Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

21 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I know people hate the word, but this is an example of an instance where you need to question if this is something that falls in line with your “brand”. Call it a brand, mission statement, the heart, or whatever. It has to stand for something. The best ones bring their fans along with them in that journey 

Just because you CAN do something, it doesn’t mean that you SHOULD. Especially with merch. Seems like they are more worried about their bottom line than asking these types of questions. 

You could say this if there was new music or not. 

I think when it comes to the representation of the band through the type of merch they are selling now - Axl doesn't care anymore. The 3 of them don't care. It's just a way to make more money. But if this is true it doesn't mean Axl doesn't care about how Gn'R is reflected through the music (which he doesn't release)

doesn't bother me anymore. The way I see it, we've got a clown who sales us Gn'R onesies, laundry bags, 100$ christmas trinkets and that Gn'R santa represents exactly how ridiculous it became. It's way over salvaging at this point in time. That part of Gn'R is just like Kiss now minus the huge success of the product.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Anyone remember the series Friends? Season 1, last Episode, where Chandler reveals the secret about Ross being in love with Rachel. Where Chandler was speechless... well, almost speechless...

Crystal Duck (starting at the 1:41 mark).

It's just that moment...

Edit: That's good, just keep rubbing you head, that'll turn back time...

Edited by thelostrose
  • Haha 1

Just now, Creed said:

Just checked the official GnR merch store. There is a lot toddler stuff...whats going on? What if Axl isnt fat...maybe he's pregnant!?

Baby clothes isn’t anything new. I don’t blame them for going down different verticals selling merch. If people want to buy trucks and such that’s on them and it’s the band’s job to to look into that stream

The issue is what does this band stand for? How do fans perceive what they stand for? What’s this band’s purpose? Does any of this stuff their selling fall in line with those answers? I sure can’t find the answer with a children’s book. You have to at least make the attempt to connect the item to the experience  

I’m also picturing in my head Kurt Cobain in the 90’s hearing that GNR released a children’s book in 2020 and what his reaction would be 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think when it comes to the representation of the band through the type of merch they are selling now - Axl doesn't care anymore. The 3 of them don't care. It's just a way to make more money. But if this is true it doesn't mean Axl doesn't care about how Gn'R is reflected through the music (which he doesn't release)

doesn't bother me anymore. The way I see it, we've got a clown who sales us Gn'R onesies, laundry bags, 100$ christmas trinkets and that Gn'R santa represents exactly how ridiculous it became. It's way over salvaging at this point in time. That part of Gn'R is just like Kiss now minus the huge success of the product.

I seriously doubt that aside from touring merch that any of the stuff of the website generates noticeable income. And, while most people here speak poorly of the trucks etc, I’m certain people do enjoy those collectibles. 

This thread has been very entertaining, but I really don't get the logic behind this... customized children's books are a thing, like if he wanted to make a book for his daughter and niece then go right ahead. My aunt got me a customized book when I was a little kid and it was a sweet gift. But why the fuck is this a GNR release?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This thread has been very entertaining, but I really don't get the logic behind this... customized children's books are a thing, like if he wanted to make a book for his daughter and niece then go right ahead. My aunt got me a customized book when I was a little kid and it was a sweet gift. But why the fuck is this a GNR release?

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't get it at all.

At least make it a book that can be customized to our own kids then :lol: Who cares about the Lebeis kids besides the Lebeis?

• Like 3

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158465181938069&id=10901008068&fs=1&focus_composer=0

Wow that comment section😅 it's usually so full of brown nosers, but GNR have pissed off all their fans now nothing but people asking for concert updates. 

Genius management! I'm sure he'll put a detailed message on his personal reddit.

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158465181938069&id=10901008068&fs=1&focus_composer=0

Wow that comment section😅 it's usually so full of brown nosers, but GNR have pissed off all their fans now nothing but people asking for concert updates. 

Genius management! I'm sure he'll put a detailed message on his personal reddit.

Wow.....for something (hopefully) aimed at casuals, they seem to have missed even that low bar. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Also, who is actually buying this trash?