NITL live videos on youtube

51 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I guess this is the most disappointing bit for me.

Axl/DC was without a doubt the single greatest vocal performance I have ever witnessed in my life. Axl was in a moon-boot and only a few weeks after Vegas so not a huge change physically, but he KNEW he had to bring his A-game or get slaughtered and his performance was truly mind-blowing.

I agree with the ACDC preference, i was in Manchester and it blew me away how good it was.. Axl wasn't in charge, Angus making him bust his balls might have been a factor but he was excellent, id rather have ACDC Axl Selects to be honest 

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Blu-Rays are just outdated by now.

True but die hard fans would still buy it and they usually have some bonus features to entice them to.  Along with the Blu Rays they would obviously release it on Netflix, Amazon and other streaming outlets where most people would watch it.

It would have to be better than these youtube videos though. They are hardly worth a second viewing. They won't at this point but a real production like Motley Crue's Carnival Of Sins, Or Black Sabbath's The Last Supper would have been awesome! Not a big Maiden fan but something like that Flight 666 would have been great too. 

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

You've missed my point again- it was weak, as shown by the reaction to the video. Most people who have seen it are at best indifferent. 

As you say it's different when you're there- which is my point.  You get involved, you get sucked in, you don't notice the quality as much. That's normal. 

Based on the video.....people are saying it didn't sound very good. Because it doesn't. Videos highlight the actual quality of the gig as opposed to the atmosphere. 

You can tell people how much you enjoyed it, how good you thought it was WHEN YOU WERE THERE but you won't convince anyone it wasn't an average/weak performance. Because they've seen the performance in a high-quality recording which highlights how they sound and look. 

I always laugh when people say things like "I was there, I know it sounded good!" even when there's HD recordings that say otherwise.

I enjoyed the Gorge 2017 show, but I wouldn't want them to release that as a NITL selects because for the most part, Axl would sound pretty weak. It's easier not to care about the weak vocals or sloppy guitar playing when you're in a big crowd at a rock show, but the truth is they haven't sounded very good over the last few years. They've had good moments, but the weak shows definitely outnumber the good shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Comparing The Rolling Stones to GNR is madness. Just look at the back catalogue of The Rolling Stones for starters!

There's no way that a band with so few studio albums should release a second Greatest Hits! 

It is madness, and having seen both a lot... Jagger is ace but a lot of frontmen could do the Stones tracks, not challenging on vocals and generally a slower tempo than Guns

41 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

True but die hard fans would still buy it and they usually have some bonus features to entice them to.  Along with the Blu Rays they would obviously release it on Netflix, Amazon and other streaming outlets where most people would watch it.

It would have to be better than these youtube videos though. They are hardly worth a second viewing. They won't at this point but a real production like Motley Crue's Carnival Of Sins, Or Black Sabbath's The Last Supper would have been awesome! Not a big Maiden fan but something like that Flight 666 would have been great too. 

Didn't stop Slash releasing another one recently. Which sold pretty well I believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Comparing The Rolling Stones to GNR is madness. Just look at the back catalogue of The Rolling Stones for starters!

There's no way that a band with so few studio albums should release a second Greatest Hits! 

Comparing Bands or music in general is madness. It's far too subjective for any meaningful discussion.

But personally I rate Rolling Stone comparable to GNR for their current states. Two behemoth touring acts.

I'd like GNR to do a thing like Blue and Lonesome. A covers album to break up the drought. 

4 minutes ago, dando said:

It is madness, and having seen both a lot... Jagger is ace but a lot of frontmen could do the Stones tracks, not challenging on vocals and generally a slower tempo than Guns

Very true. The Stones catalogue isn't the most challenging vocally but they still put on a consistently A+ performance. 

They're also very good a putting a bit of variety in the setlist. GNR should definitely follow the 'vote for what song to be performed on social media' gimmik.

20 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Comparing Bands or music in general is madness. It's far too subjective for any meaningful discussion.

But personally I rate Rolling Stone comparable to GNR for their current states. Two behemoth touring acts.

I'd like GNR to do a thing like Blue and Lonesome. A covers album to break up the drought. 

Very true. The Stones catalogue isn't the most challenging vocally but they still put on a consistently A+ performance. 

They're also very good a putting a bit of variety in the setlist. GNR should definitely follow the 'vote for what song to be performed on social media' gimmik.

I agree its great that part, ive seen the Stones 4 times, bulk of the set is the same give or take 4 / 5 tracks... Imagine Guns doing that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

No, but its been 3 weeks since the second one...its not serious

Im no fan of the amateur team Brazil, but foe god sake stop crying about live footage, if they release it... Good, if not... So what?  If it happens it happens

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I always laugh when people say things like "I was there, I know it sounded good!" even when there's HD recordings that say otherwise.

I enjoyed the Gorge 2017 show, but I wouldn't want them to release that as a NITL selects because for the most part, Axl would sound pretty weak. It's easier not to care about the weak vocals or sloppy guitar playing when you're in a big crowd at a rock show, but the truth is they haven't sounded very good over the last few years. They've had good moments, but the weak shows definitely outnumber the good shows.

I was at the Gorge show in 2017 & I’d be down for a select if it had I Feel Good on it, but that’s just me being selfish. I can’t speak for the quality of the performance cuz I was sloshed (I had a bottle and a half of Nightrain) but I remember walking by these 2 dudes on the way out who were pretty pissed, they kept shouting “sign the petition to save Axl’s voice”

Edited by The Matinator

1 minute ago, The Matinator said:

I was at the Gorge show in 2017 & I’d be down for a select if it had I Feel Good on it, but that’s just me being selfish. I can’t speak for the quality of the performance cuz I was sloshed (I had a bottle and a half of Nightrain) but I remember walking by these 2 dudes on the way out who were pretty pissed, they kept shouting “sign the petition to save Axl’s voice”

Yea the highlights were I Feel Good and Wichita Lineman, there were some good songs for sure but a lot of rough ones too.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea the highlights were I Feel Good and Wichita Lineman, there were some good songs for sure but a lot of rough ones too.

I Feel Good is the only one I can vouch for cuz it’s the only recording from that show I’ve listened to in depth, is there a full recording out there of that gig? Never found much on YouTube.

Just now, The Matinator said:

I Feel Good is the only one I can vouch for cuz it’s the only recording from that show I’ve listened to in depth, is there a full recording out there of that gig? Never found much on YouTube.

I don't think there's a full recording, there was only a few songs on youtube even before all the takedowns.

16 hours ago, Ant said:

TSI2 starts now?

A great band like GNR with such a small back catalogue shouldn't even think of a second covers album. They wasted already 30 years and people here have ideas like another album full of covers. That's hilarious :rofl-lol:

• Like 1