Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

Wow. This is a new low.

When I first heard about this I honestly thought it was some dumb joke article ffs.

The fans have been waiting for new music for over a decade now, and when they finally do release something, it's a fucking children's book.

I can't wait to read the story where Mr. Brownstone sells Michelle all the heroin.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

:facepalm:

Quint's voice ".......You know...a Lebeis...has black eyes....like a dolls eyes. Oh, then then they roll over white.  Anyway.....we got the album...November the 23rd....2008....."

• Haha 2

This is something, like, a grandmother with a spider-web tattoo on her neck would buy for a newborn.  Think state fair folk. Is that their target with this shit?

Edited by sofine11

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is the type of thing someone here would invent as a joke, ''Fernando will release a kids' book next haha'', except it is actually true. 

Next Year: “Beta’ Cooking!”

50 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

All those Axl groupies who wait outside the hotel and call their children Axl, and the Axl lunatic fans who dedicate a whole Instagram account to upload pictures of Axl and write things like ‘he’s my baby but he doesn’t know it’ believe me I’ve seen lots of em

Lol. Those IG accounts are kinda amusing. 

Just going back to the People article for a sec. It says it's been (co)written with James Patterson - is this the famous James Patterson who wrote all the explicitly gruesome murder books? Or is there another James Patterson?

I get that he's apparently a big fan but wouldn't an author known for children's fiction be more appropriate?

Everything this band does is weird.

I wonder if anyone in the actual band has even read this book? Or held a GNR truck in their hands ever?

More importantly, I wonder how much of these items they are actually selling?  When you factor the amount of GNR fans who would be hardcore enough of a fan to buy it to read their kids, and factor the amount of GNR fans who would AND be willing to spend 20 bucks plus shipping for it, I just can't image this would pull in tons of money

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Just going back to the People article for a sec. It says it's been (co)written with James Patterson - is this the famous James Patterson who wrote all the explicitly gruesome murder books? Or is there another James Patterson?

I get that he's apparently a big fan but wouldn't an author known for children's fiction be more appropriate?

the same J.Patterson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

He's done kid's books before but for the teenage market. He's a great writer but this is very different to his usual stuff. Fernie probably googled the biggest selling author and saw dollar signs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

He is notorious for using co-authors and ghost writers, sometimes offering no more than a plot outline or treatment but still taking the main credit for a given novel.

The ambiguity somehow seems mighty appropriate for this band. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1