NITL live videos on youtube

3 minutes ago, dando said:

Download wasn't torture, I think the best thing would be to shorten the set, something like 20 tracks or so, all to suit Axl's voice, if that means leaving out tou could be mine & sweet child then so be it.. Do what suits him, and Aerosmith... Yes tyler is still very good 

Hey, don't go easy on him! He called it 'torture'! Surely he deserves the full "complaints, complaints, moaning, pathetic, why are you here" treatment, no? All I did was point out that myself and many others on here didn't think it was very good! 

AND he said he'd rather go and see Nickelback! Get stuck in!!!!

Edited by allwaystired

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

With all due respect the "moaning for the sake of moaning" gets trotted out on here any time any fan makes any comment. 

It is just disappointed fans who love the band and want better.  Most people here are emotionally invested in the band and have been for a long time. It just sucks to see what they have become. The reunion was fun for a minute but in reality there isn't much left to praise them for.. The only reason I am barely hanging on here still is because Slash is still involved. I could care less if they disbanded tomorrow though.  From the minute this reunion started I said Axl would need to be really good to keep trotting around with this lineup.. In 2016 he was good enough but there wasn't much wiggle room. He just isn't good enough any more... Then you throw in the over priced tickets, crappy management, the lack of anything to keep anyone interested.. The Appetite Box Set was a good idea but overall it was overpriced and over rated.. Over 4 years into it and they finally release some crappy youtube videos..  They could have released a kick ass Blu Ray to help people buy into this lineup. They could have showcased the excitement of the reunion with cool footage from all over the world. Actually took time to find the best performances of every song.  For songs Axl struggles on they could compensate by picking performances from places like South America and Mexico to showcase the insane energy of the fans...  Instead they will pick some single show at was filmed and they have to put in the least amount of effort.. It would also most likely be some US show with a lame ass crowd too. 

52 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Just listened to above.  Please tell me this is a one off, if not then I just feel sad and frustrated.  Why does Axl carry on if he has lost it or maybe he just doesnt care.  Such a different attitude to the young Axl who, I am sure, would hate this voice.  Sad.

Axl carries on because many thousands of fans all over the world have enjoyed the shows immensely 🙄 Thank god the internet doesn't decide on who can do a show. There would be no one left!

He's not 27 and he's not Steven Tyler. If people can't accept that, it's their own problem, it's not Axl's and it's not the fans who still enjoy shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Axl carries on because many thousands of fans all over the world have enjoyed the shows immensely 🙄 Thank god the internet doesn't decide on who can do a show. There would be no one left!

People were there for the initial excitement of the reunion. Did you see the ticket sales for the tour they were supposed to have this summer? They hardly sold 1/4 of the tickets in some venues and that was with scalpers.. This lineup along with Axl in his current condition isn't good enough to play the big venues at the prices they were charging any more.  

1 minute ago, Lio said:

He's not 27 and he's not Steven Tyler. If people can't accept that, it's their own problem, it's not Axl's and it's not the fans who still enjoy shows.

Yep. As I mentioned above, there's a big difference between going along and enjoying a show, and that show being any good when watched/listened to not in the moment. I think at this stage it's all about 'being in the moment'. Which is absolutely fine. Just go and enjoy the shows. But on the flipside it's madness to say a lot of the shows now are great. 

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is just disappointed fans who love the band and want better.  Most people here are emotionally invested in the band and have been for a long time. It just sucks to see what they have become. The reunion was fun for a minute but in reality there isn't much left to praise them for.. The only reason I am barely hanging on here still is because Slash is still involved. I could care less if they disbanded tomorrow though.  From the minute this reunion started I said Axl would need to be really good to keep trotting around with this lineup.. In 2016 he was good enough but there wasn't much wiggle room. He just isn't good enough any more... Then you throw in the over priced tickets, crappy management, the lack of anything to keep anyone interested.. The Appetite Box Set was a good idea but overall it was overpriced and over rated.. Over 4 years into it and they finally release some crappy youtube videos..  They could have released a kick ass Blu Ray to help people buy into this lineup. They could have showcased the excitement of the reunion with cool footage from all over the world. Actually took time to find the best performances of every song.  For songs Axl struggles on they could compensate by picking performances from places like South America and Mexico to showcase the insane energy of the fans...  Instead they will pick some single show at was filmed and they have to put in the least amount of effort.. It would also most likely be some US show with a lame ass crowd too. 

Yeah, I think things are done now totally. Unless there's some sort of forward movement via new material of course, which could enervate and revive them massively. 

Just now, Creed said:

I'm not a Nickelback fan. But i would enjoy them more than GnR since 2007. Axl/DC had some great moments. Totally different Axl.

Haha! Ok, ok! 

Oh, the AC/DC thing was absolutely a totally different Axl. If you do a compare and contrast it's pretty astonishing really. I put it down to him having something to prove I think. 

Tbh I think if people like the clean voice they don't really mind these videos, but I get that some people hate anything clean voice related.

Sure Rock in Rio was a rough gig for Axl, don't even think the mix was that bad considering it was a festival, but I've heard worse (even from the same festival). Axl still delivers a lengthy show of decent vocals well into his 50.

Tbh I'd be happy to see Nickleback, they've a good number of hits.

As for Steven Tyler he still sounds great into old age, but that's a rarity for hard rock singers. Go listen to David Lee Roth from Vegas this year. Axl still sits at the higher end of the spectrum even when going full mickey. 

I'd also bring up that Aerosmith perform way shorter sets and Tyler has the audience/backing singer sing a decent chunk. But I do agree trimming the set and making the performance tighter overall would be a good idea. Tbh most act struggle to maintain momentum past the 2hr mark.

Tbh I think that this break from touring will do Axl a world of good. His voice has been tired out by huge scale tours. His management should be looking after his health and booking tours with more rest between dates.

I disagree with you on Download and Rio, think they sound fine, but as I said above think this comes down to preference on the clean vocals.

1 hour ago, dando said:

House Of Blues 01 is a breathtakingly life changing concert. God bless Pitman and PHT 

Fixed.

In all seriousness, Rio 2017 sounded horrendous - then when I heard the bootleg that got out earlier this year with a proper mix, I changed my tune. Sure, it's not the best, but on par with the Apollo show - which is solid IMO.

2012/14 I was convinced Axl had lost it, then AC/DC happened and he proved us all wrong. Granted some of the performances over the past few years have merited criticism, but I hope that with new material and an overhaul of the setlist, we may see him back to his best. 

Also, once they got into the swing of things in 2016, I'd rather listen to any of those performances than the vast majority of the 06/10 period, along with the UYI era too. Just my opinion

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I think things are done now totally. Unless there's some sort of forward movement via new material of course, which could enervate and revive them massively. 

That could help.. For me personally new music from this lineup doesn't excite me.. Not a fan of Frank, Fortus and Melissa.. Not really even a fan of Axl anymore and haven't been for a long ass time. He had some jaw dropping moments still in 2016 with AC/DC and Guns but that ship has sailed.. I did not like Chinese Democracy either so if his head space is still anywhere close to that as far as musical direction goes I am all set.. He is just so far removed from the talent he once was.. 

If they release something, I will listen for sure.. It will be a pleasant surprise if it is good but I wouldn't put my money on it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

That could help.. For me personally new music from this lineup doesn't excite me.. Not a fan of Frank, Fortus and Melissa.. Not really even a fan of Axl anymore and haven't been for a long ass time. He had some jaw dropping moments still in 2016 with AC/DC and Guns but that ship has sailed.. I did not like Chinese Democracy either so if his head space is still anywhere close to that as far as musical direction goes I am all set.. He is just so far removed from the talent he once was.. 

If they release something, I will listen for sure.. It will be a pleasant surprise if it is good but I wouldn't put my money on it. 

New music is all I want really. I'd take them never playing live again if it meant we could get something, anything, new. I feel at the moment it's just a slog. 

I think in the studio he could still do it, for sure. He can still do it at gigs too, and sometimes does.....but with these endless, draining tours they do, self-preservation probably does have to a be consideration. 

10 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbh I think if people like the clean voice they don't really mind these videos, but I get that some people hate anything clean voice related.

Sure Rock in Rio was a rough gig for Axl, don't even think the mix was that bad considering it was a festival, but I've heard worse (even from the same festival). Axl still delivers a lengthy show of decent vocals well into his 50.

Tbh I'd be happy to see Nickleback, they've a good number of hits.

As for Steven Tyler he still sounds great into old age, but that's a rarity for hard rock singers. Go listen to David Lee Roth from Vegas this year. Axl still sits at the higher end of the spectrum even when going full mickey. 

I'd also bring up that Aerosmith perform way shorter sets and Tyler has the audience/backing singer sing a decent chunk. But I do agree trimming the set and making the performance tighter overall would be a good idea. Tbh most act struggle to maintain momentum past the 2hr mark.

Tbh I think that this break from touring will do Axl a world of good. His voice has been tired out by huge scale tours. His management should be looking after his health and booking tours with more rest between dates.

I disagree with you on Download and Rio, think they sound fine, but as I said above think this comes down to preference on the clean vocals.

Yes Tyler uses backing singers but so does Axl with Melissa & Duff in parts, Aerosmith sets are like over an hour shorter than Guns, but Guns could cut down to 20 or so and put on a good gig, i think its all down to how arsed they can be and attitude tbh

17 minutes ago, dando said:

Download wasn't torture, I think the best thing would be to shorten the set, something like 20 tracks or so, all to suit Axl's voice, if that means leaving out tou could be mine & sweet child then so be it.. Do what suits him, and Aerosmith... Yes tyler is still very good 

I agree with shortening the set. Would never agree with removing YCBM or SCOM just that Axl should use a different vocal delivery on them (there is no reason he can't sing SCOM in the Wichita Lineman voice).

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is just disappointed fans who love the band and want better.  Most people here are emotionally invested in the band and have been for a long time.

Agreed, although the line certainly blurs with some individuals. I see this on every fan forum for performers. The ones that care the most are the most critical.

I think your view of the band fits a more pessimistic outlook. There's lots to keep people interested in the band. The fact we're finally getting YouTube videos is amazing progress, Blu-Rays are just outdated by now.

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Don't think that claim really holds any water. GNR are probably in a better situation social media wise than ever due to them finally releasing stuff and hopefully they'll get back on the road in 2021 (possibly with Hardschool in the setlist). 

And new material would be nice but I doubt it'd set the world on fire.

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I agree with shortening the set. Would never agree with removing YCBM or SCOM just that Axl should use a different vocal delivery on them (there is no reason he can't sing SCOM in the Wichita Lineman voice).

Agreed, although the line certainly blurs with some individuals. I see this on every fan forum for performers. The ones that care the most are the most critical.

I think your view of the band fits a more pessimistic outlook. There's lots to keep people interested in the band. The fact we're finally getting YouTube videos is amazing progress, Blu-Rays are just outdated by now.

Don't think that claim really holds any water. GNR are probably in a better situation social media wise than ever due to them finally releasing stuff and hopefully they'll get back on the road in 2021 (possibly with Hardschool in the setlist). 

And new material would be nice but I doubt it'd set the world on fire.

And why would anyone care what the "social media situation" they are in is? 

What is there to keep people interested in this band? Genuine question. Unless you fancy seeing the same show you've seen before, or watching one of the two crappy youtube videos they've put up, there's nothing. As evidenced by the sort of debates that go on on the forums really! 

It's new material or bust, whether it "sets the world on fire" or not. 

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

And why would anyone care what the "social media situation" they are in is? 

Because that's how they keep visible with their fans? 

Imo they should be doing a much bigger push with their social media but I won't hold my breath.

What is there to keep people interested in this band? Genuine question. Unless you fancy seeing the same show you've seen before, or watching one of the two crappy youtube videos they've put up, there's nothing. 

It's new material or bust, whether it "sets the world on fire" or not. 

The fact they're finally putting out live performance video represents massive improvement. Will be nice to tide over until people get back out on the road then we can see the new songs they rehearsed for tour.

New material will be nice when it finally arrives but it'll fill the same role as it does for every legacy act. Free promotion for the associated tour, couple of singles in the setlist, pee break for most people at the gig.

And I say this as someone that'll go to bat for every song on CD.

Open the set with YCBM then, a freah out of the box Axl could nail it, save Estranged & Scom for the Encore? Two more weaker ones.. An Encore of Patience, Estranged (should have always been in the encore) sweet child and PC... They could always try it?  I wouldn't be disappointed if i went and they didn't play Sweet child 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Because that's how they keep visible with their fans? 

Imo they should be doing a much bigger push with their social media but I won't hold my breath.

The fact they're finally putting out live performance video represents massive improvement. Will be nice to tide over until people get back out on the road then we can see the new songs they rehearsed for tour.

New material will be nice when it finally arrives but it'll fill the same role as it does for every legacy act. Free promotion for the associated tour, couple of singles in the setlist, pee break for most people at the gig.

And I say this as someone that'll go to bat for every song on CD.

But who cares if they're 'visible' if they're not really doing anything other than sending out messages trying to sell t-shirts? 

Other than seeing the same show again - there really is nothing to keep people interested.

The only reason people keep coming here and staying even remotely engaged is that new material might appear. That really is it. It's why they keep teasing it all the time, because they know that's it. 

And if they don't deliver it when they start touring again, the backlash will be massive. Don't forget we've been told that the only reason we're not hearing it is because of Covid 19......

I've said it many times and I'll repeat it...it's not in order to defend Axl BUT Steven sings with his speaking voice...of course he will preserve his singing chops much easier than a guy like Axl who sort of makes up his traditional singing style...I'm not an expert but I think that's pretty obvious...you can't compare the singing styles.

Axl's natural voice is also well preserved, but his singing trademark isnt his natural tone...its mainly the other one, that "raspy", "venom" voice we love...and yes, its pretty much gone.

But you can't pretend that Steven sings in a similar way and that he has preserved his singing miracously...

All that said, I love Steven...he is a gifted SOAB

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dando said:

Open the set with YCBM then, a freah out of the box Axl could nail it, save Estranged & Scom for the Encore? Two more weaker ones.. An Encore of Patience, Estranged (should have always been in the encore) sweet child and PC... They could always try it?

I was thinking the other day about YCBM as an opener. Think it'd be good.

SCOM is ok where it is Axl just needs to change his approach. 

Agree Estranged would be a good Encore starter. Probably Estanged/Seeker/PC would work best.

4 minutes ago, dando said:

I wouldn't be disappointed if i went and they didn't play Sweet child 

However 99% of the crowd would. Like it or not it's pretty much essential in the setlist.

But who cares if they're 'visible' if they're not really doing anything other than sending out messages trying to sell t-shirts? 

Other than seeing the same show again - there really is nothing to keep people interested.

The only reason people keep coming here and staying even remotely engaged is that new material might appear. That really is it. It's why they keep teasing it all the time, because they know that's it. 

And if they don't deliver it when they start touring again, the backlash will be massive. Don't forget we've been told that the only reason we're not hearing it is because of Covid 19......

Because one it represents an important part of a functioning band in 2020.

And two because them caring about engagement has led to them releasing the first 2 'gnr released' proshots since 2012. Big progress and a nice thing for the fans to enjoy.

I'm not going to criticise them for actually doing what people asked.

Have they teased anything? Not a far as I know. They've been asked in interviews about a potential next record but that's hardly their fault.

I don't think there's been any official statement about new material being delayed due to covid? Unless I missed it?

I don't think they have an album in a releasable state, maybe Hardschool as a single and that's why it was rehearsed. 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

I was thinking the other day about YCBM as an opener. Think it'd be good.

SCOM is ok where it is Axl just needs to change his approach. 

Agree Estranged would be a good Encore starter. Probably Estanged/Seeker/PC would work best.

However 99% of the crowd would. Like it or not it's pretty much essential in the setlist.

Because one it represents an important part of a functioning band in 2020.

And two because them caring about engagement has led to them releasing the first 2 'gnr released' proshots since 2012. Big progress and a nice thing for the fans to enjoy.

I'm not going to criticise them for actually doing what people asked.

Have they teased anything? Not a far as I know. They've been asked in interviews about a potential next record but that's hardly their fault.

I don't think there's been any official statement about new material being delayed due to covid? Unless I missed it?

I don't think they have an album in a releasable state, maybe Hardschool as a single and that's why it was rehearsed. 

Well, we did have Fernando telling us there would be an album "within 6 months" then, at a later point, telling us that the time wasn't right because of Covid. 

"“If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe. Because of everything thats happened and  how its unprecedented in our world and the priority of people worrying and being scared of the unknown took precedent. Its coming." 

So a lot of people took that as official yeah. 

Things aren't going to sit well if they don't do anything different now. 

It's not really a debate though is it? Without new material the band can't keep people interested forever. 

6 hours ago, dando said:

I'd rather be deaf & blind than go see Nickelback, i agree with some of your points... Axl isn't the man he was but hes doing what he can.... Its the amateur management that's holding a big band back 

That's it mate, the amateur management. Maybe we get something today, but our opinions will not change. The TB "movements" in the music industry are so bad.

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, we did have Fernando telling us there would be an album "within 6 months" then, at a later point, telling us that the time wasn't right because of Covid. 

"“If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe. Because of everything thats happened and  how its unprecedented in our world and the priority of people worrying and being scared of the unknown took precedent. Its coming." 

So a lot of people took that as official yeah. 

Things aren't going to sit well if they don't do anything different now. 

It's not really a debate though is it? Without new material the band can't keep people interested forever. 

I think this was a case of people seeing what they wanted to see.

I'm pretty sure the 'new music' was performing Hardschool live.

But yeah not in any way an official statement.

The Stones manage just fine. Sure they shuffle out new tracks as parts of greatest hits packages but people don't pony up the cash to see them live because of Blue and Lonesome. Now releasing a Greatest Hits 2, that I could see GNR doing.

I have less complaints about this new "Select" video. At least it's way more honest than the previous one: proper pro-shot & Axl is shown as he is, physically & vocally with harder songs to perform.

It's beyond mediocre and I see a lot of people in the comments think the same. Maybe this will wake Axl up a bit.

And I couldn't agree more with the Steven Tyler comparison.

It's all in Axl's hands really. If he trains hard, I'm sure he can get back on top. Best way to get motivated is to face reality and hit it HARD!

16 minutes ago, D.. said:

I have less complaints about this new "Select" video. At least it's way more honest than the previous one: proper pro-shot & Axl is shown as he is, physically & vocally with harder songs to perform.

It's beyond mediocre and I see a lot of people in the comments think the same. Maybe this will wake Axl up a bit.

And I couldn't agree more with the Steven Tyler comparison.

It's all in Axl's hands really. If he trains hard, I'm sure he can get back on top. Best way to get motivated is to face reality and hit it HARD!

I guess this is the most disappointing bit for me.

Axl/DC was without a doubt the single greatest vocal performance I have ever witnessed in my life. Axl was in a moon-boot and only a few weeks after Vegas so not a huge change physically, but he KNEW he had to bring his A-game or get slaughtered and his performance was truly mind-blowing.

Edited by CAFC Nick
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think this was a case of people seeing what they wanted to see.

I'm pretty sure the 'new music' was performing Hardschool live.

But yeah not in any way an official statement.

The Stones manage just fine. Sure they shuffle out new tracks as parts of greatest hits packages but people don't pony up the cash to see them live because of Blue and Lonesome. Now releasing a Greatest Hits 2, that I could see GNR doing.

Comparing The Rolling Stones to GNR is madness. Just look at the back catalogue of The Rolling Stones for starters!

There's no way that a band with so few studio albums should release a second Greatest Hits! 

• Like 1