NITL live videos on youtube

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Lying cunt. New music was not even announced in March but it would've been released by the first week of May?

What a crock.

If GNR were going to release new music, they would've announced it prior to the tour dates, to help sell more tickets. Instead they went down the route of getting The Smashing Pumpkins to open for them, as they knew a tour of the same old shit was a hard sell after having bled the market dry for four years.

Edited by Towelie

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Not to completely defend TB but there are plenty of managers for big time acts who didn’t go to college or get business degrees. Plenty of them are long time friends. There’s a level of trust that’s needed here. The most important aspect are your connections in the industry and the ability to build/manage a team of professionals at the highest level. Then you get into servicing the demand of your artist and implementing their plans through your team

The issue has been that they’ve been dipping their toes in facing these fans over the years. You should really be either in or you’re out in that regard on a manger level. It doesn’t help when they’re confronting or can’t handle criticism when they do come around. 

Again I wouldn't deny that plenty of people get where they are through experience above degrees and that is to be valued. My jabs shouldn't be taken too literally in that regard. My general point is just that he has continuously shown to be incompetent in many of the dailies of being the manager of a big time rock act. I realize Axl is much to blame as well in regards to some things (new music) but it wouldn't take much effort at all to repair the disconnect between the band and its fans.

His "holier than thou" attitude and flashing his manager card every chance he can just makes him just come across as too insecure to truly manage the giant machine that this band has become. I don't even think Guns fans are the most hostile and yet Team Brazil has trouble dealing with it.

• Like 1

I'm getting more and more convinced that Fernando's unofficial engagements with fans and Susan's "uncalled" update are not unrelated to each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if Duff coordinates this unofficial updating, since there can't be an official one.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Fernando was on discord yesterday doing a voice chat, which confirms its really him obviously. 

From what I've heard, he didn't say anything of substance outside of the fact that he says new music would've been released by now if it wasn't for the virus. That's BS IMO, but it's what he said. 

I really wonder who writes his words lol, does he even believe what he is saying... Anyway would be cool to get some proshot video's which actually capture the performances as they are meant to be

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Again I wouldn't deny that plenty of people get where they are through experience above degrees and that is to be valued. My jabs shouldn't be taken too literally in that regard. My general point is just that he has continuously shown to be incompetent in many of the dailies of being the manager of a big time rock act. I realize Axl is much to blame as well in regards to some things (new music) but it wouldn't take much effort at all to repair the disconnect between the band and its fans.

His "holier than thou" attitude and flashing his manager card every chance he can just makes him just come across as too insecure to truly manage the giant machine that this band has become. I don't even think Guns fans are the most hostile and yet Team Brazil has trouble dealing with it.

Sure, that’s certainly an issue and it affects the relationship with this sector of the fanbase, which can be very vocal. Management should really only be all in or nothing publicly with the fans. Stopping by, getting offended and then retaliating only to flee into silence isn’t the best strategy for anyone. The way they present themselves at times is certainly unfortunate. It’s also unfortunate the band hasn’t/or isn’t allowed to step in there to connect with the fans more. Then these Fernando updates/interactions wouldn’t be at all necessary or highly subdued 

Measuring incompetence and his daily duties is something more defined by his artist and whatever their agenda is and more importantly here, what their artist is willing to do. Facing the fanbase as a manager, while could be beneficial in certain ways, isn’t and really shouldn’t be a focus. There’s a ton of stuff moving for an active band on GNR’s level. Only Axl can say if he’s done right by them, if he trusts them to handle his career/legacy/etc.. and if these negative interactions have had an effect or even matter in what they want to accomplish.  At the end of the day, management answers to if the things Axl wanted has happened to his satisfaction and if Axl believes his manager is looking out for his best interests. Long answer short, we have no clue there 

Maybe Fernando is feeling the heat now from above or maybe not and he’s just now willing to adapt now that he or even Axl sees the value. If it leads to a better bridge between the band and this part of the fanbase, that’s certainly a good step forward. I hope it works out 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

From the clips I've heard, it was funny to hear a bunch of people who spend their time on forums and discord trashing TB, to turn around kiss his ass trying to get his attention. 

Again, I haven't heard all of the recordings but that's the impression I got. Some people did ask real questions but of course, no real answers were given. 

I actually confronted him with this question:

Hey @Flebeis I know I'm gonna be banned since everyone is kissing your ass now to get answers, that's how miserable we GNR fans are unlike some other big bands who communicate in proper ways with fans. anyway how do you honestly compare Metallica's management with the way you are managing GNR? honest opinion. are you proud of yourself?

And Fernando answers something like:
I donno about Metallica but we had huge ticket sales so I'm proud

And he kind of said something like he doesn't like my attitude etc.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I actually confronted him with this question:

Hey @Flebeis I know I'm gonna be banned since everyone is kissing your ass now to get answers, that's how miserable we GNR fans are unlike some other big bands who communicate in proper ways with fans. anyway how do you honestly compare Metallica's management with the way you are managing GNR? honest opinion. are you proud of yourself?

And Fernando answers something like:
I donno about Metallica but we had huge ticket sales so I'm proud

And he kind of said something like he doesn't like my attitude etc.

To be fair, Metallica owns their masters and has their own record label to facilitate some of the things they’ve done (Which if GNR wants, they should have released more albums). Fan experiences, the way they’ve engaged with fans and their varied set lists aside, they aren’t really on an equal footing completely.

It’s hard to compare two managers when their artists have different needs/objectives. I think his answer shows you their current focal point 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s hard to compare two managers when their artists have different needs/objectives. I think his answer shows you their current focal point 

True, that kind of sums it up for me as well. Corporation gave him an objective and he seems to have successfully achieved it.

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

We should have a dedicated thread for "All artists who've released live concerts during COVID except Guns".

Add Radiohead to the list.

They uploaded Bonnaroo 2006 which is supposedly one of Thom's favorite shows.

Not a big band but one of my favorites DMA’S released a live show last week. Liam Gallagher is releasing his MTV unplugged, Genesis released an old show, and many other examples

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

From the clips I've heard, it was funny to hear a bunch of people who spend their time on forums and discord trashing TB, to turn around kiss his ass trying to get his attention. 

Again, I haven't heard all of the recordings but that's the impression I got. Some people did ask real questions but of course, no real answers were given. 

What would he win lying about that though?

That's pretty big if true. It means that we should expect new music whenever touring resumes. It's kind of the same thing that Duff said on the AWOLNATION's IG live.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm getting more and more convinced that Fernando's unofficial engagements with fans and Susan's "uncalled" update are not unrelated to each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if Duff coordinates this unofficial updating, since there can't be an official one.

Not sure if this is coordinated, but this approach surely avoids headlines. 

I just think that it's very unlikely that a big act like GNR will manage to tour later this year. Even if they can, the audience may not. From the financial standpoint, if they are waiting to release something for the tour, this could happen only in late 2021 or even 2022. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

That's pretty big if true. It means that we should expect new music whenever touring resumes. It's kind of the same thing that Duff said on the AWOLNATION's IG live.

I think if you interpret is as that you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We've reached out many times. We've made it clear we're more than happy to help bridge the gap between the fans and the band. It's always fallen in deaf ears unfortunately. 

That’s what I find odd - why go on something which is apparently far more hostile than here and do a live chat but refuse to do anything at MyGNR??

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Huh? Where did I say he lied about anything? What I did say was that he didn't give any real answers. 

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s what I find odd - why go on something which is apparently far more hostile than here and do a live chat but refuse to do anything at MyGNR??

My answer to your question is the same answer I've had involving GN'R for around 20 years:

Who knows lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? Where did I say he lied about anything? What I did say was that he didn't give any real answers. 

My answer to your question is the same answer I've had involving GN'R for around 20 years:

Who knows lol

😂

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Maybe it just has to do with the platform, as it seems he doesn't want what he says to be taken as official statements. There he was able to do a voice chat that he asked not to be recorded, so even if it's recorded it won't be shared in public and then make news as statements etc. And on reddit all the threads he posts in get deleted (possibly at his request) after a little while so his comments are not visible in the main feed of the GnR subreddit or of his profile and one has to look to find them.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Can't wait to the watch the lyric video for Sweet Child O' Mine - featuring illustrations directly from the soon to be bestseller!

Wasn't duffs video for tenderness in the same style, as the trailer for the book?

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Who knows lol

That's fair enough, I get your point.

I'm thinking that Duff, Susan, and Fernando are kind of hinting at the same thing. I will not entirely believe it until I have a record on my hands, but there are definitely hints.

Edited by Manfisman
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

That's fair enough, I get your point.

I'm thinking that Duff, Susan, and Fernando are kind of hinting at the same thing. I will not entirely believe it until I have a record on my hands, but there are definitely hints.

What did duff say in that direction? What 'hint' are you referring at?

Edited by ZODIAC