NITL live videos on youtube

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But the videos were crucified - unfairly I feel, as Slash was superb - and if I saw the comments I'd be thinking, ''bugger that load of cunts, I'll go back to releasing toy trucks''.

Do you mean on Reddit, or even FB? Because I thought he didn't visit this forum any longer. If on Reddit, then it serves him right for choosing such a lame channel for communication with GNR fans. Who does that? 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not sure. He has a lot of time on his hands, doesn't he?

My position on these videos would have been to comment in the knowledge that Team Brazil and therefore Guns N' Roses are proceeding with 'baby steps''. Team Brazil were literally proceeding from the lowliest position imaginable (toy cars and beach towels): nothing of interest for the fans; no live-archival stuff like all the other bands do; antipathy - hostility - with the fanbase, etc etc. Fernando, instigated by the fans' desire, then put three videos out which was a significant improvement on basically everything Fernando has ever released before just by existing, irrespective of quality. You are literally proceeding from ''toy cars'' to ''live footage'': that is quite a leap in the dark, quite a big step, for this mismanaged band. It would be different if Fernando had been releasing beforehand superb full concerts like Metallica and then we would all be saying to ourselves: ''why only the three songs? Why has the editing/mixing regressed?''.

We went from toy trucks!

You can only ''walk before you run''. Who knows; maybe it might have been five videos next time? Maybe the editing and quality might have improved. But the videos were crucified - unfairly I feel, as Slash was superb - and if I saw the comments I'd be thinking, ''bugger that load of cunts, I'll go back to releasing toy trucks''.

You make some very valid points here, he may have been holding out an Olive branch only to feel we had not accepted it but then again I thought he did not entertain this site.  A shame as I was looking forward to some GnR interaction.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not sure. He has a lot of time on his hands, doesn't he?

My position on these videos would have been to comment in the knowledge that Team Brazil and therefore Guns N' Roses are proceeding with 'baby steps''. Team Brazil were literally proceeding from the lowliest position imaginable (toy cars and beach towels): nothing of interest for the fans; no live-archival stuff like all the other bands do; antipathy - hostility - with the fanbase, etc etc. Fernando, instigated by the fans' desire, then put three videos out which was a significant improvement on basically everything Fernando has ever released before just by existing, irrespective of quality. You are literally proceeding from ''toy cars'' to ''live footage'': that is quite a leap in the dark, quite a big step, for this mismanaged band. It would be different if Fernando had been releasing beforehand superb full concerts like Metallica and then we would all be saying to ourselves: ''why only the three songs? Why has the editing/mixing regressed?''.

We went from toy trucks!

You can only ''walk before you run''. Who knows; maybe it might have been five videos next time? Maybe the editing and quality might have improved. But the videos were crucified - unfairly I feel, as Slash was superb - and if I saw the comments I'd be thinking, ''bugger that load of cunts, I'll go back to releasing toy trucks''.

They were well received on Nightrain. Why wouldn't he take in to account what people think on there. And Reddit had some positive comments which seems to be his site of choice. 

If you add up how many people made negative comments on here it's not really that many. I know diehard Gunners that have never even been on a forum. 

Fernando said they should have already been out, they'll be out sooner than Soon, he wants to bridge the gap with fans. Releasing 3 songs then nothing seems to be winding people up more than anything. A poor show 

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

You make some very valid points here, he may have been holding out an Olive branch only to feel we had not accepted it but then again I thought he did not entertain this site.  A shame as I was looking forward to some GnR interaction.

Reddit is the place for that 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, feli1269 said:

This INXS restoration is fuckin awesome. The video shows the original release vs restoration. Amazing work

Just imagine GNR footage in this quality...

I love INXS and agree that this was a great restoration, but it is not comparable to what any other band is doing right now as a quarantine measure. This restoration was created with the express purpose of sale. INXS sold it directly to consumers and had it air in cinemas to recoup costs and make profit. Guns N' Roses footage of this calibre would be amazing, but they wouldn't do it right now, and certainly not for free. 

3 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Metallica have delivered the goods again today. Entire pro-shot Manchester concert from last year. Absolutely epic as it’s pissing it down! No excuse for GNR. 

Difference is, James Hetfield can still sing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Metallica have delivered the goods again today. Entire pro-shot Manchester concert from last year. Absolutely epic as it’s pissing it down! No excuse for GNR. 

Great show been watching this at work today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Pity axl isnt as talkative to the crowd as what hetfield is.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:12 AM, SAU3R said:

Why would he look at the comments here, did he ever care about what the die-hard-fans said? And I thought the comments on YouTube and other social media were fairly positive 

I struck a nerve with him. :lol:

11 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

The fan edition of NITL selects can be found HERE and it does feature Troubadour unlike the official clips released by GNR!!!

This is 100 times better than the official shit. Even if these are no pro shots, at least the footage has some heart and edge. Not even mentioning that it shows the lead singer who - besides - could actually sing at those times. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2020 at 6:51 AM, StayofExecution2020 said:

I'd rather have Axl being quiet on stage than making a fool of himself with constant "oh yeaaah" like Hetfield. 

Making a fool of himself? You mean singing well every night, looking great and constantly changing the set? 

I think you're talking about a crowd chant from like 92. The man is the benchmark for metal frontmen... it sounds like you don't like metallica because they dwarf gnr in every way possible. 

Axl not saying a word to the crowd actually takes you out of the zone, Hetfield going "oooh yeah" brings you in, I know what I and 99% of the other people attending Metallica concerts prefer. 

• Like 1