NITL live videos on youtube

Did anyone really spend their money on this band under the assumption that it's going towards some pro-shot footage that's going to be released during the pandemic that's 10, 15, 30 years away?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but just seems so entitled to expect something else for free other than the albums/tickets you've paid for. What Metallica or Foo Fighters, or whoever, are doing is above and beyond, not the standard expectation.

Granted, it gives us an idea of what is possible for an artist to do, and may make us envious, but its not a given that we should expect. The only reason a band would put something out for free is to be 'nice', no one deserves anything other than what they've paid for. 

For clarity, I would looove this band to take the 'nice' route, but I just don't expect them to when i buy their albums - I simply expect the album.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Did anyone really spend their money on this band under the assumption that it's going towards some pro-shot footage that's going to be released during the pandemic that's 10, 15, 30 years away?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but just seems so entitled to expect something else for free other than the albums/tickets you've paid for. What Metallica or Foo Fighters, or whoever, are doing is above and beyond, not the standard expectation.

Granted, it gives us an idea of what is possible for an artist to do, and may make us envious, but its not a given that we should expect. The only reason a band would put something out for free is to be 'nice', no one deserves anything other than what they've paid for. 

For clarity, I would looove this band to take the 'nice' route, but I just don't expect them to when i buy their albums - I simply expect the album.

I don't think people mind too much about whether it's 'free' or not. Speaking for myself, I certainly don't- I'm a firm believer that music should be paid for......but the issue is that there never is anything to pay for, other than overpriced tat. 

I doubt there's many people who post here who wouldn't happily spend 10 dollars/euros whatever on, say, The Ritz show in a quality, well packaged official release. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I dont know what the big deal is? This may not even be affiliated with the live footage it was simply an on this day post. I think they’re still working on live clips 

Bad timing, that’s it. They know we’re expecting something and the first thing that comes to their mind is ‘hey lets remember the fans that GNR played an awesome gig 14 years ago while they keep waiting for something’

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I dont know what the big deal is? This may not even be affiliated with the live footage it was simply an on this day post. I think they’re still working on live clips 

For me it just is odd, like why not post photos of the gig and a picture of the setlist?  Lol linking to a youtube page with "Hammerstein Ballroom!  Here is a youtube link" only to have it be all songs we have heard a million times on our own time, seems like like, well why?

It would be like if someone here said "leaks here in this thread!", and we click on it only to find someone asking about home repair kit for a leaky faucet

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The more I think about it, the more I don't think this is deliberate trolling. 

I just don't think there's any chance we're going to hear anything 'new' again now. By 'new' I include old live material as well as studio recordings. I really thi k the ladder has been pulled up on that one far far more than we think, and that it may be well out of Fernando's hands. 

I think he is probably trying to put a positive spin on things, but things are much more done than anyone is letting on, or we even think. There's absolutely zero coming, and people are trying to put a sticking plaster over this broken bone to keep the ship afloat. 

If this is all that could be managed at this point, then there's nowhere left to go or hide. 

I think Fernando perhaps tried with this one, maybe a lot harder than we imagine, but ultimately can't manage it. 

Is very strange that just now put an "Nu-GNR" clip, is the first time from GNR reunion. For it i feel is high trolling, Fernando or Axl.

For what it’s worth, on my lunch break I checked Facebook, and there was a pic of Axl at philly spectrum 91’ and it said “ happy to give you this whole concert during this event” I went to here to verify it and went back and it is gone ? So who knows what’s going on ( it was definitely from Gnr, officially .

If you follow Gnr on Facebook you get stuff they are releasing to everyone first( only happened a couple of times but I was messaged about SOYL one day before rest of country heard it on radio, they don’t release shit so I only have that one release to base it on

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think people mind too much about whether it's 'free' or not. Speaking for myself, I certainly don't- I'm a firm believer that music should be paid for......but the issue is that there never is anything to pay for, other than overpriced tat. 

I doubt there's many people who post here who wouldn't happily spend 10 dollars/euros whatever on, say, The Ritz show in a quality, well packaged official release. 

Oh absolutely agreed! I was speaking specifically about people who think that because they dedicated hours and dollars to this band that they are entitled to more output than they've already paid for, free or otherwise.

It would be awesome to have something new to buy, and I'd be first in line, but it's not an issue (to me) that there isn't - I don't feel I'm owed an album or a taped gig whether its free or not.  

I completely understand the deflation we all feel being starved of content, but to have an 'issue' with it I just can't understand. I can understand being like "New music would be cool, wish they would hurry up" but to see people being like FUCK THIS BAND is bizarre to me.

I would looove a new GTA game, but if Rockstar never put out a new one again I just wouldn't really mind ya know, like it just wouldn't affect my emotions.

• GNFNR 2

24 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Oh absolutely agreed! I was speaking specifically about people who think that because they dedicated hours and dollars to this band that they are entitled to more output than they've already paid for, free or otherwise.

It would be awesome to have something new to buy, and I'd be first in line, but it's not an issue (to me) that there isn't - I don't feel I'm owed an album or a taped gig whether its free or not.  

I completely understand the deflation we all feel being starved of content, but to have an 'issue' with it I just can't understand. I can understand being like "New music would be cool, wish they would hurry up" but to see people being like FUCK THIS BAND is bizarre to me.

I would looove a new GTA game, but if Rockstar never put out a new one again I just wouldn't really mind ya know, like it just wouldn't affect my emotions.

You’re right mate. FUCK Rockstar too :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Bad timing, that’s it. They know we’re expecting something and the first thing that comes to their mind is ‘hey lets remember the fans that GNR played an awesome gig 14 years ago while they keep waiting for something’

This is it. TB are tone deaf and don't consider the wider context of things. Like that time a scheduled post about 'being ready for guns' (or something) went up the same day as the Orlando nightclub shooting. Like that time they called for people to send them live footage while at the same time removing fan footage off the internet. Like that time they said they would upload live shots and then refer people to an existing playlist (which was probably scheduled and again forgotten about).

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2