NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The weird thing is I've always had the feeling Axl just doesn't get asked to do stuff or the offers of interviews just aren't presented to him. When he does them he's usually really good in them. 

Remember that back stage thing like 1 min long before a show in late 2010 where Dizzy says about having the same birthday as the guy at the hotel desk. Axl looked so cool and relaxed in that. And he was genuinely funny on Kimmels show in 2012 and in the 2016 interviews. 

I think team Brazil just don't show Axl anything and keep him out of the loop. 

If someone could find that 2010 clip that'd be great I haven't seen that in ages. 

I think it's half and half being honest. Yes axl has to take some blame for the mess it is but team Brazil have to also take a huge portion of the blame. In the end they will be and should be blamed for the mess on the band promotional side. They do not do what they should do and as a consequence axl rose and the band have suffered.

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The weird thing is I've always had the feeling Axl just doesn't get asked to do stuff or the offers of interviews just aren't presented to him. When he does them he's usually really good in them. 

I hadn't really thought of it like that. I could perhaps see the being the case prior to the reunion but not after - it was one of the top grossing tours and really put them back in the spotlight.

Then again we don't know exactly how the filter of info from management to Axl works - do they only present to him what they think he might be interested in?

I have to assume though if he wanted to do stuff he mostly would. For example had he put himself forward for that artist streaming event a couple of weeks back I doubt the organisers would have said no even if he's wasn't on their radar initially. If he got Fernando to ring Rolling Stone to say I'd like to do an interview I doubt the RS would say no even if he wasn't an artist they were directly chasing at that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I hadn't really thought of it like that. I could perhaps see the being the case prior to the reunion but not after - it was one of the top grossing tours and really put them back in the spotlight.

Then again we don't know exactly how the filter of info from management to Axl works - do they only present to him what they think he might be interested in?

I have to assume though if he wanted to do stuff he mostly would. For example had he put himself forward for that artist streaming event a couple of weeks back I doubt the organisers would have said no even if he's wasn't on their radar initially. If he got Fernando to ring Rolling Stone to say I'd like to do an interview I doubt the RS would say no even if he wasn't an artist they were directly chasing at that point.

They wouldn’t be doing their job if they weren’t filtering requests. What actually gets through is certainly up for debate. Especially if they already know the answer  

The fact that nothing on that end has really occurred for a while means that decision is from the man himself. A lot of management stems from what an artist like Axl is willing or not willing to do. That includes releasing music, availability of YouTube vids, set lists, etc... I don’t see any manager forcing change in that regard and telling Axl what to do with his time and their music. Other artists are certainly different 

51 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Has anyone noticed GNR’s social media has been mighty quiet since Wednesday? 

Hiding their face in shame 'bout playlists, shirts and children books...or, more likely taking a break over a long weekend, after all this exhausting work is done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Alright guys. Clearly Fernando has a lot on his plate. He's got a children's book to promote and he has to personally box and ship all four Live and Let Die shirts that were sold.

I figured I could do him a favor. I created a brand new, original playlist based on the legendary 1988 VMA performance.

Clearly I have what it takes for a career in band management. Maybe next I'll create the official tie-in playlist for the children's book.

Impressive! 

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Alright guys. Clearly Fernando has a lot on his plate. He's got a children's book to promote and he has to personally box and ship all four Live and Let Die shirts that were sold.

I figured I could do him a favor. I created a brand new, original playlist based on the legendary 1988 VMA performance.

Clearly I have what it takes for a career in band management. Maybe next I'll create the official tie-in playlist for the children's book.

Jesus Christ such a great video and song. It’s my stuck-on-a-deserted-island song even though I’ve heard it 15 billion times. It’s just a perfect rock song. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Has anyone noticed GNR’s social media has been mighty quiet since Wednesday? 

Maybe someone lost the log-in password? 

It's basically just like spam for crap t-shirts anyway now it seems. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Does Fernando have any qualifications to be the manager of a large, international, music act? Is he the actual manager or just a middle man with the label. I am a bit confused because the band used to have professional industry executives like Azoff or Merk, right?

He's a hack.

Edited by EvH

28 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Does Fernando have any qualifications to be the manager of a large, international, music act? Is he the actual manager or just a middle man with the label. I am a bit confused because the band used to have professional industry executives like Azoff or Merk, right?

It also goes to show that over time, Axl never got along with those industry types. Why? Who knows at the end of the day. Only Axl, but if I truly had to guess, its because those ‘industry’ guys actually tried to make Axl do something.. 

apparently Axl has loved and gotten along with the Lebias family since 1992...  

Edited by KeyserSoze

17 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

All of the experience in the world won’t save someone from an artist who won’t cooperate. Especially when one finds an avenue to release an album and the artist responds by not touring, going radio silent in the press and suing you 

That in no way says TB has been a great experience here. It’s just not all on TB when you experience disfunction across every manager 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

Holy shit still nothing

give him atleast another year mate, if we're lucky we might get an interview with richard saying how the wheels are turning and we have good videos coming soon of the previous tour ;)

On 08/05/2020 at 1:45 AM, alfierose said:

If I had to guess part of the issue will be that there's no existing set up or designated and qualified person to oversee this. There should be and that set up should already exist within the management of a band like GNR and should have existed for a number of years now. 

Probably the reason Pink Floyd got to it quickly is because they have the set up in place already.

I get the sense that is what's happening.

This band / management team always seems to be starting from square one - so any time there is an idea, it seems to be a lot of work to get off the ground and into reality. 

To me, this would be very easy for a larger team with more contacts / knowledge of how to get from A to B in this area. TB may still deliver, but it will inevitably take a long time.  

They clearly know how to organise and run a smooth touring operation. But TB don't seem to have the structure / contacts / organisation in place to make ad-hoc releases like this a seamless exercise.  

• Like 2