NITL live videos on youtube

Even Bad Bunny (Reggaeton singer) released a new album some days ago. The songs of that album are ones which were recorded months ago but they didnt make it to his previous album, but he wanted to give some material to his fans during this quarantine. Just imagine if gnr did that!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What other band do you know that has said something like they did a week ago on social media and then made nothing of it? 

My only question is, if they're serious about this, the delay could be from actually manually scanning things like film. (I'm not going to assume that's what they're doing at all). But, if this isn't an old show, what's the delay?? Unless they have to get rights or something crazy, the only delay should be with manually scanning and uploading old film/tape, cuz god only knows they haven't been responsible and archived all their old shit

5 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

My only question is, if they're serious about this, the delay could be from actually manually scanning things like film. (I'm not going to assume that's what they're doing at all). But, if this isn't an old show, what's the delay?? Unless they have to get rights or something crazy, the only delay should be with manually scanning and uploading old film/tape, cuz god only knows they haven't been responsible and archived all their old shit

If it's a new show the video needs edited (and all that entails) plus the audio needs mixed.

So I understand a delay if that's what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I think if anything, they would try to re-promote and re-release videos they already released with 1992 and 2014’s videos being the top of the list.

if there are videos from the 91-93 years, they would probably all be on DAT VHS tape. the simple DIY solution to get that on a computer and a page like say, youtube or even facebook is to buy a USB digitizer (something I can buy on Amazon RIGHT NOW for $18) and convert the VHS to a digital file that can then be put on Youtube or wherever the fuck you want! 

the thing is, I dont think they would give us anything from 91-93. Every major band has at least re-released clips of videos they once sold as DVD’s or official clips they once used. 

its actually pretty confusing to me, because GNR posted a video of i think Nightrain from Chicago 1992 a couple of months back on their instagram page. What happened to that? 

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

If it's a new show the video needs edited (and all that entails) plus the audio needs mixed.

So I understand a delay if that's what they are doing.

Mixing for something that had already happened isn’t as hard as it seems. It can probably be done in a day or 2 given thats all that is being worked on. The problem with those sorts of things tend to lie on if the audio source is different from the video source and trying to match them up. 

In any case, I don’t understand why we still haven't seen any video from this show yet. In fact, I think Frank caught himself the other day on Brandos podcast when he was referencing the Troub show. He said something along the lines of “you can see it in the video.... i mean the clip? Yeah the clips of it” when talking about Axl breaking his leg

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mixing for something that had already happened isn’t as hard as it seems. It can probably be done in a day or 2 given thats all that is being worked on. The problem with those sorts of things tend to lie on if the audio source is different from the video source and trying to match them up. 

In any case, I don’t understand why we still haven't seen any video from this show yet. In fact, I think Frank caught himself the other day on Brandos podcast when he was referencing the Troub show. He said something along the lines of “you can see it in the video.... i mean the clip? Yeah the clips of it” when talking about Axl breaking his leg

Absolutely, at least a song would be ready if they'd given the raw footage and audio to a company (that was still open) by now.

But they've been very busy designing political t-shirts. Priorities. 

And yeah the Troubabdour show was clearly in a ready to release stage but got canned :')

Edited by GNR_RNR

6 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

lol bunch of lazy fuckers management/socialmedia team.

If they aren't  doing jackshit, let us do it. ill gladly  upload all the shows i have.

The social media manager is prob pulling their hair out over what they’re not allowed to do. They’ve prob had hundreds of ideas shot down. That direction all comes from management and the band (Axl).

Do they even have someone right now or is it just TB making posts?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

thats a good one, but I’v been comparing them on a music output basis. 

like: 
Charlie XCX just put out her SIXTH album since 2013 today.

Yea it's cool that artists are still releasing music... but she's honestly one of the worst 'artists' I've ever heard. She's unbelievably boring. I'm surprised someone on a GNR board would even mention her :lol:

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea it's cool that artists are still releasing music... but she's honestly one of the worst 'artists' I've ever heard. She's unbelievably boring. I'm surprised someone on a GNR board would even mention her :lol:

I mentioned her because shes relevant right now with the album release. I think people who tend to like classic music sometimes have a bias when it it comes to songwriting or work ethic. 

while in your opinion, she may be a terrible artist, at the end of the day the fact remains the same: she has put out 6 albums since 2013. she has sat down with people and written lyrics, had to listen and weed through music with her various producers, and created a vision on 6 different pieces of work in 7 years. 

And again, my question with even bringing her up: what has Axl Rose done in that time in regard to music? 

exactly. 

Edited by KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

i think i'd give my left nut to see Cornette do a shoot interview on the state of GNR is 2020 :lol:

the man might have a coronary before he even got to "Covid 45" t-shirt 

Haven't had a new album in over 11 fucking years and then you give us a playlist on youtube! Thank you fuck you bye 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, novemberparadise23 said:

Was hoping we would have a nice new live show by now... Long work week would be nice to cap it off on a Friday night with some drinks and a new show! But ”soon” is the word I guess Iol 

To be fair. There was some unforseen legal matter that came up.. oh wait the own the rights, well actually if Pepsi or Sprite could sponsor us it might work, then again Axl's been on a fresca kick as of late. Although, evidently Beta gave him sierra mist and that caused a 3 hour pout. But then Vanessa played with his bad apples which improved his mood slightly, then he had to tweet and that just took out any extra energy he had. Not to mention he had a bad dream about Slash and thought they were still fighting. So yeah in case anyone's wondering thus the hold up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Prince's estate did a live stream of a Prince show from 1985, with members of the Revolution online doing a Q+A beforehand, how hard could it be to air hell even the Tokyo '92 shows live on YT and have Slash and Duff do some Q+A questions?  Or a pro-shot in the vault that literally all they would have to do is click "upload" and there you go?

I know the fans are not "owed" anything, but seeing how many bands are working hard to provide some sort of content to help fans during this time, it is another notch in the "disappointment" count when it comes to missed opportunities so far

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3