NITL live videos on youtube

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What in the shite are you on about. You're talking utter gibberish, have you been drinking 😄

Not sure how you assessed I haven't been listening to music for the last 20yrs... completely wrong. The problem here is that I know good from bad, you on the other hand are a great example of a fan that cannot say if something is bad. Enjoy being a complete fool, you're excelling at it.

Yeah in funk the bass is supposed to be loud, duh! Last I checked gnr were a rock band... and the bass in rock is not supposed to overpower the guitar and be the loudest thing in the mix. You're the expert though, would love to hear your stellar mixes🤣

Finally, I never said Rock am ring was a good mix, but it was far more enjoyable than this and more balanced with the exception of a bumble solo here and there that was muted unintentionally.

Now buggar off, please and thanks! 

the mixing team and fernando were just looking at their west coast g funk spotify playlists for inspo 

• Haha 2

This version of Rocket Queen is really good.  Maybe it is because I am a guitarist, but I never got all the bashing on the extended jam on RQ!  I always love whenever Slash brings out the talk-box, and for all the people that don't like Slash's "shredder mode" this is where he shines because with the talk box solos he goes for more melodic motifs and are always the most reminiscent of UYI era Slash

The mix is such an improvement on this latest batch of songs.  Duff's bass crystal clear, the guitars both properly balanced and not dry, Axl's vocals blending in with the vocals so his more Mickey moments don't stick out as oddly.  To me it is a really good sign that TB is at least listening to the critiques and attempting to implement those improvements in these new videos

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UncleJosh said:

Well I have seen and heard Myles Kennedy and many local cover bands live and I stand by my statement.  Many singers in cover bands sound better than "famous and successful" singers but they might lack the drive, desire, or charisma or a lucky break than singers who "made it".  Hell I have heard cover band singers who blow away Axl too , so there is no bias happening.  My statement was neither ridicoulous nor uninformed as I mostly listen to live music and have been for over 35 years.  I like Myles on record but live he can't pull of what he does in studio.  And he cannot pull off GNR songs in my well researched opinion.  Some of the people Adler had in his bands blew Myles away for example.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. 

Hahahahahha cover band singers better than Axl Rose ever or the actual?

If you mean better that 87-93 Axl you must be drunk or something man...

Axl was the most distinctive element in GnR, all members had their imput and importance, but Axl will be named forever when talking about the best rock/hard rock and even for some metal music...he wasnt just one more singer in the scene, he blew people away with his voice, performances and persona...that isnt common.

Edited by Alejandro GNR

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

What in the shite are you on about. You're talking utter gibberish, have you been drinking 😄

Not sure how you assessed I haven't been listening to music for the last 20yrs... completely wrong. The problem here is that I know good from bad, you on the other hand are a great example of a fan that cannot say if something is bad. Enjoy being a complete fool, you're excelling at it.

Yeah in funk the bass is supposed to be loud, duh! Last I checked gnr were a rock band... and the bass in rock is not supposed to overpower the guitar and be the loudest thing in the mix. You're the expert though, would love to hear your stellar mixes🤣

Finally, I never said Rock am ring was a good mix, but it was far more enjoyable than this and more balanced with the exception of a bumble solo here and there that was muted unintentionally.

Now buggar off, please and thanks! 

Dude your autism is flying out so hard right now.

The world has moved on from Appetite sonics, Aerosmith only a few years later with their 90s sound did the same stylistic application of compression of bass, it's literally the 'modern' production sound we all know today. 

You are silly and you type a lot of nothing.

Edited by SMG
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Hahahahahha cover band singers better than Axl Rose ever or the actual...

If you mean better that 87-93 Axl you must be drunk or something man...

Axl was the most distinctive element in GnR, all members had their imput and importance, but Axl will be named forever when talking about the best rock/hard rock and even for some metal music...he wasnt just one more singer in the scene, he blew people away with his voice, performances and persona...that isnt common.

I wasn't referring to him overall as a frontman as I think he is one of the best ever and in my top 3 favorite singers all time.  But he is not infallible and there are lots of people who never made it who can sing better on a purely technical level. Listen to Indiana 91 and if you can say that no singer can sound better "technically" than that performance than I think you are blinded by bias. That doesn't mean that singer is a better performer or that they can convey the emotion and passion that Axl did but as far as hitting the notes cleanly, there are people out there who can do it.  I agree Axl is unique but the reason for their success was not only his amazing vocal talent. 

Maybe you need to get out more and listen to and see more live music to appreciate the level of talent some non famous people have.

15 hours ago, adamsapple said:

They are not performing together, more like alongside.

And they sound total shit, ruining some of the best rock songs ever made. 

I've seen street musicians, trashy cover bands in pubs and even living room musicians on Youtube playing the songs with more love and life than these boring old farts who wrote them.

I'm not expecting them to sound like 1988 or still "feel" songs every night they've played a zillion times over and over again. Everyone gets older and everyone can have a bad day or a night off. It's ok, really. But this has absolutely no heart, no soul, no passion. Just posing for money and ego. Sad, absolutely sad.

They should just call it a day.

I agree, they look like they're on autopilot, especially on SCOM. That's probably why Slash messed up a little in that song, because he's off thinking about something else. He has looked way more into it, more passion and all that, when he's performed those songs with SMKC.

Imo it's Frank and Fortus who are doing most of the ruining, playing all sorts of nonsense that doesn't belong. 

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The disco is terrible.. So is Fortus on this one... His solo doesn't even sound like it belongs in the same room as the song.. Just doesn't fit. 

I've been saying that since the first Vegas show. Hated his solo and playing on RQ since then.

6 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Do you think Axl, Slash and Duff are enjoying themselves even if it is a cash grab?

Axl yes, Slash and Duff probably goes back and forth. Like Slash said to Matt, "it's just a gig."

4 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

The Appetite lineup with Myles Kennedy instead of Axl would be great. It’ll never happen but sometimes it’s fun to play the what if game. 

I would pay to see that. Like when they did the hall of fame performance, that sounded great.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah the drums are mixed to the back, butied by the guitars and bass. Theres barely any oomph off the kick drum, no snap off the snare, the hats are hard to hear at times and the crash and rides are inaudible in places. You're fantastic for knowing the term side chain compression👏👏🙆‍♂️ but if you think this is great then you have no clue about good mixes. 

Also, the bass is overpowering, and it's NOT supposed to do that. 

I love talking to experts that know so much😄

I agree about the drums. You want to see a good drum mix in a video, check out the SMKC Moshcam Sydney show or the proshots that came out last summer for them.

3 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

I disagree. I’ve seen the Conspirators three times and Myles was great at each show. Way better than present day Axl. 

Yes 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Myles is incredible, he doesn't sound or try to sound like Axl though, so there are loads of fans who discredit him as a singer... when in reality the guy out performs Axl and is WAY more reliable. I prefer Axls voice, but Myles is excellent too.

100%, I think most people who say that they don't like him are doing it because he's not Axl and has never tried to sing like Axl. He does those songs in his own style and Slash clearly likes it. Myles is much more consistent too.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

Just noticed. Correct me if I’m  wrong. Last clip of sweet child. During Slash’s solo,  in the background,  is that Sasha?

I think so.

The main weak spot once again is Axl but at this point there's nothing we can do about it. Slash sounds great even if he's on autopilot. I think since Download did the video and audio they should upload this show in full.

12 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

I wasn't referring to him overall as a frontman as I think he is one of the best ever and in my top 3 favorite singers all time.  But he is not infallible and there are lots of people who never made it who can sing better on a purely technical level. Listen to Indiana 91 and if you can say that no singer can sound better "technically" than that performance than I think you are blinded by bias. That doesn't mean that singer is a better performer or that they can convey the emotion and passion that Axl did but as far as hitting the notes cleanly, there are people out there who can do it.  I agree Axl is unique but the reason for their success was not only his amazing vocal talent. 

Maybe you need to get out more and listen to and see more live music to appreciate the level of talent some non famous people have.

Yeah I get what you’re pointing out. I have to agree that Axls been hit and miss live, but when he was on he tore the place apart.

But again, I understand your statement now

9 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

are you serious ????

pfff anyway if we don't complain we are wrong. Maybe TB are the worst managment in the world but maybe also .......we are the worst fans in the world !!! come on we get free pro-vidéo. Congratulation @Powderfinger I would love to hear you playing drunk !!!!

Love this version of rocket Queen of exept........you know !!!!

I'm a fan of way too many other bands and see the amount of material, demos, unreleased songs, live albums, live blu rays etc to be content with whatever little scraps of crap Fernando lobs our way. 

Compared to most of their peers, both over the last almost 30 years and during the last 3 months where artists are putting up full live gigs and relasing stuff,  GNR have done fuck all. 

I'm not complaining,  like I said in my original post, it is what it is.... 

And, what Slash is doing at the start of rocket Queen with the slide.... fuck a drunk 10 year old could make that noise.....

Axl vocals are always a thing I get that, but I wanna ask you guys, from all the bands that are 30+ years old where the vocals in songs do not require only low register or like middle range which frontman actually still nails it live? Who sings on a constant great level? Yeah there's Bruce Dickinson and Steven Tyler Who still deliver but really If you can name 5 please tell me. 

Great job releasing this TB. Credit where credit is due, except that they had to rely on the Download people because their own recordings are obviously sub par. That was most likely the real reason for the delay. 

Axl sounds awful on YCBM. This dude needs to either get his act together or retire. This is not the sound we fell in love with as fans. It sounds bad dude. Stop doing that voice. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Axl vocals are always a thing I get that, but I wanna ask you guys, from all the bands that are 30+ years old where the vocals in songs do not require only low register or like middle range which frontman actually still nails it live? Who sings on a constant great level? Yeah there's Bruce Dickinson and Steven Tyler Who still deliver but really If you can name 5 please tell me. 

Right...Axl, Baz, Plant, Vince Neil, Bon Jovi, Don Dokken, Blackie Lawless, Tom Kiefer, Brian Johnson, Bon Jovi, Dave Mustaine, David Coverdale, even Rob Halford...time has beat up their vocal capacities...

Bruce is still very close to what he’s always been.

For me Steven Tyler gets the benefit of singing with his natural voice sound. 

Axl sings with a “made up” or forced voice, that becomes much harder to keep (I GUESS)

Maybe Dio would be another exception

Sammy Hagar and Rob Halford still deliver the goods in their iconic voices. Some tuning down certain songs to help with the notes but still impressive for their ages. I'd say those two, Bruce Dickinson, Steven Tyler, Ronnie James Dio (before he died of course but still nailing it until then), and James Hetfield (he sings cleaner these days but still distinctly sounds like Hetfield and can carry the gigs). A few, anyways. Even Brian Johnson was aolid until the ear problems. I'll take his singing Thunderstruck at nearly 70 over whatever Axl is currently doing for songs like Sweet Child and You Could Be Mine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

I personally don't think a top consistent level is expected, but Axl's voice sounds like he is out of breath and lacks any sort of power - even with the easier songs. And he isn't charging around as much as he used to, so I dont think that can be an excuse anymore.

Sure he is 50+ , and good on him for carrying on, but imo he sounds tired after a couple of bars of the first song. He may have blown his voice etc, but it seems to me that he doesn't put any effort into his craft going by the evidence we've seen of him live - be that warm ups, warm downs, vocal training and exercise when not performing live, rehearsing with band (lol at the last one point as we know that doesn't happen, but imo that would help him).

It's a shame as I think he could still push out a strong voice that most folk would be happy with, but it would require some work and effort on his part which doesn't appear something he does? Also its hard to accept that view point for me personally as all we have heard of the decades is how much of a perfectionist he is.......but it perhaps seems that's not the case for live gigs. If they release even a single song and it's new vocals by him and they're powerful, I'd be content. Right now I'm tired of the band and him and I've been a huge Axl defender over the many years.

• Like 1

I mean, before telling Axl to retire let's remember that he sounded FUCKING AWESOME in 2016. I mean, grab any show from that year, especially from AC/DC and name me 10 betters singers. I'll wait. He fucking killed it!

2017 was not as good but it was still nice. I agree that he starting sounded worse after that, but nobody expected him to kill it that way in 2016 (or 2006-2010). I think he can switch it on when he's really motivated.

• Like 2

Yeah I don’t want Axl to retire, but I do think he’ll eventually need to “adjust” his sound somehow. Whether that means tuning down, focusing solely on lower-voice songs, doing more with piano and acoustic guitars, or all of the above is still a mystery. But when he gets to his 70s he’ll need to do at least one if not more (or all) of those things.

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

This version of Rocket Queen is really good.  Maybe it is because I am a guitarist, but I never got all the bashing on the extended jam on RQ!  I always love whenever Slash brings out the talk-box, and for all the people that don't like Slash's "shredder mode" this is where he shines because with the talk box solos he goes for more melodic motifs and are always the most reminiscent of UYI era Slash

Seriously? Never liked him doing the talk box. Neither then nor now. I always preferred his solo spots like his RQ with the Conspirators or when he improvises before the Godfather theme and before DTJ. Even when the whole band played those bluesjams in the 80's. That's when he shines IMO.

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Sammy Hagar and Rob Halford still deliver the goods in their iconic voices. Some tuning down certain songs to help with the notes but still impressive for their ages. I'd say those two, Bruce Dickinson, Steven Tyler, Ronnie James Dio (before he died of course but still nailing it until then), and James Hetfield (he sings cleaner these days but still distinctly sounds like Hetfield and can carry the gigs). A few, anyways. Even Brian Johnson was aolid until the ear problems. I'll take his singing Thunderstruck at nearly 70 over whatever Axl is currently doing for songs like Sweet Child and You Could Be Mine.

Don't forget Ozzy. I mean he's sick now, but when I saw him in recent years he has always delivered. 

10 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Ive never really got the huge love for the Ritz show...I confess Im a UYI fan over AFD...for me any 1992/3 show waaaaay better than the Ritz era...Slash became much better including his sound, Axls singing during 92 for me its his best, the performances have lots of energy...

Ive always seen Ritz as very good but as a band becoming something special, but a band that reached its peak afterwards

It's the energy, the interactions with the fans in such a small club, the atmosphere, the rawness of how the songs were performed. High voltage. KOHD without that pointless extended solo, the speach before OTGM, no lame ass ballads. It's definitely my favorite show of those I have seen completely (or almost completely)

It’s funny how they (TB/F) are actually trying to do something, yet the unfortunate and baffling way they’ve been using is actually making things even worse for a number of people. 
One would think they’d listen to the stuff first and upload something from 2016 or at least upload some stronger songs from the setlist, right? 
I don’t know, man. What is it? Someone suggested that they may be really too far gone and think he really sounds good on this. 
I don’t get it. Are they putting out the worst first? But why? Makes no sense. 
Complete ignorance? Complete idiocy? Maybe both? Or is there any other option? 
Questions, only questions. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Seriously? Never liked him doing the talk box. Neither then nor now. I always preferred his solo spots like his RQ with the Conspirators or when he improvises before the Godfather theme and before DTJ. Even when the whole band played those bluesjams in the 80's. That's when he shines IMO.

Different strokes I suppose! I always loved the talk-box jams back to when I first heard the extended solo on Live Era, then again I am a huge fan of Frampton as a guitarist so love for that type of thing has always been in my guitar DNA

For the talk box solos, I like how Slash goes for more funky and straight up melodic motivic development so the solos always sing

1000 times better than the NITL stuff they released a month or so back. Band sounds tight , vibey and on. Couldn't get over how messy (Slash in particular) and sterile the first batch sounded and this is a vast improvement. The actual camera footage is a huge improvement too. 

Very cool!