34 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Thing is, there is a select few gigs that sound so good that I'd be happy to see if it's only NITL.

Give us Albany, Toronto or NY 2002 and i'll never complain again!

However, there's about absolute zero possibility that they'd want to promote NuGNR now. If we're talking some 20 concerts released step by step - which is not gonna happen, I mean come on - then maybe one or two of them could be 2002 at some point. But the first gigs (especially if they're gonna be just a few) logically have to be either NITL (I'm betting on a 90% chance) or old Guns. And I don't think it needs any explanation. 

Yes, I would like to have one proper 2002 pro-shot, but... don't see that happening - not from the official sources anyway. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

53 minutes ago, Rayno said:

I was under impression we are all experienced enough not to expect full shows. But not to expect even full SONGS... Well, it speaks volumes. This is where we are now. Looking forward to the clips.

That would be crazy if week 1 we got a 30 second clip of Sweet Child. 

'Enjoy Fam, we hope to have 45 seconds next week! We're working on it' 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

I will not be surprised when that is exactly what happens.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rayno said:

I was under impression we are all experienced enough not to expect full shows. But not to expect even full SONGS... Well, it speaks volumes. This is where we are now. Looking forward to the clips.

Honestly, i couldn't care less any more. Who really wants to watch the same performances we have seen before? Sure, it will be in a higher quality, but who actually, really, cares? The shit we're going to get won't even be as good as what other bands are doing (releasing new music or giving out whole shows for free).

• Like 1

I wouldn't even put money on anything happening. 'Believe it when I see it' has to be the stance for any GNR fan now. 

Ironically they keep also doing things I don't believe, even though I've seen them! 

Gee you’re being a bit generous there mate, thinking they’d say “next week”! Id expect them to say soon if anything 😉

23 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Gee you’re being a bit generous there mate, thinking they’d say “next week”! Id expect them to say soon if anything 😉

I have faith that Team Brazil can deliver 90 seconds of footage over a 2 week period. Call me a Dreamer 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I spoke directly with Fernando.

He had to order a disc drive for his Macbook Air in order to rip the Tokyo DVDs for upload to YouTube. He hadn't considered the technological inferiority of his device when he made the promise of video footage and will be speaking directly with Apple on the matter.

He is looking very seriously into the matter.

you can't copy the official Tokyo DVDs on your harddrive.. They are copyprotected. You need special software to copy a protected DVD. I don't think Ferndando can handle this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Don't worry, after breaking 3 laserdisc's while trying to jam them into a dvd-drive, Fernando has finally got it figured out. He has assured me that the VHS tapes will be digitized any day now.

Nice picture. Fernando stiffin the VHS tape into his macbook...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

However, there's about absolute zero possibility that they'd want to promote NuGNR now. If we're talking some 20 concerts released step by step - which is not gonna happen, I mean come on - then maybe one or two of them could be 2002 at some point. But the first gigs (especially if they're gonna be just a few) logically have to be either NITL (I'm betting on a 90% chance) or old Guns. And I don't think it needs any explanation. 

Yes, I would like to have one proper 2002 pro-shot, but... don't see that happening - not from the official sources anyway. 

I'm under no impression that releasing something from that era is even a possibility, just day dreaming I suppose.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm under no impression that releasing something from that era is even a possibility, just day dreaming I suppose.

If they ever do release full concerts from the vault and decide to cover every era of the band, the late 2001 shows from The Joint are what I'd want to see the most. We've seen or heard at least part of almost every 2002 show, but those Joint 2001 shows (especially the 2nd one) would be the most interesting IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

I spoke directly with Fernando.

He had to order a disc drive for his Macbook Air in order to rip the Tokyo DVDs for upload to YouTube. He hadn't considered the technological inferiority of his device when he made the promise of video footage and will be speaking directly with Apple on the matter.

He is looking very seriously into the matter.

I think you're being trolled, my friend.

I spoke directly with Fernando, and sparing no expense, has been editing and cutting the concerts by hand. Should be done by 2032...

sergei-eisenstein-1.jpg?itok=Bbzox4zW

• Haha 2

My guess is Jungle from Troubadour as the first release. Maybe some backstage clips (in black and white, obviously).  If they were to release more clips, I guess it would be Easy, SCOM, November Rain. The usual stuff we get, but I wouldn’t bother if it is in 4K and with some nice angles and editing

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

God damn, this fucking band is BORING.  I swear to God, @Fernando could not tie his own shoes with gun pointed to his fat head.  Unfuckingbelievable...

What did you expect? The whole team was just touring. Nando himself was busy printing GnR logos on toy trucks and yoyos. Nothing will change, because there is no professional marketing team behind them. 

Its idiotic to think that sth will change. We are waiting for old video stuff since 1994 at least. NuGnR stuff expect for 2001 and Hammerstein 2006 is useless.

15 minutes ago, Creed said:

What did you expect? The whole team was just touring. Nando himself was busy printing GnR logos on toy trucks and yoyos. Nothing will change, because there is no professional marketing team behind them. 

Its idiotic to think that sth will change. We are waiting for old video stuff since 1994 at least. NuGnR stuff expect for 2001 and Hammerstein 2006 is useless.

I’d say children’s books, toy trucks and yo-yos tells more of the extent of management’s influence and their true role here. The feuds over synch licensing, releasing material, etc comes from someone else and has spanned multiple managers 

I would be pleasantly shocked if anything from previous eras were made available. 

Lmao that link goes to a YouTube playlist of what they played at Hammerstein 2006.

This band is beyond a fucking joke. Meanwhile, Radiohead and Springsteen are actually releasing concerts.

4 minutes ago, History2010 said:

What the fuck is this?

That is honestly a hilarious level of trolling. Thanks again, Team Brazil :lol:

• Like 1