Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How am I insulting?

Metallica did it.

Zepplin did it

Queen did it

Ringo and Paul did it.

Again you said GNR treats their fans like shit and have provided no evidence other than "muh" new music.

I am not trolling I am just saying. Every time GNR does something that it's not new music you guys go on about"THEY TREAT US LIKE SHIT!!!!!""

@allwaystired just insulted me claiming i was mojo because I didn't express the same view he did 

So posting things like "WAHHHHHH" and calling the users "butt hurt" aren't attention seeking attempts at insulting the users? 

Again, since you seem to not want to read the actually thread: those other artists have released children's books in addition to releasing music for their fans to enjoy. 

GNR has been trying to milk their fans by cashing in on their legacy for decades. This is just another way of doing that. If you can't see that for exactly what it is, then I can't help you. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So posting things like "WAHHHHHH" and calling the users "butt hurt" aren't attention seeking attempts at insulting the users? 

Again, since you seem to not want to read the actually thread: those other artists have released children's books in addition to releasing music for their fans to enjoy. 

GNR has been trying to milk their fans by cashing in on their legacy for decades. This is just another way of doing that. If you can't see that for exactly what it is, then I can't help you. 

I thought everyone hated St. Anger? 

again other then providing zero evidence other than "muh music" you have not convinced   me that GNR treats their fans like crap

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wow, that's interesting......I never said anything of the sort.

Now why would you think I might think you were him? Very odd. 

16 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You said I had alt accounts. Quit your bullshit

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting that you should immediately assume that. 

11 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

you did. mods just deleted your posts

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, that's an outright lie, on both levels. 

6 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

no it's not

Yes. You are absolutely lying here, which will not be tolerated. 

You're already borderline trolling the thread with your continued attempts to insult users as it is. Then on top of that, you're going to make up things other users said and accuse the mods of hiding it?

Here's a fact: allwaystired never once call you mojo. You made that up. Then you argued about it and when you couldn't prove it, you posted a lie by saying the mods removed it, which we absolutely did not. 

As I said before, we will not tolerate lies being posted about us, so you might want to tread lightly going forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I thought everyone hated St. Anger? 

again other then providing zero evidence other than "muh music" you have not convinced   me that GNR treats their fans like crap

What the hell does St Anger have to do with this? Outside of the fact that it's one in a line of albums Metallica has released for their fans... 

Also, it's not for me to convince you that GNR treats their fans like shit. If you can't see that or don't want to, I can't help you. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yes. You are absolutely lying here, which will not be tolerated. 

You're already borderline trolling the thread with your continued attempts to insult users as it is. Then on top of that, you're going to make up things other users said and accuse the mods of hiding it?

Here's a fact: allwaystired never once call you mojo. You made that up. Then you argued about it and when you couldn't prove it, you posted a lie by saying the mods removed it, which we absolutely did not. 

As I said before, we will not tolerate lies being posted about us, so you might want to tread lightly going forward. 

So him saying 

"Don't post in this thread."

"Keep trolling your alt accounts will fall soon it's sad that you spend your life this way "

Is making it up? Got it

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So him saying 

"Don't post in this thread."

"Keep trolling your alt accounts will fall soon it's sad that you spend your life this way "

Is making it up? Got it

Gibsonfender2323 is gonna have a seat in the corner for a week. To be quite honest, I don't have the time or energy to waste going in circles with someone obviously trolling the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Gibsonfender2323 is gonna have a seat in the corner for a week. To be quite honest, I don't have the time or energy to waste going in circles with someone obviously trolling the thread. 

Gonna be a great week!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

About time. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What the hell does St Anger have to do with this? Outside of the fact that it's one in a line of albums Metallica has released for their fans...

It's such a random album to mention, too.

Since St. Anger came out, they've released 2 full albums, a collaborative album with Lou Reed, an EP, a concert film (plus a soundtrack), several box sets, and tons of live material.

But yea, remember that album they released 17 years ago? That one sucked. Fuck Metallica!!!!11!!1!! :lol:

• GNFNR 1

I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say this but:

I truly wish these threads weren't doom & gloom but it's GN'Rs fault that they are, NOT the users & fan base. 

If GN'R released ANYTHING other that crappy merch in attempt to milk their fans of money, we would all not only be shocked, but fully support it. 

However, they just will not do that. Furthermore, they've made this bed with the die hard fans and now they have to lie it in. I'm sure the long term plan is to convert the majority of their fanbase to casuals anyway, so they can continue to sell these goods to people who don't know any better. They're well on their way to that, so I guess they're being successful at their apparent plan. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I truly wish these threads weren't doom & gloom but it's GN'Rs fault that they are, NOT the users & fan base. 

If GN'R released ANYTHING other that crappy merch in attempt to milk their fans of money, we would all not only be shocked, but fully support it. 

However, they just will not do that. Furthermore, they've made this bed with the die hard fans and now they have to lie it in. I'm sure the long term plan is to convert the majority of their fanbase to casuals anyway, so they can continue to sell these goods to people who don't know any better. They're well on their way to that, so I guess they're being successful at their apparent plan. 

It's really not a good play with GNR to burn their bridges with the hardcore fanbase like this.  Our sentiments tend to echo out into the greater/lukewarm public.  It's not supernatural that back when coronavirus was just whispered about ticket sales for the upcoming tour were piss poor.  I'm sure in some perverse way they're relieved that they get a "re do" in 2021.  People are burned out, and they never ever learn.

• GNFNR 1

It's not even the fact that they don't release music that pisses me off the most, it's that we get zero updates on what is happening with it for no reason. If it can't be discussed at all just say no comment. Instead we get nonstop vague comments about recording and the album being "close", or even time frames that don't pan out, but no one can say if they are still writing, still recording, mixing, or if it's done and they are just waiting for another time to release it. Apparently it's not just Axl/TB, Duff seems to be in on this as well since he told Susan she couldn't give any details.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It's really not a good play with GNR to burn their bridges with the hardcore fanbase like this.  Our sentiments tend to echo out into the greater/lukewarm public.  It's not supernatural that back when coronavirus was just whispered about ticket sales for the upcoming tour were piss poor.  I'm sure in some perverse way they're relieved that they get a "re do" in 2021.  People are burned out, and they never ever learn.

I hear what you're saying, but my point is this: I've said this before, but Axl & TB have mistaken the GN'R fanbase for the fanbase of The Eagles and/or the Rolling Stones. 

I think the idea is to appeal to causal fans with tons of money. That's why we get insanely over priced leather jackets, "private collection" lines of clothes, a wildly over priced boxed set and now the crown jewel: a children's book to appeal to soccer moms. 

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

When I logged in I saw in this section "Guns N' Roses to release C..."

Ohhhh cool new album? GNR branded covid-19 cure?

"Children's book" wow fuck this band is so shit lol.

I did the same thing and I saw others mention that too. 

No disrespect to the OP at all, but I just edited the title a bit to hopefully save others from the misconception going forward. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I hear what you're saying, but my point is this: I've said this before, but Axl & TB have mistaken the GN'R fanbase for the fanbase of The Eagles and/or the Rolling Stones. 

I think the idea is to appeal to causal fans with tons of money. That's why we get insanely over priced leather jackets, "private collection" lines of clothes, a wildly over priced boxed set and now the crown jewel: a children's book to appeal to soccer moms. 

Yeah, it's pretty "off brand" for GNR to do a children's book, except for ironically, which this most certainly is not.  They just don't strike me as the most self-aware bunch, and whatever mania us going on there seems to keep getting worse. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm speechless with this "news"  I find it disrespectfull not just to me but to all members of this forum. And other fans from elsewhere. GN'R is a rock band, what is this crap of children pictures book? Is there anyway you or other mods can talk to Slash and Duff. I don't expect much from Axl. But I don't understand why Slash and Duff would support this idea of children pictures book.