NITL live videos on youtube

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Appetite For Democracy is one of those live releases that should have been tinkered with. :lol:

They would have if they had the budget to go and re-record that stuff. Live albums just don’t sell enough anymore to take on that cost 

I tried to find a quote from someone that back in UYI tour Axl had this idea of releasing the footage and audio of every show immediately after the concerts. Quite visionary to do it in the early 90’s IMO. 
Don’t know if this was actually true, but if it was, what has changed so much in this guy to be in such an antagonist to his fans?

7 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I tried to find a quote from someone that back in UYI tour Axl had this idea of releasing the footage and audio of every show immediately after the concerts. Quite visionary to do it in the early 90’s IMO. 
Don’t know if this was actually true, but if it was, what has changed so much in this guy to be in such an antagonist to his fans?

Now that I would call "ultimate irony". 

11 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

in all honesty, I think TB could use the AFD forum for some PR rehab.  everyone makes them out to be these scumbags (and maybe they are, I wouldn't know one way or the other), but I have a feeling they arent as bad as they are made out to be.  I would love if they could talk about some of the challenges with GNR releasing new music, or the shitty communication with fans (let's be honest, both challenges have been around MUCH longer than TB has)

not trying to stick up for TB here, but I would be interested in hearing their side of the story, and the AFD forum would be a perfect place for that. 

Brando, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.  I think their email is info@teambrazil.com  so I'm definitely willing to send then a few emails recommending they talk to you.  maybe some others would do the same?

I appreciate the support. I wouldn’t want people to email/spam them with requests, but Twitter mentions should be kosher.

But I suppose if a well thought out email or 2, wouldn’t hurt either. 😎

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

and?

Imo the hate towards that release is way overblown (as with most things on here).

Sounds totally fine, had a nice setlist and was a nice way to top off the CD era of the band.

So because my opinion on it is different than yours, the hate is overblown? I don't think it's Axl's worst from that period, but I doubt I'd be willing to show most if it to casual fans as an example of what he's capable of. Sweet Child is laughable. That man does not sound like Axl Rose. Bumblefoot is the saving grace for me. 

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

So because my opinion on it is different than yours, the hate is overblown? I don't think it's Axl's worst from that period, but I doubt I'd be willing to show most if it to casual fans as an example of what he's capable of. Sweet Child is laughable. That man does not sound like Axl Rose. Bumblefoot is the saving grace for me. 

Even Axl at his best, in NuGNR, I think can be an acquired taste. It's just a different sound from UYI and Appetite, could be quite jarring to a lot of casual fans

26 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I don't mind this show and enjoy getting the DVD out now and then......but I've got it out when others have been around who don't like GNR at the best of times and seen their reaction! 

Absolutely brutal. 

20 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

I mean that's just a baseless accusation.

AfD went out with (as far as I can tell) no tweaking.

No reason why GNR would require much in the way (especially if they're using shows where the band is 'on').

Bon Jovi just put out a live acoustic video on youtube with 'minimal' tinkering. And his voice is shot.

Well you can be damn well sure they are spending a lot of time editing out angles that expose Axl's belly and triple chin

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Well you can be damn well sure they are spending a lot of time editing out angles that expose Axl's belly and triple chin

I'm not so sure, they just posted a picture the other day, on Facebook, with Axl in his white jacket, almost a profile shot, showing his gut sticking out. Maybe, or they could just pick a 16 show, where he honestly looks the best. Right after he gets out of the wheelchair

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I mean... probably. Makes sense that they use the best of the footage, does it not?

46 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yes.

Just don't hear that Sweet Child is 'laughable'. You want laughable go listen to Vince Neil or David Lee Roth. Again just a bit of an exaggeration. 

Axl's worst was realistically 2014 in South America imo. Truly the darkest hour, luckily he bounced back for the American shows. 

23 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

How do you work the 'heavily doctored' bit out? are we still talking about the overdubs on live era? 1. that was a long time ago, 2. Overdubbing live albums is so common, just about every great live album has some overdubs, and in some cases it's so overdubbed it's basically a studio record with crowd noises.

Last time GNR released a live album it was warts and all, Appetite for democracy has flubs on guitar, Axl didn't sound fantastic on all the songs... they didn't fix it. 

This is a crazy idea, but maybe wait until you hear what they release and then make your opinion on it. There really is no reason to be negative about the proposed live video idea, besides that it should have happened weeks / months / years ago!

First off, I never proofread my post.. I wasn't trying to be negative about them making the video or doctoring it. I left out a key part of my statement that changed the whole sentiment of the post. I just realized this and edited it.  I wasn't saying that them editing or making the video was pathetic. I meant to say that the fact that it is such big news that they are working on a youtube video is pathetic. 

Now in reply to your post as to why I think it is taking them so long ;)

I was just going by the fact that it is taking them so long.. They already have all this pro shot footage, there shouldn't be a ton of effort into releasing a youtube video.  If Axl didn't sound like crap the majority of the time they could mix it real quick and release it.  Bands do this all the time.. Sometimes the same night of the shows. We have seen the handful of pro shots from this tour like the Apoolo and Rock In Rio and Axl sounds like ass. They will definitely have some work to do to make him not sound cringe-worthy depending ion the song.  How many times do you see people say thing like Axl sounded great on the 2nd verse, first 3 words of that verse and so on? Because he can't consistently sound good for a whole song for the most part. As stated on another reply, they are definitely going to spend plenty of time avoiding unflattering angles of Axl.. That will be the hardest part. 

That said, there are a handful of songs he was usually consistently good on so I hope they use those.. Out Ta Get Me, Shadow, Live in Let Die (2016), It's So Easy, Brownstone.. Whatever it is, I am sure the finished product will be awesome. 

The negativity isn't necessarily directed towards the video. It is cool and I hope it kicks ass. I will finally be able to share something on facebook without making the band look bad. The negativity is coming more towards the overall state of the band in general. It is pretty sad. Get as excited as you want about a youtube video.. Bands release tons of this stuff all the time. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

12 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I mean... probably. Makes sense that they use the best of the footage, does it not?

Yes.

Just don't hear that Sweet Child is 'laughable'. You want laughable go listen to Vince Neil or David Lee Roth. Again just a bit of an exaggeration. 

Axl's worst was realistically 2014 in South America imo. Truly the darkest hour, luckily he bounced back for the American shows. 

Again, just a bit of my opinion.

I think he sounds bad. You aren't going to change my mind, just like I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for thinking he sounds good. Yes Roth and Vince are worse, but so what?

I think your praise is overblown. See how silly that sounds?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Again, just a bit of my opinion.

I think he sounds bad. You aren't going to change my mind, just like I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for thinking he sounds good. Yes Roth and Vince are worse, but so what?

I think your praise is overblown. See how silly that sounds?

Sweet Child is just bad. Not sure how anyone can objectively say it isn't. Slash, the "Where Do We Go" part  and crowd participation still make it fun live.  No doubt he is still miles above Roth and Vince. Is being better than Vince Neil really something to brag about hahah? I bet most people on this forum are better than Vince. 

On a side note, I now they that footage from Roth's first Vegas show was absolutely abysmal but I have seen some footage from him opening for KISS after that and it was much much better. Even good at times. 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

First off, I never proofread my post.. I wasn't trying to be negative about them making the video or doctoring it. I left out a key part of my statement that changed the whole sentiment of the post. I just realized this and edited it.  I was saying that them editing or making the video was pathetic. I meant to say that the fact that it is such big news that they are working on a youtube video is pathetic. 

Now in reply to your post as to why I think it is taking them so long ;)

I was just going by the fact that it is taking them so long.. They already have all this pro shot footage, there shouldn't be a ton of effort into releasing a youtube video.  If Axl didn't sound like crap the majority of the time they could mix it real quick and release it.  Bands do this all the time.. Sometimes the same night of the shows. We have seen the handful of pro shots from this tour like Troubador and Rock In Rio and Axl sounds like ass. They will definitely have some work to do to make him not sound cringe-worthy depending ion the song.  How many times do you see people say thing like Axl sounded great on the 2nd verse, first 3 words of that verse and so on? Because He can't consistently sound good for a whole song for the most part. As stated on another reply, they are definitely going to spend plenty of time avoiding unflattering angles of Axl.. That will be the hardest part. 

That said, there are a handful of songs he was usually consistently good on so I hope they use those.. Out Ta Get Me, Shadow, Live in Let Die (2016), It's So Easy, Brownstone.. Whatever it is, I am sure the finished product will be awesome. 

The negativity isn't necessarily directed towards the video. It is cool and I hope it kicks ass. I will finally be able to share something on facebook without making the band look bad. The negativity is coming more towards the overall state of the band in general. It is pretty sad. Get as excited as you want about a youtube video.. Bands release tons of this stuff all the time. 

Oh, I agree with you on that. See! We can all get along🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Never - I torrented it - made it past the part where Rose's piano flies into the air during ''November Rain''. Certainly good comedy.

So I was there that night in the front row and im throughly convinced Axl pissed his pants that night. I think I have a picture to prove it, but i have to pull it up from an old hard drive. 

that whole residency was wild looking back on it. Now everyone does one and it doesn't matter, but back then it felt a little weird to see Axl using the Guns name to do that. I mean Izzy played that shit and still didn't come back to reunion guns. Compared to everything we got In that tirst year or two with the 3 union, Its laughable now, even though the mad bastard did it twice!

it was a good show in person though, at least I thought at the time because thats what Guns/Axl were giving us, that is what I will take. That band was very professional about what they were doing in a marketing sense, but of course you had bad apples like DJ Ashba that made them look dumb. Everyone else was rocking the fuck out and having a good time except Ashbas doing it to, and because he has to force himself to, he's really bad at it. Axls voice was basically atomic bombed compared to his 2007 voice. I mean wasn’t Tommy getting like fucked up fucked up during that time? Listen to the Better from that show. Axl still had the ability to turn it on when he wasn’t winded. And Bumblefoot literally makes a fool of DJ Ashba by playing Buckets solo note for note and adding some of his own flair. DJ has a good run on the last solo himself, but that band musically compared to what came before it is just the ultimate sadness 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I was there that night in the front row and im throughly convinced Axl pissed his pants that night. I think I have a picture to prove it, but i have to pull it up from an old hard drive. 

that whole residency was wild looking back on it. Now everyone does one and it doesn't matter, but back then it felt a little weird to see Axl using the Guns name to do that. I mean Izzy played that shit and still didn't come back to reunion guns. Compared to everything we got In that tirst year or two with the 3 union, Its laughable now, even though the mad bastard did it twice!

it was a good show in person though, at least I thought at the time because thats what Guns/Axl were giving us, that is what I will take. That band was very professional about what they were doing in a marketing sense, but of course you had bad apples like DJ Ashba that made them look dumb. Everyone else was rocking the fuck out and having a good time except Ashbas doing it to, and because he has to force himself to, he's really bad at it. Axls voice was basically atomic bombed compared to his 2007 voice. I mean wasn’t Tommy getting like fucked up fucked up during that time? Listen to the Better from that show. Axl still had the ability to turn it on when he wasn’t winded. And Bumblefoot literally makes a fool of DJ Ashba by playing Buckets solo note for note and adding some of his own flair. DJ has a good run on the last solo himself, but that band musically compared to what came before it is just the ultimate sadness 

Well, Axl wouldn't be the first to do it, Fergie comes to mind.😄 It was probably just sweat though.

On 20/05/2020 at 1:02 AM, Tom2112 said:

How do you work the 'heavily doctored' bit out? are we still talking about the overdubs on live era? 1. that was a long time ago, 2. Overdubbing live albums is so common, just about every great live album has some overdubs, and in some cases it's so overdubbed it's basically a studio record with crowd noises.

Last time GNR released a live album it was warts and all, Appetite for democracy has flubs on guitar, Axl didn't sound fantastic on all the songs... they didn't fix it. 

This is a crazy idea, but maybe wait until you hear what they release and then make your opinion on it. There really is no reason to be negative about the proposed live video idea, besides that it should have happened weeks / months / years ago!

This is the way it should be - don’t like Live Era changes. I just noticed on the back the track list says Nighttrain- misspelt with two Ts. #facepalm

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Never - I torrented it - made it past the part where Rose's piano flies into the air during ''November Rain''.

They should unironically bring back the flying piano during November Rain.

The stage setup in general could use a little more 'razzmatazz'.