Axl Rose vs. US. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin

Say what you want about it, but the nonstop touring has floated/created a ton of jobs. Not just within the GNR camp. From beer vendors to local union work and all the way to jobs at Live Nation. Not that it was at all altruistic, but it’s contributed more to this country than what Treasury Secretary thinks 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Say what you want about it, but the nonstop touring has floated/created a ton of jobs. Not just within the GNR camp. From beer vendors to local union work and all the way to jobs at Live Nation. Not that it was at all altruistic, but it’s contributed more to this country than what Treasury Secretary thinks 

The hospitality/enterntainment industry overall keeps a hell of a lot of people in work. To have it decimated is pretty devastating.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

The hospitality/enterntainment industry overall keeps a hell of a lot of people in work. To have it decimated is pretty devastating.

Yep. Tons of friends who are out of work right now and for the foreseeable future. They’ll have to find something to float until shows can return. That’s if some of those venues are still open for business. It sucks

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

The Dixie Chicks had a massive comeback with the very next record (Taking The Long Road). Then they all had varying degrees of success with solo projects. Then they toured successfully for years and just had a brand new album released last week. Not sure how that's a good example here lol. 

in 2004 the dixie chicks trash talk president bush the dixie chicks career was over there music was banned from playing on the radio then in 2017 or 2018 the dixie chicks was ready for a comeback and once again they trash talk trump who is president and they ruin there career again and i'm just saying if axl does that his career will be over

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thomase said:

in 2004 the dixie chicks trash talk president bush the dixie chicks career was over there music was banned from playing on the radio then in 2017 or 2018 the dixie chicks was ready for a comeback and once again they trash talk trump who is president and they ruin there career again and i'm just saying if axl does that his career will be over

GNR is a global act who’s reach is more diverse than the demo of country pop radio. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thomase said:

The badass Dixie Chicks are doing just fine. Stop drinking the koolaid

• Like 2

Axl is 100% right. It doesn't matter what he did or if he's hypocrite. The other guy works in a public service and the pandemic is much worse now. 

12 minutes ago, baje said:

The badass Dixie Chicks are doing just fine. Stop drinking the koolaid

This.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thomase said:

The Dixie Chicks are more relevant than GN'R in 2020. I'm not remotely a country fan, and I've heard a bunch of times about their new album.

I rarely hear a general peep about GN'R since the end of the NA tour in 2016.

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I know a Brazilian family who would probably live in the slums of Rio if it wasn't for axl

I don´t think so, Beta was living in LA before meeting Axl, she was the babysitter of Steph Seymour childrens

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Why so verbally abusive?  Wow no wonder he keeps away from social media...

Bit rich when Axl's opening gambit was to call someone an asshole...or that time he came here to call Madison a cunt.

Edited by invisible_rose

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Wow you got me there ... Nice rebuttal! 

I just find it funny that some people who criticize other people’s intelligence show no signs of having any of their own. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, invisible_rose said:

Bit rich when Axl's opening gambit was to call someone an asshole...or that time he came here to call Madison a cunt.

Are we sure Axl doesn’t consider himself an asshole at times?  He use to sing about it before November Rain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Or you can say it takes one to know one. Don’t think he’s calling himself innocent here. 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Are we sure Axl doesn’t consider himself an asshole at times?  He use to sing about it before November Rain. 

Just now, guitarpatch said:

Or you can say it takes one to know one. Don’t think he’s calling himself innocent here. 

Sorry guys, I think you misunderstood my response. In this instance it wasn't directed at Axl, but at the person who suggested I was out of order for taking a shot at Axl by being 'verbally abusive' about his decision to take to social media to call someone else an 'asshole'.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I mean, he did call himself King Dick. I'm fairly certain he's always been honest about being an asshole. I mean, really, it's fucking Axl - he's been calling people assholes, cunts, dicks, and various other references to genitals and orifices for the entirety of his career. If you don't know what you're getting with him by now...

Any political lyrics on a hypothetical new album will be my jumping off point more than this children’s book has been.

Axl has gone way too leftist for me at this point. Not my political cup of tea, and I say this as someone that generally leans right wing but is pretty liberal in regards to social issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Sorry guys, I think you misunderstood my response. In this instance it wasn't directed at Axl, but at the person who suggested I was out of order for taking a shot at Axl by being 'verbally abusive' about his decision to take to social media to call someone else an 'asshole'.

I agree that it probably wasn’t the best choice or words.

Personally, I would have gone with the word “idiot” or “moron“ to describe any cabinet official who would promote the idea that Americans should travel around the country in the midst of a pandemic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

Any political lyrics on a hypothetical new album will be my jumping off point more than this children’s book has been.

GNR have always included elements of political commentary in their music. This would be nothing new. They did release an album “Chinese Democracy” after all...

Just now, downzy said:

GNR have always included elements of political commentary in their music. This would be nothing new. They did release an album “Chinese Democracy” after all...

It’s always been in general terms, for the most part. There’s no way I’m sitting through an album that’s nothing but bashing the Trump administration for 75 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1