate your car there. Could become costly. :lol:

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It depends. In the front row it could be cool. But it's much easier running to the front row than to navigate your car there. Could become costly. :lol:

I guess the front row places are exactly numbered and sold like that, otherwise it would be one hugh car crash, at least if i where in one of the cars fighting for a frontrow spot:lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EricA said:

I guess the front row places are exactly numbered and sold like that, otherwise it would be one hugh car crash, at least if i where in one of the cars fighting for a frontrow spot:lol:

You and me both. :lol::facepalm:

Apparently it's first come and first serve. I'm not sure though how that works with queuing cars and from which point on you are allowed to queue and where.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

No. Nono. This cannot be the new normal. 

Just have pay per view. Watch at home with friends. Record. Add to dvd collection.
This could not be either.

Lest just say tennpeople at a house = ten tickets not actually bought for  for each 10 arena/ stadium seats

Just announced that Pearl Jam will be the headliner for Pinkpop Sunday 2021, so that means no GNR. Had also tickets for three PJ shows this summer, so can not complain. I am sure once GNR rescheduled the Netherlands will be part of the tour (probably their home ground in Nijmegen?)...

1 hour ago, JY2016 said:

Just announced that Pearl Jam will be the headliner for Pinkpop Sunday 2021, so that means no GNR. Had also tickets for three PJ shows this summer, so can not complain. I am sure once GNR rescheduled the Netherlands will be part of the tour (probably their home ground in Nijmegen?)...

If there's no vaccine before June, I really can't see Pinkpop 2021 happening either, or any huge festival like that.