NITL live videos on youtube

9 hours ago, cremefraiche said:

Did anyone really spend their money on this band under the assumption that it's going towards some pro-shot footage that's going to be released during the pandemic that's 10, 15, 30 years away?

I'm as disappointed as the next guy but just seems so entitled to expect something else for free other than the albums/tickets you've paid for. What Metallica or Foo Fighters, or whoever, are doing is above and beyond, not the standard expectation.

Granted, it gives us an idea of what is possible for an artist to do, and may make us envious, but its not a given that we should expect. The only reason a band would put something out for free is to be 'nice', no one deserves anything other than what they've paid for. 

For clarity, I would looove this band to take the 'nice' route, but I just don't expect them to when i buy their albums - I simply expect the album.

You must be pretty naive to think that way.

We as fans like to think that we’ve spent lots of money on concert tickets and merch over the years, which all contribute to the wealthy lifestyles these guys all live, and it’d be nice if they acknowledged that from time to time by giving something back.

You can’t honestly defend these guys saying “they don’t owe us fans anything”. Of course they don’t, but it’d be nice of them to do stuff for their fans like so many other bands do. 

For a major act their size, their discography is tiny, including official live releases, and they at least owe it to themselves to change this as an artistic entity (though it’s more like a nostalgia cash cow now).

As for giving things away for free, so many of us here will happily BUY any new music from GN’R, whether it be old or new live shows or recordings, but here’s the catch... THEY HAVE TO FUCKING RELEASE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE for us to do so. 

I get sick of the “you guys are so entitled to ask your favourite band to give you more” because when it comes to the tiny crumbs that GN’R give their fans, it’s a load of shit. 

• Like 1

In my opinion it's sad. An adult, full grown man does such a mess? Does he laugh at himself now, in front of the PC? An adult man with a job? To get as far as him, he has to be a sad existence.

This is a very low level .. very low

9 hours ago, Joraz said:

I dont know what the big deal is? This may not even be affiliated with the live footage it was simply an on this day post. I think they’re still working on live clips 

This tbh.

Pretty weird to see people looking at this as some form of trolling (seems very chicken little).

We have no idea if this is in regards to the footage releases (doesn't make sense that it would be).

Just seems like a fun little aside (literally the most fan interaction in ages) and a cool idea, but they probably should've held fire until after they release some footage.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Just seems like a fun little aside (literally the most fan interaction in ages) and a cool idea, but they probably should've held fire until after they release some footage.

How the fuck is this a cool idea? Even if this is not related to the promised "live footage" - posting a YouTube playlist of a show that consists of studio songs and is not even complete is the lamest fucking thing ever.

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

This tbh.

Pretty weird to see people looking at this as some form of trolling (seems very chicken little).

We have no idea if this is in regards to the footage releases (doesn't make sense that it would be).

Yeah, they do an onthisday so often. Doens't interest me, but it would very much surprise me if this had anything to do with the live footage they're working on making available.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

How the fuck is this a cool idea? Even if this is not related to the promised "live footage" - posting a YouTube playlist of a show that consists of studio songs and is not even complete is the lamest fucking thing ever.

Beccause 

A) It's a little bit of fan pleasing effort from their social media team. (Even if it is pretty meh)

B) It's them actually acknowledging the CD era lineup (which is pretty cool)

Now would it be cooler if they started releasing clips from these shows, of course.

35 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

You must be pretty naive to think that way.

We as fans like to think that we’ve spent lots of money on concert tickets and merch over the years, which all contribute to the wealthy lifestyles these guys all live, and it’d be nice if they acknowledged that from time to time by giving something back.

You can’t honestly defend these guys saying “they don’t owe us fans anything”. Of course they don’t, but it’d be nice of them to do stuff for their fans like so many other bands do. 

For a major act their size, their discography is tiny, including official live releases, and they at least owe it to themselves to change this as an artistic entity (though it’s more like a nostalgia cash cow now).

As for giving things away for free, so many of us here will happily BUY any new music from GN’R, whether it be old or new live shows or recordings, but here’s the catch... THEY HAVE TO FUCKING RELEASE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE for us to do so. 

I get sick of the “you guys are so entitled to ask your favourite band to give you more” because when it comes to the tiny crumbs that GN’R give their fans, it’s a load of shit. 

No no, that was my point - I agree, too want something to buy of theirs. I also covered the fact that I was talking about all content - free or otherwise, and that I too would be first in line to buy any new releases, but I'm not mad about there being nothing to buy, I'll just enjoy what GNR I do have and spend the cash on something else I enjoy. If something comes up that would be amazing, if not - oh well. 

"Of course they don't" is my entire point, the only bands that do it, do it to be nice and go the extra mile, which is amazing. And i understand that it can be frustrating that 'our' band isn't among them.  I think though, that largely comes from how other bands tend to do things with/for their fans, it's easy to compare and get a little envious. But I just don't understand getting angry that they aren't choosing to go the extra mile for us, the whole spirit of that term is that it takes extra effort for someone at no benefit to themselves. 

Of course it would be cool if they did, but I can't fathom being mad at anyone for not giving me extra nuggets when I only ordered fries. It's awesome that FooBurger And TallicaBurger do it, but I've never gotten extra nuggets when I visit GNRDonalds so I'm not mad they didn't give me any, even though they could have just to be nice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Of course it would be cool if they did, but I can't fathom being mad at anyone for not giving me extra nuggets when I only ordered fries. It's awesome that FooBurger And TallicaBurger do it, but I've never gotten extra nuggets when I visit GNRDonalds so I'm not mad they didn't give me any, even though they could have just to be nice.

This is a very logical point, and I agree to an extent. 

I felt this exact sentiment pre-2016, before we knew about any sort of reunion or any of the mumblings we were getting about it.

The reunion came, and I thought we were stepping into an era that would rectify the past 20 years of the bands history. But over time, it has come to pass that besides Slash joining the band and shocking the world, and Duff becoming a permanent member, when you look at the grand scheme of things not much has changed with this band. 

Both TallicaBurger and FooBurger were able to reinvent themselves, change the menu, and cater to a wide cast of food critics. 

I don't think anyone is asking for 'extra nuggets', but more or less a larger variety of food to order. 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 4

And  if the sentiment to everything I just said is "well GNRDonalds has a world famous recipe that made them famous, why should they change it?" 

maybe its not the 'recipe', but the management that has led to the distaste of me even wanting to buy the food they already offer me. 

And with that being said, i'm done with the food puns.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's funny how all the "hot" topics these days are always super lame and contain basically nothing. :D

Well, we surely know where that's coming from. It's because GNR's publishing history of these days is super lame and contains basically nothing. :lol:

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I feel like bands like Squeeze have done more for their fans since 2008 than GNR have done for theirs 

I mean even Oasis have released more tracks since 2008 and they've been disbanded for over a decade.

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Regarding the "we": I don't think it is unusual that a band manager would refer to themself as part of the band in a more broader sense. Doesn't mean Fernando thinks he is actually playing in the band.

And great if this comes to fruition. Let's wait and see :)

Yeah. It is not. Often times the manager is regarded as an unofficial member. Especially in a case like GNR, where he is family.

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. It is not. Often times the manager is regarded as an unofficial member. Especially in a case like GNR, where he is family.

Pretty much. “We” is often referred to as the entire entity. Such as the crew that travels from show to show. It’s pretty commonly used by managers. Especially internally 

• Like 1

I realize this playlist nonsense is independent of the promised stuff (as in it doesn't imply that we won't get anything else), but surely Fernando/whoever can't be surprised at the backlash when this is the first YouTube related thing they've posted since. As usual I'm sure the fans will be blamed for being ungrateful, never pleased, etc... and some "third party" has gotten in the way of anything else.

Fernando could knock a vase over and instead of just accepting it as an accident he would blame the vase for not being structurally sound.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

The "we" thing can be debated for sure and I get both side of the argument. 

Having said that, if I made a list of The Top 100 Things Wrong With GN'R, Fernando saying "we" when referring to the band would be #100. 

• Like 1