Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

It just sounds like this guy doesn't have the faith that GNR in it's current form would make a better album than AFD/UYI.... and if thats the case, who's the true fans here? 

It's like being mad at your son because hes playing video games and jerking off while he should be out and about creating his masterpiece and learning about the world.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The most recent pro-shot that GNR have actually released is from 2012, and it's widely considered a bad show.

No it's considered a 'bad' show on here by the negative brigade. 

The reviews tend positive (7.8 on IMDB etc).

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

sooooo whats the alternative?

By 2021, GNR will basically have toured their WHOLE catalogue of music in a 20 year period (2001-2021).

what do you suggest is next? 

Nothing? Just rinse, repeat? 

Thats like reading a book, saying "yeah, the first couple of chapters are good, but put it down after page 50" and theres still 100+ pages left. 

Yeah, why not?

I'd like to see GNR on tour again. They will put out an album at somepoint in the future

4 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Your last point isn't true, lots of comments on most posts from the band on Facebook; people want new music. The NITL was the nostalgia for Slash and Duff people have been wanting for 20 years. Now that that is over, people want new music. No one is saying that GN'R shouldn't be successful, everyone here wants the band do to great things; but often times, which I think is the point of this discussion, they fall short compared to not just Metallica; A LOT of bands have made simple, fast, low effort, high reward moves over the last decade, which GN'R hasn't. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol: changing my post to your opinion doesn't make it fact. As I said before, if you have a look around at GN'Rs online presence outside of this forum, you'll see that in fact the greater majority of fans are disappointed with nearly everything to do with the fans. 

I'll wrap up both your points with one comment.

GNR has 29 million fans on Facebook, so you're telling me there are millions of comments being negative and/or asking for new music.

Just had a look at their most recent posts and the top comments, literally not a single comment in the top 10 of any of the posts I looked at. Now there will be comments asking for new music but to try and paint it as anything approaching a majority of fans is just insanity. 

I do agree they fall short of the fan interaction of the likes of Metallica but hopefully the videos they upload will be the first step of rectifying that.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It just sounds like this guy doesn't have the faith that GNR in it's current form would make a better album than AFD/UYI.... and if thats the case, who's the true fans here? 

I mean... they won't.

I love CD, it's one of my most played albums, but it doesn't touch the 80's/90's material because it wasn't made by the young hungry band that made those records. This would be true for any new music.

I'll no doubt love any new album they release. But I know they won't be chucking jungle out of the setlist for Hardskool.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

sooooo whats the alternative?

By 2021, GNR will basically have toured their WHOLE catalogue of music in a 20 year period (2001-2021).

what do you suggest is next? 

Nothing? Just rinse, repeat? 

Thats like reading a book, saying "yeah, the first couple of chapters are good, but put it down after page 50" and theres still 100+ pages left. 

They’ll pull out the Up Close and Personal tours and ride it to state fairs if they keep nonstop touring 

We’ll see if it’s at all a creative force that moves forward regardless of the venues they play or if this was simply just the last go around for $. 

8 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'll wrap up both your points with one comment.

GNR has 29 million fans on Facebook, so you're telling me there are millions of comments being negative and/or asking for new music. 

Not even remotely what I was saying, but you know that. You're just continuing to troll the thread. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

well obviously this dude isn't married. Because he wouldn't get past the honeymoon phase, would probably complain that everything new "isn't how it used to be", and just live every day thinking "maybe something will change"

I mean... "it won't." 

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not even remotely what I was saying, but you know that. You're just continuing to troll the thread. 

Y'know this is going nowhere fast.

I wasn't looking for an argument so sorry if it came across as that.

I just wanted to say that there have been times for positivity along the years for GNR (I should know they got me into the band).

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Y'know this is going nowhere fast.

I wasn't looking for an argument so sorry if it came across as that.

I just wanted to say that there have been times for positivity along the years for GNR (I should know they got me into the band).

Many of us agree and we've posted about them tons of times when they've happened. That doesn't change the fact that those positive things have been few and far between. It also doesn't change the fact that many other bands are far more respectful of their bands and it certainly doesn't change the fact that the relationship between TB and the fans is their own doong, not the fault of the fans who've done nothing but try to support them. 

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Here's the thing, we aren't saying it has all been doom and gloom either. I personally spent a couple of years dedicating many hours to finding out all sorts of news about this band. This band has given me more smiles per miles than anything else in the world, and for that im eternally grateful. 

But, 

there comes a time (much like our current U.S. political climate) where you look around and go "what is really going on here?" 

And what I see really going on here isn't much worth it to me anymore. My value as a fan can be better used somewhere else until GNR as an entity (and hopefully our government) gets their shit together.  

• Like 4