Why do they even bother with something that lame?  It’s embarrassing and unprofessional 

What the actual shit. I'm so confused.. if they release that show, which they totally won't, it's a good tease. But, knowing that theyre not going to, is somebody snorting glue at GN'R? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Is Fernando trolling or is Mr. :axl: trolling❓ it is the question.....❓

The more I think about it, the more I don't think this is deliberate trolling. 

I just don't think there's any chance we're going to hear anything 'new' again now. By 'new' I include old live material as well as studio recordings. I really thi k the ladder has been pulled up on that one far far more than we think, and that it may be well out of Fernando's hands. 

I think he is probably trying to put a positive spin on things, but things are much more done than anyone is letting on, or we even think. There's absolutely zero coming, and people are trying to put a sticking plaster over this broken bone to keep the ship afloat. 

If this is all that could be managed at this point, then there's nowhere left to go or hide. 

I think Fernando perhaps tried with this one, maybe a lot harder than we imagine, but ultimately can't manage it. 

Edited by allwaystired

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I just don't think there's any chance we're going to hear anything 'new' again now. By 'new' I include old live material as well as studio recordings. I really thi k the ladder has been pulled up on that one far far more than we think, and that it may be well out of Fernando's hands. 

I think he is probably trying to put a positive spin on things, but things are much more done than anyone is letting on, or we even think. There's absolutely zero coming, and people are trying to put a sticking plaster over this broken bone to keep the ship afloat. 

If this is all that could be managed at this point, then there's nowhere left to go or hide. 

I think Fernando perhaps tried with this one, maybe a lot harder than we imagine, but ultimately it's out of his hands. 

Do you mean like him trying to fix all the fu*k ups this band has done over the years? Or some bs behind the scenes or what?

It’s just disappointing. We’ve all spent a lot of dollars/euros/pounds and time on this band, many of us during our most formidable and formative moments in life. That’s why we love music, right?  Just disappointing since GnR was always special to me. 

Guess Noel said it best - don’t put your life in the hands of a rock n roll band 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think Fernando perhaps tried with this one, maybe a lot harder than we imagine, but ultimately can't manage it. 

I think I'm going to give them more time to do something before reaching conclusions about all of it cause they're really incompetent and slow so even if somethings are in motion, it's not going to happen quickly and efficiently.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Do you mean like him trying to fix all the fu*k ups this band has done over the years? Or some bs behind the scenes or what?

I don't know- just speculating that perhaps people around the band are trying to put positive spins or make even slight progress with something that they can't. 

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think I'm going to give them more time to do something before reaching conclusions about all of it cause they're really incompetent and slow so even if somethings are in motion, it's not going to happen quickly and efficiently.

Yeah, fair enough. 

I fear this may be the most we get though now. As ever, keen to be proven wrong! 

Did anyone really spend their money on this band under the assumption that it's going towards some pro-shot footage that's going to be released during the pandemic that's 10, 15, 30 years away?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but just seems so entitled to expect something else for free other than the albums/tickets you've paid for. What Metallica or Foo Fighters, or whoever, are doing is above and beyond, not the standard expectation.

Granted, it gives us an idea of what is possible for an artist to do, and may make us envious, but its not a given that we should expect. The only reason a band would put something out for free is to be 'nice', no one deserves anything other than what they've paid for. 

For clarity, I would looove this band to take the 'nice' route, but I just don't expect them to when i buy their albums - I simply expect the album.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Did anyone really spend their money on this band under the assumption that it's going towards some pro-shot footage that's going to be released during the pandemic that's 10, 15, 30 years away?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but just seems so entitled to expect something else for free other than the albums/tickets you've paid for. What Metallica or Foo Fighters, or whoever, are doing is above and beyond, not the standard expectation.

Granted, it gives us an idea of what is possible for an artist to do, and may make us envious, but its not a given that we should expect. The only reason a band would put something out for free is to be 'nice', no one deserves anything other than what they've paid for. 

For clarity, I would looove this band to take the 'nice' route, but I just don't expect them to when i buy their albums - I simply expect the album.

I don't think people mind too much about whether it's 'free' or not. Speaking for myself, I certainly don't- I'm a firm believer that music should be paid for......but the issue is that there never is anything to pay for, other than overpriced tat. 

I doubt there's many people who post here who wouldn't happily spend 10 dollars/euros whatever on, say, The Ritz show in a quality, well packaged official release. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Maybe we shouldn’t blame Fernando. Maybe axl had to finally watch some of his recent live clips and realized putting that out for the world to see might actually affect future ticket sales. 

Edited by suckerpunched03

Wow... that’s an unbelievably shitty joke... between the kids book and this, I’m embarrassed to be a fan at this point. Fernando- you had to really try hard to make me feel this shitty toward GnR. Congratulations. 

• Like 3

I dont know what the big deal is? This may not even be affiliated with the live footage it was simply an on this day post. I think they’re still working on live clips 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I dont know what the big deal is? This may not even be affiliated with the live footage it was simply an on this day post. I think they’re still working on live clips 

Bad timing, that’s it. They know we’re expecting something and the first thing that comes to their mind is ‘hey lets remember the fans that GNR played an awesome gig 14 years ago while they keep waiting for something’

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Joraz said:

For me it just is odd, like why not post photos of the gig and a picture of the setlist?  Lol linking to a youtube page with "Hammerstein Ballroom!  Here is a youtube link" only to have it be all songs we have heard a million times on our own time, seems like like, well why?

It would be like if someone here said "leaks here in this thread!", and we click on it only to find someone asking about home repair kit for a leaky faucet

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Is very strange that just now put an "Nu-GNR" clip, is the first time from GNR reunion. For it i feel is high trolling, Fernando or Axl.

A fucking playlist. I know most of us figured a short clip or two at best, but this is next level trolling.

If they are going to stick with this OTD Playlist content, it’s gonna get pretty repetitive on some of these tours 

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, History2010 said:

What the fuck is this?

I want to thank GNR management for providing some serious laughs in this depressing time. 

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, on my lunch break I checked Facebook, and there was a pic of Axl at philly spectrum 91’ and it said “ happy to give you this whole concert during this event” I went to here to verify it and went back and it is gone ? So who knows what’s going on ( it was definitely from Gnr, officially .

If you follow Gnr on Facebook you get stuff they are releasing to everyone first( only happened a couple of times but I was messaged about SOYL one day before rest of country heard it on radio, they don’t release shit so I only have that one release to base it on

That’s ok, Because he’ll be happy with the ratio of people replying with their usual responses of heart and fire emojis and people quoting songs outnumbering those of us saying it’s shit.

• Like 1

I don't think this is related like they said that the Troubador should be first. And also I don't think we're going to see anything from 2001-2014 honestly. It wouldn't make much sense, as great as it would be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cready said:

My problem isn't with the band, it's with the management.

The band is allowing this sort of management go on though. I hold them just as responsible.