NITL live videos on youtube

The fact the them working on (heavily doctored) footage for you some Youtube video shows is big news how pathetic this band has become.. Well I guess they have been pathetic for the most part of 25 years but sad that Slash is now associated with it. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeancarlo said:

Sometimes i feel like i'm beatin' a dead horse...

Edit: I guess some things never change.

Reading that just reminded me how great this band used to be, back when it seemed like putting out music truly was their main focus (even though Axl wanted to hold onto UYI for a little bit longer, despite the fact that it had already been over 4 years since AFD, by that point).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The fact the them working on (heavily doctored) footage for you some Youtube video shows how pathetic this band has become.. Well I guess they have been pathetic for the most part of 25 years but sad that Slash is now associated with it. 

I mean that's just a baseless accusation.

AfD went out with (as far as I can tell) no tweaking.

No reason why GNR would require much in the way (especially if they're using shows where the band is 'on').

Bon Jovi just put out a live acoustic video on youtube with 'minimal' tinkering. And his voice is shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I'm not expecting it to happen, but honestly I feel that way about all my interviews :)

But if it did happen it would be epic! in the meantime! see if Frank and Brain are up for something. Those two together should be epic!!!

• GNFNR 2

2 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

His opinion of the band being ‘on’ is going to be different than mine, I can guarantee that. Anything NOT the Houston 2016 concert is a hard pass for me practically. 

Ok, you're wrong, but ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

His opinion of the band being ‘on’ is going to be different than mine, I can guarantee that. Anything NOT the Houston 2016 concert is a hard pass for me practically. 

I mean i’ve heard a lot of bootlegs and I think there’s more concerts to upload from 2016 specially. Actually that’s what makes this whole thing suck, there’s actually some great material to use, even if they START with the WTTJ from Coachella I wouldn’t mind, ONLY if they keep uploading things in the next days.

You guys don’t have to be fans of NIN, to appreciate what Trent has recently done on social media.

He gives a lengthy update about all things NIN including the cancelled NIN tour. Then says that the merch that would’ve been on sale during the tour will be up for sale on their website, with proceeds going to local charities. 

Then says he’s gonna work on new NIN, among other things, and promises that for 2021, along with more shows, and then shares a link of fan made video of a live show from the past.

It’s like he read everything that GN’R should do, but don’t, and decided to do it himself. 

Meanwhile, from GN’R we get children’s books, shitty artwork tshirts attacking Trump, as well as one about the 1985 tour that has little to do with the current band... :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The fact the them working on (heavily doctored) footage for you some Youtube video shows how pathetic this band has become.. Well I guess they have been pathetic for the most part of 25 years but sad that Slash is now associated with it. 

How do you work the 'heavily doctored' bit out? are we still talking about the overdubs on live era? 1. that was a long time ago, 2. Overdubbing live albums is so common, just about every great live album has some overdubs, and in some cases it's so overdubbed it's basically a studio record with crowd noises.

Last time GNR released a live album it was warts and all, Appetite for democracy has flubs on guitar, Axl didn't sound fantastic on all the songs... they didn't fix it. 

This is a crazy idea, but maybe wait until you hear what they release and then make your opinion on it. There really is no reason to be negative about the proposed live video idea, besides that it should have happened weeks / months / years ago!

• Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, KeyserSoze said:

Fernando on where the material is: 

“we have 3 hampers of all these different formats and we need our video production company to set me up with some hardware that allows me to literally be able to play what we have. We should have every show we ever played with the exception of the Apollo.”

Hampers? You mean they're carrying this stuff around in laundry baskets (or should I say bags)? :lol:

On 5/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, Ifdworld said:

Fernando should just do an episode with Brando Appetite for distortion.  Brando knows not to push sensitive buttons and allows the guests to be comfortable but produces great content and could create a bridge with Gnr Fans. This QA was cool for fernando to do bc it's speaking directly to the fan base, but at the end of the day this doesn't produce anything interesting to listen to IMHO.  And that's probably why he asked not to record it. Kinda stupid someone didn't follow that rule, bc now we could have no more open conversations.

That would be awesome. Maybe we could get some real answers then.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, janrichmond said:

One single track a week is all they're planning to do. What a waste.

I agree, this could be so much more.

10 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I'm not expecting it to happen, but honestly I feel that way about all my interviews :)

in all honesty, I think TB could use the AFD forum for some PR rehab.  everyone makes them out to be these scumbags (and maybe they are, I wouldn't know one way or the other), but I have a feeling they arent as bad as they are made out to be.  I would love if they could talk about some of the challenges with GNR releasing new music, or the shitty communication with fans (let's be honest, both challenges have been around MUCH longer than TB has)

not trying to stick up for TB here, but I would be interested in hearing their side of the story, and the AFD forum would be a perfect place for that. 

Brando, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.  I think their email is info@teambrazil.com  so I'm definitely willing to send then a few emails recommending they talk to you.  maybe some others would do the same?

1 hour ago, Marcelo Garay said:

Your nickname is Alan Garcia haha are you peruvian?

Actually that’s my name! I’m from Argentina. Having the same name as the Peruvian ex president was a pain in the ass on twitter, I Used to receive  hundreds of dms of angry people haha

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

13 minutes ago, Creed said:

Sorry, but Brando's GnR interviews are useless. From all interviews he did, the only bit we got was from Susan McKagan. I don't even blame him. Just listen 2 minutes of Fernandon't's discord chat. He has as much to say as every other member, who is involved -> zero.

If you think Brando's podcasts are useless, then you clearly don't understand his intentions or target audience...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

I mean that's just a baseless accusation.

AfD went out with (as far as I can tell) no tweaking.

No reason why GNR would require much in the way (especially if they're using shows where the band is 'on').

Bon Jovi just put out a live acoustic video on youtube with 'minimal' tinkering. And his voice is shot.

Live Era sure had minimal tinkering...

5 hours ago, Creed said:

Sorry, but Brando's GnR interviews are useless. From all interviews he did, the only bit we got was from Susan McKagan. I don't even blame him. Just listen 2 minutes of Fernandon't's discord chat. He has as much to say as every other member, who is involved -> zero.

I mean it’s pretty obvious by now that this is and has been Axl’s direction since the split in the mid 90’s. That’s how the band operates. It doesn’t matter if it’s Fernando or Merck or Doug Goldstein running things on his behalf.

Axl seems like the artist that says something is ready next month, and just needs a few things to tweak. Then next month comes and its something else. On and on it goes. No manager or member can give an answer other than soon, because that’s always the truth 

Until the label has the album and it’s been turned in, there’s no upcoming release 

Edited by guitarpatch