Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Most of them certainly are cancelled as local Governments have banned concerts (see the first post in this thread). 

They're cancelled in terms of the event won't go ahead but they are not yet legally cancelled.

Most likely rescheduled for next next year will be the goal.

29 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

The longer this goes on its getting postponed if they was going too cancell it they would just do so its going too be a 2021 now.

Yeah seems that way especially after they rescheduled the South America dates.

I assume they would have to give back whatever their fee was (or at least a chunk of it) if the event is officially cancelled.

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

They're cancelled in terms of the event won't go ahead but they are not yet legally cancelled.

Most likely rescheduled for next next year will be the goal.

Yeah seems that way especially after they rescheduled the South America dates.

I assume they would have to give back whatever their fee was (or at least a chunk of it) if the event is officially cancelled.

But the events would be illegal to be held...so surely that counts as legally cancelled? 

Any way you look at it, it's really fucking bonkers that tickets are still being sold, and no mention has been made anywhere about shows not happening, when we know 100 per cent they won't be. 

They've got a whole 29 days left until it starts......I'm almost tempted to hold a betting book as to how close they'll get to the first date before making any official announcement! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

But the events would be illegal to be held...so surely that counts as legally cancelled? 

Technically not as lock downs 'could' in theory be lifted (even though they won't be).

It is crazy shows are still on sale but I'm guessing that is part of the ULA between artists and Ticketmaster.

Assuming there's some kind of fee to put shows on TM and that they cannot pull shows without giving refunds?? (but this is pure speculation as I've never put on a show through ticketmaster ).

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Technically not as lock downs 'could' in theory be lifted (even though they won't be).

It is crazy shows are still on sale but I'm guessing that is part of the ULA between artists and Ticketmaster.

Assuming there's some kind of fee to put shows on TM and that they cannot pull shows without giving refunds?? (but this is pure speculation as I've never put on a show through ticketmaster ).

There's no 'technically' about it. Governments have announced bans. They're not happening. 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's no 'technically' about it. Governments have announced bans. They're not happening. 

Well no there is a technically to be added to the consideration (But that's not why there hasn't been an announcement yet).

They'll be working hard to see if they can reschedule the shows for next summer and set up routes and such for a potential tour.

Many other artists are also in the same boat and have not announced what is happening with shows yet.

We'll know soon enough, it seems more likely they're looking for new dates as it's been taking a while.

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Well no there is a technically to be added to the consideration (But that's not why there hasn't been an announcement yet).

They'll be working hard to see if they can reschedule the shows for next summer and set up routes and such for a potential tour.

Many other artists are also in the same boat and have not announced what is happening with shows yet.

We'll know soon enough, it seems more likely they're looking for new dates as it's been taking a while.

As I said above, they've got 29 days to tell people these shows are absolutely not happening on their scheduled dates, because they absolutely aren't. There's really nothing further to say. 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As I said above, they've got 29 days to tell people these shows are absolutely not happening on their scheduled dates, because they absolutely aren't. There's really nothing further to say. 

I think you are having a separate conversation here.

4 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Was just going to post the very same thing. I assume those of us who have tickets for this gig will be informed about what will happen next ? 

Unlikely at present. No one else has, and some of the concerts were banned weeks ago.....despite being still on sale. 

They still have a good 10 days too 2wks too say anything The Who did the same for there UK Arena tour pulled it under 4wks too go keep tixs for the coming March.

Either way its a refund or money back no 1 will lose out as such its getting postponed & they working on dates for 2021 if it was being cancelled just they say that they need not wait for anything its as simple as that.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Live Nation UK replied to someone who commented on GnR's tweet with the LN announcement about refunds for the NA shows.

Apparently it's on Live Nation. The band can't update on refunds if LN has't done anything.

Guns n roses isnt even on that list. Im beginning to get a tiny bit of optimism that against all odds the most unpredictable band in the world will play

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Guns n roses isnt even on that list. Im beginning to get a tiny bit of optimism that against all odds the most unpredictable band in the world will play

The reason GnR isn't on the list is most likely because the shows haven't been rescheduled yet.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Grateful Dead and Bad Company cancelled they tours.

The Dead is streaming a bunch of stuff on facebook live.  They are taking charitable donations for musician funds.  Each show is bringing in around $10,000 for the charities.  Thousands of people watching and helping out.

14 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Was just going to post the very same thing. I assume those of us who have tickets for this gig will be informed about what will happen next ? 

Hopefully so.  I think the band is still trying to figure out what to do.

They might just push all 2020 plans to 2021.  

Also May 11th in UK is nx re view & they are not just going too allow concerts then some small shops will open for sure

It would have too be Sep / Oct in EU cant see them allowing concert then after that we dont have the weather for it