NITL live videos on youtube

14 minutes ago, EricA said:

Huh? There wasn't a teaser like this for the previous two, so why than, should that be one now? it's only another boring b/w insta post.

I thought because the post said 'Encore' and the encore is missing on the setlist.. So maybe they upload the encore from Mexico 2016.. 

But maybe that's just me hoping for a 2016 show to be uploaded

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I thought because the post said 'Encore' and the encore is missing on the setlist.. So maybe they upload the encore from Mexico 2016.. 

But maybe that's just me hoping for a 2016 show to be uploaded

nice thought indeed, but you know...whoever typed this "Encore" line, wasn't probably thinking that complex:(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dando said:

Setlist is wrong as TWAT was played not Coma wasn't it? 

That's a setlist from November, TWAT was played on 20th April 2016.. Also Better was played quite late in the set during the April shows, that changed during the NA summer tour.. On this setlist, Better is listed early

So I think this is the setlist from one of the November 2016 gigs, even though Yesterdays was played on 29th November and Used To Love Her was played on 30th November and both are not printed

Feels like CSI:MyGNR.. we need new music 

Edited by SAU3R

On 27/06/2020 at 6:34 AM, lame ass security said:

"Completely awful" is a bit harsh, imo. It's a little hit or miss but totally acceptable for a live show. I know from personal experience that song is a bitch to sing.

I have heard JBJ sound so much worse than this! What I will say is that... while JBJ is ducking and diving around the high notes here... he at least resembles JBJ from the record. Axl sounds like 40% of what was on the record, correct pitch and melody, but missing the distortion and power. 

I don't enjoy current JBJs voice, but I'd bet you have much better odds of getting a good show when you go see him. Axl could improve his voice without losing a bunch of weight, there are plenty of heavy / unfit singers who kill it every night... it's more about consistently using his voice on and off the road and at this point rehabbing with a proper coach that can get to him to a place where he sounds closer to his heyday... it's 30+ years later, I don't expect miracles! but there is more than he can do!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

That's a setlist from November, TWAT was played on 20th April 2016.. Also Better was played quite late in the set during the April shows, that changed during the NA summer tour.. On this setlist, Better is listed early

So I think this is the setlist from one of the November 2016 gigs, even though Yesterdays was played on 29th November and Used To Love Her was played on 30th November and both are not printed

Feels like CSI:MyGNR.. we need new music 

The night Yesterdays was in the encore? 

On 27. 6. 2020 at 2:47 AM, Coma16 said:

Philly 2012

You've gotta be kidding. We already have several pro-shots AND an official DVD from that year (which sucked in general anyway). If anything from post-release NuGNR, then 2009/2010, logically. 

• Like 1

While flipping thru youtube vids last night, my wife and I watched the latest NITL selects. She likes GnR, we have the CDs in the car, etc. She thought it was absolutely terrible because of Axls voice, she said the band sounded like bad karaoke. We made it to SCOM and had to turn it off because it sounded like a parody. He has to do something about it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

While flipping thru youtube vids last night, my wife and I watched the latest NITL selects. She likes GnR, we have the CDs in the car, etc. She thought it was absolutely terrible because of Axls voice, she said the band sounded like bad karaoke. We made it to SCOM and had to turn it off because it sounded like a parody. He has to do something about it.

Except the chorus part Slither was great

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sweet child has been crap live for 30 years

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

You've gotta be kidding. We already have several pro-shots AND an official DVD from that year (which sucked in general anyway). If anything from post-release NuGNR, then 2009/2010, logically. 

While I'd rather have something from '02, '06, or '10 from nuGuns; Philly 2012 was far and away better than every proshot and AFDemocracy. Probably the best show from 2011-2014.

Axl was just coming off having some kind of cold or flu and rasped his ass off all show. If there were to be something unearthed from that four year stretch, that would be the show to have.

3 hours ago, dando said:

That depends on what you can consider "crap".

If we are talking about not-close-to-the-studio-version performances, then yeah I agree. SCOM has been hit or miss live since the 90s.

Now, if we are talking about cringe-worthy performances, those that you cannot show to non-GNR fans because they'd laugh at your face, then I don't agree at all. There were a lot of decent performances of SCOM over the years. I consider most of the UYI performances good enough, but only the raspy ones from 2006-7 and 2009-10 are "showable to non-GNR fans" IMO. The clean voice on SCOM has never worked for me.

I'd pay everything I have to see the Illusions- tour-Axl. He was incredible back then, though he was even better in the '80s.

The band played it how the song should be played. Nothing to moan about it.

Edited by Free Bird

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'd pay everything I have to see the Illusions- tour-Axl. He was incredible back then, though he was even better in the '80s.

The band played it how the song should be played. Nothing to moan about it.

It wont happen, and neither will this one but I'd take 2006 Axl over anything from the 90s voice wise

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

While I'd rather have something from '02, '06, or '10 from nuGuns; Philly 2012 was far and away better than every proshot and AFDemocracy. Probably the best show from 2011-2014.

Axl was just coming off having some kind of cold or flu and rasped his ass off all show. If there were to be something unearthed from that four year stretch, that would be the show to have.

Sure, but not before we have dozens of shows from other - better - years. 

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

Philly 2012 > 09/10

Controversial, but Axl was killer and musically the band were fucking killer

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

If anything these videos are proof how how bad Axl is and how inferior this lineup is to any of the classic era lineups.. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dando said:

There's been great performances of the song up to about 2011. And there's been good performances here and there form 2012-2016.

Not any of them sound as good as the record, but that's q pretty high standard of vocal to expect.

I just picked a random year, and found a pretty decent SCOM right out of the gate  from 2007.

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

If anything these videos are proof how how bad Axl is and how inferior this lineup is to any of the classic era lineups.. 

100% true, but you have to agree that the sound of the band is down to Duff and Slash. Those two basically went into that rehearsal room in 2016 and said "this is how GNR should sound" and... I have to say they did a bad job. Imagine the 2009 tightness with Slash and Duff inserted in, that would have been beautiful! 

I don't necessarily think GNR should be too tight and in places the NuGuns era was too tight, but GNR definitely shouldn't sound so sloppy that you could go to a tribute act and hear a better version of the same song! Balance. A lot of the loose and raw sound is coming from the drums, which are far more open than in previous years. On top of that the mixing style is much less polished in comparison to say 2010. Dream scenario would be they tighten up a bit... but don't squeeze the life out of the songs, or go near click tracks for live.