NITL live videos on youtube

4 hours ago, adamsapple said:

This.

Since the casuals obviously couldn't care less about actual quality as long as Slash is doing Slash on stage they might as well make some hardcore fans happy with some of the good shit they certainly do have up their sleeves but not share. It's not like NITL didn't have plenty of really good to absolutely amazing performances. On top of my head Houston 2016 comes to mind for example. By posting anything BUT what many actual fans were suggesting, requesting and asking for all the time they just show once again how little they care. Too little, too late.

I'm among the first to bitch but I'm also jumping to praise the shit out of them whenever they offer something really cool. And for many reasons those "selects" posted so far were not cool. That's my personal opinion and I totally respect when people are happy with less than what's possible and enjoy what's being offered. I'm not. I've seen shaky cell phone bootlegs on YT that got me more excited and entertained than any of the "selects" so far.

I feel Houston was their best show but Axls singing will still suck for those who want Axl to be his older self.

He was very good to his new standarts, but lets not fool ourselves, he was weak where he’s always weak nowadays. Maybe a little bit better than the majority of shows, but for casual fans his voice will sound shot or like a cat drowning or any of those sad comments you may read in social media

November Rain, YCBM, SCOM all sound horrendous vocally...and Im a fan boy

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 6:50 PM, EricA said:

Anybody else missing some noise from the audience here and there?

ok to be fair, there is some at SCOM, but most of the time it feels like watching a live performance without getting any concert vibe at all, but maybe it's just me, for whom it feels weird:shrugs:

It's not just you. Without crowd noise and shots of people standing still, it just ruins the vibe of the performance.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Axl sounds pretty damn good on this RQ outro. Having soundboard/proshot of Slither was really cool too. I hope we get some videos pre-2018, something from the NA 2016 run or my 2017 shows would be really cool to see.

He almost sounded good, he was almost rasping but changed it to his mickivoice... 

30 minutes ago, wrolk said:

He almost sounded good, he was almost rasping but changed it to his mickivoice... 

He’s phrasing is really weird... “its such-a lonely”...“until”...

Sounds bad, his voice is bad and the phrasing and enaunciation is even worse, just like the “thunda” in SCOM

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 3

I cant remember very well... but it was a old show from 1991 when the mtrfckr say a great rant about some theme... 

And in some part of the rant he says: "... if you cant sing SHUT THA FUCK UP!".

what a very nice time to remember.

Edited by axlvai

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There's plenty of positivity here. When it's merited. 

I liked it and am grateful to hear Axl sing. I thought he was actually good, some parts I can hear his rasp and old razor-blade voice just under the surface, and I think you prick-tease Axl. Just let it rip for once and show us what ya’ got! But the truth is he probably can’t do it. That slight hint of his old voice that peeks through every now and then makes me remember why he’s my all-time favourite vocalist and frontman.

I use the program "Hybrid" to use the interframe technic to make this video in 60fps. he simulate the missing information from the previous frame and the next frame. Looks smooth as f'@$

Edited by t-p-d-a

3 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

I liked it and am grateful to hear Axl sing. I thought he was actually good, some parts I can hear his rasp and old razor-blade voice just under the surface, and I think you prick-tease Axl. Just let it rip for once and show us what ya’ got! But the truth is he probably can’t do it. That slight hint of his old voice that peeks through every now and then makes me remember why he’s my all-time favourite vocalist and frontman.

I feel he can still let it rip totally....but for preservation reasons he just can't on tours that go on and on and on. No one could. Things are being spread too thinly in the name of greed for the live show money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I prefer these smaller clips (assuming they will he released weekly) over whole concerts. It is easier to make the time to watch, and it highlights different shows.

I prefer 1 song per video. They can go through the entire setlist. From "It's So Easy" to "Paradise City", including rarities like "There Was A Time", "Locomotive", "Dead Horse" ... They can go through every single song to find the best version. The best version of "It's So Easy", the best version of "Shadow Of Your Love", the best version of "Sweet Child O 'Mine". I also think that the "casual" fan is more likely to click on the video if the name of the song is in the title instead of "NITL Selects". In the end, they can put all the videos in a playlist.

I don't want to see this idea of selected songs on a DVD / Blu Ray. That fits perfectly as a YouTube format. I would like to see a full concert on DVDs from the same evening.

• Like 4

I actually really liked the longer video with a handful of songs. Something fun for me to rock out to doing stuff in the house, or whatever.  Almost felt like I was there while I was doing dishes looking at my computer screen as if it was a window out to the concert going on in my yard. 

• Like 2

I think both ways are fine, as long as the quality is there.

If they would upload the very best version of every song played on the tour, one video per week, that would be great!

They could still release that as a blu ray in higher quality (4k) later on. I would buy it.

Someone would have to do a little bit of work though to find these best versions.:D

25 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I don't want to see this idea of selected songs on a DVD / Blu Ray. That fits perfectly as a YouTube format. I would like to see a full concert on DVDs from the same evening.

Iron Maiden did this really well with the Flight 666 movie, but it was also the behind the scenes footage and the travel footage what made Flight 666 so great... Would love to see a movie of the whole GNR entourage traveling from one city to the next with BTS footage and a selection of songs from the city

• Like 4

On 21/06/2020 at 5:27 PM, allwaystired said:

There's a 'protection' element too I think. You can't go out there for 4/5 years of touring even as a young man and expect things to be OK. I think he's probably been advised to try singing differently in order to try and keep things going. 

Simply put: they're on the road far, far too much and he/they are knackered. 

Yeah, he had some years there where the body of voice was still there but he would go for the high note every night rather than, pick and choose his moments... and singing in his style that's a recipe for disaster. Has he lost his voice for good? we'll see! 

I honestly don't mind a bit of that clean vocal, that's fine! but it needs to have power. If he can't sing clean and powerful then I'd rather he just threw caution to wind, sang with his extreme voice and went out guns blaring... this 'protection' thing is not protecting his legacy, people can hear his voice is weak and that's the lasting memory.

If Axl came out next week and did a livestream and his vocals were killer, I'd probably be excited enough that I'd hold on to my Lisbon tickets for next year! at this point I'm thinking, the guy has been off the road all this time, his voice is in tatters already, he doesn't work with a coach anymore... and more than likely there won't be new material, so I just want a refund.

20 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Iron Maiden did this really well with the Flight 666 movie, but it was also the behind the scenes footage and the travel footage what made Flight 666 so great... Would love to see a movie of the whole GNR entourage traveling from one city to the next with BTS footage and a selection of songs from the city

you want to see personal interviews with TB? 

I think it's a good idea when there's a documentary made around it, but with GNR and Axl being so bloody tight lipped I can't see him green lighting anything like that! even if it would be popular!

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah, he had some years there where the body of voice was still there but he would go for the high note every night rather than, pick and choose his moments... and singing in his style that's a recipe for disaster. Has he lost his voice for good? we'll see! 

I honestly don't mind a bit of that clean vocal, that's fine! but it needs to have power. If he can't sing clean and powerful then I'd rather he just threw caution to wind, sang with his extreme voice and went out guns blaring... this 'protection' thing is not protecting his legacy, people can hear his voice is weak and that's the lasting memory.

If Axl came out next week and did a livestream and his vocals were killer, I'd probably be excited enough that I'd hold on to my Lisbon tickets for next year! at this point I'm thinking, the guy has been off the road all this time, his voice is in tatters already, he doesn't work with a coach anymore... and more than likely there won't be new material, so I just want a refund.

you want to see personal interviews with TB? 

I think it's a good idea when there's a documentary made around it, but with GNR and Axl being so bloody tight lipped I can't see him green lighting anything like that! even if it would be popular!

Yep, in terms of 'protection' I mean protecting his ability to stay on the road rather than anything else. 

To be honest, I'm of the view that unless there is significant new material to be played (and by 'significant' I don't mean the carrot of Hardschool lying at the bottom of a setlist with the 'potential' that it might, maybe be played at one show) they should just knock these dates on the head. Virtually every other band has announced their rescheduled shows and plans.....nothing from GNR. There's so little excitement or interest in this run that it's ridiculous. 

20 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I feel he can still let it rip totally....but for preservation reasons he just can't on tours that go on and on and on. No one could. Things are being spread too thinly in the name of greed for the live show money. 

Totally agree mate! 

• Like 1