NITL live videos on youtube

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The Wu-Flu was in full force back in December.

Sure the WHO didn't give it the green  light until this year but the signs were there for a long time.

Speaking of the devil.......

Yes, I'm sure that no-one bought tickets for the GNR American tour because they had a sneaking feeling that the world would go into total lockdown because of a pandemic many months later.

Weirdly it didn't stop the great American public buying tickets for the Motley Crue tour though.....

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

I don’t think Covid had much of an effect on sales. This is their 3rd/4th time hitting markets. There’s bound to be a dip of interest. Especially for what many perceive to be the same show 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Yes, I'm sure that no-one bought tickets for the GNR American tour because they had a sneaking feeling that the world would go into total lockdown because of a pandemic many years later.

Weirdly it didn't stop the great American public buying tickets for the Motley Crue tour though.....

Of course the virus had absolutely nothing to do with the awful GN'R ticket sales. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. 

We'll be without that users services for a few days anyway. Gave them a few days off to decide if they can post without attempting to play games of semantics and open trolling. 

• Like 2

How the fuck is this even a debate? :lol:

Ticket sales for the NA tour this summer were poor when they first went on sale. The pandemic wasn't really effecting this tour, or any other tour, at that point in time. To say otherwise is delusional. At the time, people claimed that the poor sales were due to "so many huge bands touring this summer". There's always excuses. :shrugs:

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How the fuck is this even a debate? :lol:

Ticket sales for the NA tour this summer were poor when they first went on sale. The pandemic wasn't really effecting this tour, or any other tour, at that point in time. To say otherwise is delusional. At the time, people claimed that the poor sales were due to "so many huge bands touring this summer". There's always excuses. :shrugs:

There’s always competition in each market. When you’ve already seen the show a few times, people tend to go with something they haven’t seen. 

I think it’s obvious that GNR/LN are trying to milk this thing in a stadium setting for as long as they can. Might be helpful if someone brought something new to the table

• Like 2

Just now, guitarpatch said:

There’s always competition in each market. When you’ve already seen the show a few times, people tend to go with something they haven’t seen. 

I think it’s obvious that GNR/LN are trying to milk this thing in a stadium setting for as long as they can. Might be helpful if someone brought something new to the table

Of course there's competition in each market, but my point was that the virus wasn't the reason the tickets were selling poorly.

Like a lot of other posters on here, I decided not to buy tickets when they first went on sale, because I've already seen the NITL show and tickets would've undoubtedly been cheaper as the shows got closer. Now, I'm really glad I waited :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Of course there's competition in each market, but my point was that the virus wasn't the reason the tickets were selling poorly.

Like a lot of other posters on here, I decided not to buy tickets when they first went on sale, because I've already seen the NITL show and tickets would've undoubtedly been cheaper as the shows got closer. Now, I'm really glad I waited :lol:

Same here. Especially at those prices. 2021 will have even more competition in the market. It’s going to be nuts for see how the industry/ticket market adjusts. Lots of variables 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Well i was very disappointed with the Hammerstein Tweet:wacko:. I hope I am wrong

I'm not even mad about the Hammerstein thing. I just seemed super odd to me is all. Having said that, I was at that show so if they released any official video or audio from it, I'd be in heaven. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not even mad about the Hammerstein thing. I just seemed super odd to me is all. Having said that, I was at that show so if they released any official video or audio from it, I'd be in heaven. 

Me too, mainly because I like all the GN'R incarnations, and plus Axl on TWAT is disgustingly good.. he's still got that Axl sound to him, can turn on the jets, and control that higher sounding voice very well. Man o man if only the reunion happened earlier 😭 think about Locomotive with that 2006-10 voice

• GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Of course the virus had absolutely nothing to do with the awful GN'R ticket sales. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. 

We'll be without that users services for a few days anyway. Gave them a few days off to decide if they can post without attempting to play games of semantics and open trolling. 

Is the band actually going with that narrative in regard to the piss poor ticket sales?? That would be hilarious, and utterly on-brand...

By 2017, they had already moved from stadiums to arenas, and THOSE dates struggled to sell out.  That was just a year into the reunion, and the buzz had already begun to die down.  It's wildly naive to think that the THIRD NITLT tour cycle in the states reverting BACK to stadiums would do anything but struggle.  

Edited by sofine11

11 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Is the band actually going with that narrative in regard to the piss poor ticket sales?? That would be hilarious, and utterly on-brand...

By 2017, they had already moved from stadiums to arenas, and THOSE dates struggled to sell out.  That was just a year into the reunion, and the buzz had already begun to die down.  It's wildly naive to think that the THIRD NITLT tour cycle in the states reverting BACK to stadiums would do anything but struggle.  

Wrong they were still selling out the Arenas. Hartford was sold out as was Foxboro

https://web.archive.org/web/20180103013504/https://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

41 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yes, I'm sure that no-one bought tickets for the GNR American tour because they had a sneaking feeling that the world would go into total lockdown because of a pandemic many months later.

Can you please stop with the endless accusing of posters to be an alt of another poster? I find it very annoying. Not everyone who disagrees with you is another poster. The 23 guy is clearly not Jarmo and I don't see any reason why guitarpatch would be some other user. Seriously.

If mods know it's an alt and he's doing stuff they don't accept or is against the rules, let them ban them. If they don't ban them and you still think they're someone else and you can't stand their posting, just ignore them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

As long as the same check clears and they make a mil per night in merch, I don’t think they care much about how full the stadiums look. Eventually LN cares and the venues and the band’s fee get smaller. We’ll see if it’s still worth everyone’s time and effort when the $ changes. 

17 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I sure as hell hope the band doesn't try to float that BS out there as fact haha. 

34 minutes ago, Lio said:

Can you please stop with the endless accusing of posters to be an alt of another poster? I find it very annoying. Not everyone who disagrees with you is another poster. The 23 guy is clearly not Jarmo and I don't see any reason why guitarpatch would be some other user. Seriously.

If mods know it's an alt and he's doing stuff they don't accept or is against the rules, let them ban them. If they don't ban them and you still think they're someone else and you can't stand their posting, just ignore them.

It's not 'endless' at all, but it's pretty transparent what's going on, as you can clearly see. They're even confusing their conversations at this point - which says all you need to know I think. 

The reason I've been 'accusing' (although I have actually been careful not to do this, so wouldn't call it such) is that it's very difficult for anyone on here to have a reasonable debate without the same three accounts deliberately and intentionally derailing it with nonsense and outright lies. It's the same old story, whichever forum you go to,and sadly probably the same people. I got sick of it, so decided to challenge them a bit, largely because the mannerisms, wordings, attitudes and behaviour are identical to that seen elsewhere.  

I wouldn't suggest for one second any of them is Jarmo - he has better things to do with his time, and isn't banned from every forum. I see no reason either why people would continue to create alt-accounts, but they do. It's gone on for years, and will presumably continue to go on. 

I apologise if you find it 'annoying' but when every user who dares to say anything critical of the band is leapt on by the same 'three' users, it's difficult not to want to challenge this in some way. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am watching Guns n Roses at Fenders Ballroom, Long Beach  1986 on Youtube...has it always been on there?

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Been on a while.....but is probably not going to be on there long now, sadly. 

Yeah, generally anything that gets pointed out anywhere but GN'R social media gets taken down immediately due to the trolls with nothing better to do. 

54 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I've still not thought of one sensible reason why that decision was made. It made no sense whatsoever, and I can't see why anyone would let it happen. 

But then I suppose people were booking them into Arenas in the 2010-12 era when they should have been in theatres, so these things DO happen! 

Edited by allwaystired

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, generally anything that gets pointed out anywhere but GN'R social media gets taken down immediately due to the trolls with nothing better to do. 

I didnt know this I shall refrain from pointing anything out....

• Like 1