Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

Just now, Padme said:

I'm speechless with this "news"  I find it disrespectfull not just to me but to all members of this forum. And other fans from elsewhere. GN'R is a rock band, what is this crap of children pictures book? Is there anyway you or other mods can talk to Slash and Duff. I don't expect much from Axl. But I don't understand why Slash and Duff would support this idea of children pictures book.

I honestly don't think there's a way to contact any of them for us, and even if we did, I think they're such a part of the machine that is GN'R now that it wouldn't matter at all. That's solely my opinion though. 

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The OP is a fine poster just bad wording yeah.

Yeah, I have no problem at all with the OP. I think she just used the headline from the story as the thread title. It's certainly accurate, but with the way the forum formats on mobile, I can see a lot of people getting their hopes up and having them dashed.

Duffs just got to go to Rolling Stone and claim that they’ve always been a kid friendly band. And that back in the day if anyone around them did something that wouldn’t belong in a kids book, the band would’ve called them out on it. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly don't think there's a way to contact any of them for us, and even if we did, I think they're such a part of the machine that is GN'R now that it wouldn't matter at all. That's solely my opinion though. 

Not even social media? They don't have to answer or explain anything if they don't want to. But at least they know what fans think about this kind of crap

I wonder what Axl's true feelings are about all of Fernando's hip new ideas for the "GN'R fam". I mean, I'm sure he's checked out enough at this point to not really care, but there has to be some part of him that's going "Jesus Christ, where does he come up with this shit?"

Maybe he just signs off on this shit to get Fernando to leave him alone so he can go back to rewatching Dexter... "Yeah, yeah, that's great buddy, go play with your toy trucks."

It's not like this type of crap was getting released while Axl seemingly was still more hands-on with the management side of things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's the saddest aspect of the "reunion" to me. Slash and Duff literally sold their integrity. You know what? At this point I wish GnR would have ended in 1993.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Not even social media? They don't have to answer or explain anything if they don't want to. But at least they know what fans think about this kind of crap

I think @gunsguyhas the keys to the mygnr socials, so it would be up to him if he wants to try that. 

3 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Titled "Sweet Child O' Mine" and to be released this September. 

No, this is not a joke. 

Quotes from James Patterson (the author) and Fernando himself both in the link below. 

https://people.com/parents/guns-n-roses-childrens-book-sweet-child-o-mine-exclusive/

Updated with the tweet from the official account promoting the book: 

I rarely post here. But. Fuck this band. Jesus.

In a time where Pearl Jam and so many other stalwarts from that era can release music and live concerts happily, this is what’s coming?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That's the saddest aspect of the "reunion" to me. Slash and Duff literally sold their integrity. You know what? At this point I wish GnR would have ended in 1993.

I think Slash and Duff would've sold their integrity long before 2016. It was Axl that was too stubborn to give up on Chinese.

Weiland was very convinced the 2006 reunion almost happened, and I think it easily could've happened at any point between then and the demise of VR if Axl called them then.

I don't know what Slash and Duff think about Fernando doing this, but I don't think they would have problem with a concept like this per se. They'd probably be into it. Slash has appeared on TV shows for kids and he even launched a "Slash burger". Duff and Susan participated in a reality show, Duff has used the "family man" profile a lot, and so on.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Slash and Duff are simply well-paid members of NuGNR now.  Didn't want to believe that in 2016, but I sure as shit do now. That they are well paid makes them only MORE likely to play ball with the dildos that make up Team Brazil.

Yeah, they’re paid staff who play along. The perfectionist ensured purity of the brand by burning bridges and buying everyone out, only to then instruct Team Brazil to destroy all credibility with their highly coveted releases. 

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

No one commented on this?

... in regards to the yet to be released book, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash commented, “it’s great to finally get this out. With the nature of the industry, we weren’t really sure how to release this story.

Slash continued: “Its just like, how do we want to do this? A lot of people are like, do an interactive movie, or live stream Fernando’s family 24/7 like the Truman Show, or unveil the book at drag queen story hour. It’s really confusing man. But I’m glad we’re getting this out there. A children’s book, is like, pretty rad.”

:lol::lol::lol:

Guns N' Rosee literally has not put out any material since said children have been born, hell only one original album since I was born :lol:

Has there been any other band so keen on releasing everything anyone can think of.... besides actual music?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I know people hate the word, but this is an example of an instance where you need to question if this is something that falls in line with your “brand”. Call it a brand, mission statement, the heart, or whatever. It has to stand for something. The best ones bring their fans along with them in that journey 

Just because you CAN do something, it doesn’t mean that you SHOULD. Especially with merch. Seems like they are more worried about their bottom line than asking these types of questions. 

You could say this if there was new music or not. 

You're right. The last couple of years proved that nobody in the "band" cares anymore. Including Axl. They just don't and we really shouldn't anymore as well.