This is why I hope and expect for leaks. They don't deserve our money, they deserve our middle fingers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think people mind too much about whether it's 'free' or not. Speaking for myself, I certainly don't- I'm a firm believer that music should be paid for......but the issue is that there never is anything to pay for, other than overpriced tat. 

I doubt there's many people who post here who wouldn't happily spend 10 dollars/euros whatever on, say, The Ritz show in a quality, well packaged official release. 

Oh absolutely agreed! I was speaking specifically about people who think that because they dedicated hours and dollars to this band that they are entitled to more output than they've already paid for, free or otherwise.

It would be awesome to have something new to buy, and I'd be first in line, but it's not an issue (to me) that there isn't - I don't feel I'm owed an album or a taped gig whether its free or not.  

I completely understand the deflation we all feel being starved of content, but to have an 'issue' with it I just can't understand. I can understand being like "New music would be cool, wish they would hurry up" but to see people being like FUCK THIS BAND is bizarre to me.

I would looove a new GTA game, but if Rockstar never put out a new one again I just wouldn't really mind ya know, like it just wouldn't affect my emotions.

• GNFNR 2

24 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Oh absolutely agreed! I was speaking specifically about people who think that because they dedicated hours and dollars to this band that they are entitled to more output than they've already paid for, free or otherwise.

It would be awesome to have something new to buy, and I'd be first in line, but it's not an issue (to me) that there isn't - I don't feel I'm owed an album or a taped gig whether its free or not.  

I completely understand the deflation we all feel being starved of content, but to have an 'issue' with it I just can't understand. I can understand being like "New music would be cool, wish they would hurry up" but to see people being like FUCK THIS BAND is bizarre to me.

I would looove a new GTA game, but if Rockstar never put out a new one again I just wouldn't really mind ya know, like it just wouldn't affect my emotions.

You’re right mate. FUCK Rockstar too :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Bad timing, that’s it. They know we’re expecting something and the first thing that comes to their mind is ‘hey lets remember the fans that GNR played an awesome gig 14 years ago while they keep waiting for something’

This is it. TB are tone deaf and don't consider the wider context of things. Like that time a scheduled post about 'being ready for guns' (or something) went up the same day as the Orlando nightclub shooting. Like that time they called for people to send them live footage while at the same time removing fan footage off the internet. Like that time they said they would upload live shots and then refer people to an existing playlist (which was probably scheduled and again forgotten about).

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Amateur hour from idiot amateurs who don't deserve the job they have. Whatever

• Like 4

Now Prince estate have a 1985 concert being streamed Friday. Learn from every other artist/band @Fernando 

4 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Why do they even bother with something that lame?  It’s embarrassing and unprofessional 

I agree. Makes them look really stupid.

45 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yikes not a good move at all

Wow when even you start criticizing the management, things must be really bad :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Wow when even you start criticizing the management, things must be really bad :D

I know right!

I saw the tweet and I clicked on it but alas 😞

3 hours ago, tony adler said:

For what it’s worth, on my lunch break I checked Facebook, and there was a pic of Axl at philly spectrum 91’ and it said “ happy to give you this whole concert during this event” I went to here to verify it and went back and it is gone ? So who knows what’s going on ( it was definitely from Gnr, officially .

Dont fuck with that.

23 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I know right!

I saw the tweet and I clicked on it but alas 😞

Welcome to the desert of the real......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tony adler said:

For what it’s worth, on my lunch break I checked Facebook, and there was a pic of Axl at philly spectrum 91’ and it said “ happy to give you this whole concert during this event” I went to here to verify it and went back and it is gone ? So who knows what’s going on ( it was definitely from Gnr, officially .

Major trolling from the band! 😁

Posted (edited)

Good morning, everyone! So I couldn't wait to see what's new regarding our beloved band and the footage promised by the manager - and I wasn't disappointed! 

Since it was 30 years ago on April 7, I've heard it through the grapevine that the next one might be Farm Aid: 

(Spoiler alert)

1. Civil War (Use Your Illusion II)

2. Down on the Farm (The Spaghetti Incident)

Fingers crossed 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 3

I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed the GNR manager thinks trolling fans is the best he can do in his job. He’s right though, it is.

Posted (edited)

Well, this CAN'T be it, can it??

That's even worse than everything we came up with for fun.

Edit: Didn't he say "footage" though? Whatever, in this case nothing would have been better than this.

Edited by El Guapo

The threadtitle says "footage of concerts WE have played". As fernandont (i like this one 😂) clearly didn't play any concerts, this is what we get instead. "You wanted the best... hm, well"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cremefraiche said:

Did anyone really spend their money on this band under the assumption that it's going towards some pro-shot footage that's going to be released during the pandemic that's 10, 15, 30 years away?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but just seems so entitled to expect something else for free other than the albums/tickets you've paid for. What Metallica or Foo Fighters, or whoever, are doing is above and beyond, not the standard expectation.

Granted, it gives us an idea of what is possible for an artist to do, and may make us envious, but its not a given that we should expect. The only reason a band would put something out for free is to be 'nice', no one deserves anything other than what they've paid for. 

For clarity, I would looove this band to take the 'nice' route, but I just don't expect them to when i buy their albums - I simply expect the album.

The album? Which album?

10 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

The threadtitle says "footage of concerts WE have played". As fernandont (i like this one 😂) clearly didn't play any concerts, this is what we get instead. "You wanted the best... hm, well"

Aaah, you're right. Stupid me! Fernandont spoke the truth here! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Its like the walking dead. Each episode promises us something, but gets worse and worse as time goes on.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Or WCW in the early 2000’s

Edited by KeyserSoze
I fucked up my slelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's just a stupid and imature behavior. Congrats to Fernandon't. A 12 year old could do  your job better. 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they ever do release full concerts from the vault and decide to cover every era of the band, the late 2001 shows from The Joint are what I'd want to see the most. We've seen or heard at least part of almost every 2002 show, but those Joint 2001 shows (especially the 2nd one) would be the most interesting IMO.

I sometimes forget those happened. The pics were cool as fuck!

Nothing beats 'Live And Let Die' screams from Albany, though. For that reason alone a proshot from that night would be badass.