Duff sighting --AEW

DPR714

As a huge wrestling fan, this is pretty rad hahah. Chris Jericho and Duff are pals, so CJ probably hit him up to take part in this. 

I can guarantee the conversation went like this: 

CJ: “Hey Duff! I’ve got this really dumb idea for some video content for the wrestling company I work for that’ll make us both look like an idiot, you want in?” 

Duff: “Hell yeah brother! Count me in!”  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

As a huge wrestling fan, this is pretty rad hahah. Chris Jericho and Duff are pals, so CJ probably hit him up to take part in this. 

I can guarantee the conversation went like this: 

CJ: “Hey Duff! I’ve got this really dumb idea for some video content for the wrestling company I work for that’ll make us both look like an idiot, you want in?” 

Duff: “Hell yeah brother! Count me in!”  

As a wrestling fan myself, it saddens me to see nonsense like this going on. Without going too deep into wrestling, stuff like this is the reason wrestling's heyday is long behind it, sadly. 

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I watched it and neither know what it was about, nor who anyone is in it except Jay and Silent Bob. 

Oh, and the chap who plays The Hulk. 

I think that's to your credit to be honest. 

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As a wrestling fan myself, it saddens me to see nonsense like this going on. Without going too deep into wrestling, stuff like this is the reason wrestling's heyday is long behind it, sadly. 

I think that's to your credit to be honest. 

Never been the same really since Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior and Jake the Snake hung up their codpieces, has it? Used to have the action figures. Legion of Doom also. Used to love Legion of Doom.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Never been the same really since Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior and Jake the Snake hung up their codpieces, has it? Used to have the action figures. Legion of Doom also. Used to love Legion of Doom.

Oh same here! The big difference is that there were characters back then - people who would scare the shit out of you, people you'd actively hate (not hate because you're supposed to), people you'd root for. You probably wouldn't have dared approach the Legion Of Doom in person if you saw them for a very real fear they'd rip your head off. 

Nowadays you have silly videos with people pretending to punch each other through webcams, wrestlers who look like boys playing pantomime acts to guffawing cult-like obsessives. And a general bemusement within the industry as to where their audience has vanished too. 

Edited by allwaystired

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Duff tells jokes at the start of Jericho's podcasts every week. Good of him to get involved in this!

The Legion of Doom were a poor mans Demolition. 

The Road Warriors (Legion of Doom) were in the wrestling game long before Demolition.   Demolition was made to mimic the Road Warriors.

Del was a fan of the segment. He is a big wrestling fan:

This segment on #AEWDynamite was the best wrestling segment since the #COVID19 #QuarantineLife began! Major props to
@IAmJericho and  @DuffMcKagan for always being entertaining!!

2 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

The Road Warriors (Legion of Doom) were in the wrestling game long before Demolition.   Demolition was made to mimic the Road Warriors.

Del was a fan of the segment. He is a big wrestling fan:

This segment on #AEWDynamite was the best wrestling segment since the #COVID19 #QuarantineLife began! Major props to
@IAmJericho and  @DuffMcKagan for always being entertaining!!

Del James thinks the best wrestling segment is one that.....features zero wrestling. 

I think that says it all really. 

I feel he may be aiming for a commendation from the Order Of The Brown Nose here rather than being genuine. 

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, DPR714 said:

When Demolition walked out to that anthem sung by Rick Derringer, they instantly achieved more than Hawk and Animal ever did. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dean said:

When Demolition walked out to that anthem sung by Rick Derringer, they instantly achieved more than Hawk and Animal ever did. 

The Rock N' Wrestling era is the greatest era of wrestling in my opinion. It maintained some semblance of territorial wrestling while stepping foot into the maelstrom of mainstream culture through PPV/Television.

Demolition in particular may have been a "knock off" in the beginning, but Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow were great workers (even better than Hawk and Animal) - and their feuds with Strike Force, Powers of Pain, Colossal Connection and the Hart Foundation set them apart as just being poor clones.

Their theme song is rock n' roll gold!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ObsessionofVanity said:

Duff might not have even known this was for TV. I asked Kevin Smith about this last night and he was surprised to hear it aired on TNT, he thought it was just some silly thing he was doing for a friend. 

....and that's 'wrestling' in 2020 summed up! 

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, Dean said:

Duff tells jokes at the start of Jericho's podcasts every week. Good of him to get involved in this!

The Legion of Doom were a poor mans Demolition. 

Claiming that the Road Warriors are a poor man's Demolition is like saying Led Zeppelin is a poor man's Wolfmother. There literally would not have been a Demolition tag team had it not been for the huge success of the Road Warriors. Wrestlers today still use the phrase "Road Warriors pop" to describe a massive crowd reaction to an entrance. Not trying to be a dick, just providing a bit of background. A lot of wrestling fans who saw Demolition first assume that the LOD were the ripoffs because they arrived in WWE/F after Demolition was created. It really speaks to the massive popularity of the WWF back in those days. 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 5:35 PM, allwaystired said:

I wouldn't mind a sighting of Duff in the vicinity of a recording studio. 

:lol: absolutely!

I know nothing about wrestling but enjoying the thread, wrestling was really popular in the UK many years ago, how popular has it become in the US?

Edited by DurhamGirl

6 hours ago, Locke said:

Claiming that the Road Warriors are a poor man's Demolition is like saying Led Zeppelin is a poor man's Wolfmother. There literally would not have been a Demolition tag team had it not been for the huge success of the Road Warriors. Wrestlers today still use the phrase "Road Warriors pop" to describe a massive crowd reaction to an entrance. Not trying to be a dick, just providing a bit of background. A lot of wrestling fans who saw Demolition first assume that the LOD were the ripoffs because they arrived in WWE/F after Demolition was created. It really speaks to the massive popularity of the WWF back in those days. 

Zeppelin are a poor mans Greta Van Fleet

• Haha 1