NITL live videos on youtube

Just now, gnrjanus said:

The troubadour is not availible to do  

Think the rights lay with the camera crew and people to them. 

Thought there was a release planned but didnt pen out cause due to money dispute between gnr and the filming/editing crew... 

Don’t think that was Troubadour - think it was one of the stadium gigs.....I think. Houston? That could be a separate dispute right enough! 😂

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Don’t think that was Troubadour - think it was one of the stadium gigs.....I think. Houston? That could be a separate dispute right enough! 😂

Wasn't it Detroit? And it all went tits up cos GNR used a cheaper filming company to Troubadour 

Edited by dando

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Could well have been - something about choosing to use the stadium/promoter own facilities and it was something like 3 tv helicopters or something 😂.

I bet it was Beta/Fernando trying to go cheap on the filming 

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

6 minutes ago, dando said:

Wasn't it Detroit? And it all went tits up cos GNR used a cheaper filming company to Troubadour 

They filmed the Toronto and San Diego 2016 shows.

As far as I know, they could release the Troubadour footage if they want to. They own that footage. The company that filmed it did so on the condition they'd also get to film one of the stadium shows. That didn't happen and the company that filmed the Troubadour show got fucked over, but I'm pretty sure GNR stills owns that footage.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As far as I know, they could release the Troubadour footage if they want to. They own that footage. The company that filmed it did so on the condition they'd also get to film one of the stadium shows. That didn't happen and the company that filmed the Troubadour show got fucked over, but I'm pretty sure GNR stills owns that footage.

Ive had a Google and Detroit was definitely filmed as was Toronto too... Team Brazil claim all gigs are but there 2 were lined up for release... Rock in rio was crap for 90% of it, and that's out there, for god sake dont release that.. Rock in rio had always been shit audio

1 minute ago, dando said:

Ive had a Google and Detroit was definitely filmed as was Toronto too... Team Brazil claim all gigs are but there 2 were lined up for release... Rock in rio was crap for 90% of it, and that's out there, for god sake dont release that.. Rock in rio had always been shit audio

I think the Detroit show was filmed by Live Nation and was used for promo videos, but GNR hired other companies to film Toronto and San Diego for release. I could be wrong about that, though.

32 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This sounds about right. 👍

58 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the Detroit show was filmed by Live Nation and was used for promo videos, but GNR hired other companies to film Toronto and San Diego for release. I could be wrong about that, though.

It sounds right 

13 hours ago, dando said:

We all know download 18 was shot in full by Donnington themselves, just get the footage and release it 

Yes, I would love to see the full show.

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought the selects were a great idea but could care less if they released another one. All they do is showcase how bad Axl is and how mediocre this lineup is over all....  Mix in some selects from 87 - 93 please.... Or actually dig to find better performances from the last few years..

I agree.

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Was that show even that good? I have watched some and don't remember being very impressed.. I thought they were disappointing overall until they kicked off the Stadium tour and finally started to hit their stride...

I don't think so, Axl sounds pretty unprepared and Frank is all over the place. I remember seeing the cell phone videos from that night back then and being very disappointed that Matt/Steven weren't there. I knew at that point that I wasn't going to be 100% satisfied with the reunion and look where we are now.

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So they could release that show in full then.

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think so, Axl sounds pretty unprepared and Frank is all over the place. I remember seeing the cell phone videos from that night back then and being very disappointed that Matt/Steven weren't there. I knew at that point that I wasn't going to be 100% satisfied with the reunion and look where we are now.

You think so?

From the songs I've heard, in part or in full, Axl sounds pretty good. 

SCOM being the notable exception however, but I'll let it slide on account of the foot.

6 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

You think so?

SCOM being the notable exception however, but I'll let it slide on account of the foot.

Not really. Troubadour was still rough. I think the first night where he sounded "2016 like" was on the second Vegas show.

But still nowhere near his Detroit level. Remember he did AC/DC after the "warm-up shows" but before the NA leg. So Detroit was already rehearsed-Axl and you can notice it

7 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

You think so?

I remember cell phone video of the first few songs came out and to me he sounded kind of rough. Definitely not what I expected.

23 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Not really. Troubadour was still rough. I think the first night where he sounded "2016 like" was on the second Vegas show.

But still nowhere near his Detroit level. Remember he did AC/DC after the "warm-up shows" but before the NA leg. So Detroit was already rehearsed-Axl and you can notice it

Yes 

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'd say Axl sounded pretty good from the little I've heard. There were the usual weaker songs in the set ofc, but the highlights shine.

Sadly without any release of the footage there's very little to go off of.

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah, that was all very anti climatic for me.. I was absolutely in cloud 9 when the rumors about the reunion started coming true. I was literally like a kid on Christmas Eve for weeks or even months.. All the way until they started releasing pictures the day of that Troubador show.  I saw the second keyboard setup for Smurfette.. There was no Izzy, Steven, Matt or even Gilby... It was apparent Axl didn't take it seriously enough to improve his voice or image.. The clips I heard were kind of weak.. I lost excitement for the Vegas show I had tickets to. The show was a great time and I rocked out with my cock out for 3 hours but it was painfully obvious that reunion wasn't going to be what it could have been. The actually performance itself wasn't very impressive.. Axl's shortcomings were obvious and the band never really hit their stride until that Detroit show.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, valengf said:

Fuck the Troubadour show. Give me the Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle w/ Steven Tyler pro shots 

Not sure what the Steven Tyler pro shots mean but pro shots with Steven would be fucking gold!!!! Preferably from the Cincinnati show...

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The what? :P

Adler*

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not sure what the Steven Tyler pro shots mean but pro shots with Steven would be fucking gold!!!! Preferably from the Cincinnati show...

Yeah I meant the two songs Steven Adler went up onstage to play with Guns. In Full HD, Soundboard, Pro shots. All that goodie 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, valengf said:

Adler*

Yeah I meant the two songs Steven Adler went up onstage to play with Guns. In Full HD, Soundboard, Pro shots. All that goodie 

ahhh.. gotcha.. That would be amazing.. For that fact it will never happen... Out Ta Get Me was consonantly a song that this band kicked ass at and Axl sounded great on for quite awhile... Until right about the time when they rested it.. Axl kind of struggled the last few times they played it. And for that fact, if they do "Select" it, they will probably pick one of the very few performances that Axl struggled..