Posted (edited)

On the plus side I recorded some vocals for my band a few days ago. One of our members has asthma and our Drummer doesn’t even have recording equipment at his house but even we’re being productive during the pandemic. For anyone that thinks it’s hard to do.

Edited by The Matinator

The black keys (you can count with your fingers the pro shots from them) released yesterday a live show. Tik tok tik tok mr Lebeis running out of patience 

• Like 1

One positive aspect of this pandemic is that we have seen real innovation by firms across industries to connect with and continue to offer services to customers. There have been wonderful examples across industry, customers really value this and will be loyal in future. We have seen the same in the music industry. Sadly GNR are once again rock bottom when it comes to any of this. Why? They don't feel they need to..  arrogance and complacency on their part. Nothing new with this lot but a real shame - this was an ideal opportunity to reconnect with fans.

Totally useless management. 

15 minutes ago, bangit said:

One positive aspect of this pandemic is that we have seen real innovation by firms across industries to connect with and continue to offer services to customers. There have been wonderful examples across industry, customers really value this and will be loyal in future. We have seen the same in the music industry. Sadly GNR are once again rock bottom when it comes to any of this. Why? They don't feel they need to..  arrogance and complacency on their part. Nothing new with this lot but a real shame - this was an ideal opportunity to reconnect with fans.

I can count on my hand the amount of people streaming TODAY 

off the top of my head: coldplay, Ed Sheeran, memebers of Snow Patrol, G. love, ludacris, and styx.

The engagement from the GNR side of everything since America shut down was (In this order) cancel tour; reschedule tour; try to sell us something, wait to cancel tour, , try to sell us something, try to sell us a Childrens book in the future when we can pay for it (if you even want it), finally cancel tour, promise us ‘cool tour footage’ and totally blue ball us (and they may not even be aware they did this) then try to get us to buy another shirt. 

They have put some cool behind the scenes footage on twitter and facebook (i think) but nothing out of the ordinary when the band is on tour. 

Duff has been engaging with almost any and every single person he can and I love and respect him for it because I know behind the GNR entity you can only say so much, but Duff finds a way to do it and he has since 2014. Its his band. But holy hell, how can he just sit back and watch this shit show unfold??? This was a man who wrote a book called To Be The Man and it seems like he really just does not have a say in his own band. 

• Like 2

Release one show from every calendar year. Second to new music, that would rock!!

But, at this point, I might be more interest in a no holds barred interview with the men and women who have performed on Axl’s face. Somebody, find these people, and get them on here. Please. Thank you. 

Tom Petty has passed away and the rights to his archive footage turned into a mess, with legal battles over ANY little small or big thing. Release of a Wildflowers reissue with additional tracks (it was a double album originally) has been notched and there's lawsuits flying even over his house.

Even on this situation there's going to be a stream of an unreleased concert tonight.

If you have any excuse over Fernando and TB's management or Axl and releasing material, I think it's time to see things as they really are.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Supposed to see them in the summer :( Guess a virtual one will have to do. At least I have something to watch...

8 hours ago, bangit said:

Totally useless Axl

The weird thing is I've always had the feeling Axl just doesn't get asked to do stuff or the offers of interviews just aren't presented to him. When he does them he's usually really good in them. 

Remember that back stage thing like 1 min long before a show in late 2010 where Dizzy says about having the same birthday as the guy at the hotel desk. Axl looked so cool and relaxed in that. And he was genuinely funny on Kimmels show in 2012 and in the 2016 interviews. 

I think team Brazil just don't show Axl anything and keep him out of the loop. 

If someone could find that 2010 clip that'd be great I haven't seen that in ages. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The weird thing is I've always had the feeling Axl just doesn't get asked to do stuff or the offers of interviews just aren't presented to him. When he does them he's usually really good in them. 

Remember that back stage thing like 1 min long before a show in late 2010 where Dizzy says about having the same birthday as the guy at the hotel desk. Axl looked so cool and relaxed in that. And he was genuinely funny on Kimmels show in 2012 and in the 2016 interviews. 

I think team Brazil just don't show Axl anything and keep him out of the loop. 

If someone could find that 2010 clip that'd be great I haven't seen that in ages. 

I think it's half and half being honest. Yes axl has to take some blame for the mess it is but team Brazil have to also take a huge portion of the blame. In the end they will be and should be blamed for the mess on the band promotional side. They do not do what they should do and as a consequence axl rose and the band have suffered.

at this rate I feel like Ratt have done more for their fans by being in that Geico commercial 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I hadn't really thought of it like that. I could perhaps see the being the case prior to the reunion but not after - it was one of the top grossing tours and really put them back in the spotlight.

Then again we don't know exactly how the filter of info from management to Axl works - do they only present to him what they think he might be interested in?

I have to assume though if he wanted to do stuff he mostly would. For example had he put himself forward for that artist streaming event a couple of weeks back I doubt the organisers would have said no even if he's wasn't on their radar initially. If he got Fernando to ring Rolling Stone to say I'd like to do an interview I doubt the RS would say no even if he wasn't an artist they were directly chasing at that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I hadn't really thought of it like that. I could perhaps see the being the case prior to the reunion but not after - it was one of the top grossing tours and really put them back in the spotlight.

Then again we don't know exactly how the filter of info from management to Axl works - do they only present to him what they think he might be interested in?

I have to assume though if he wanted to do stuff he mostly would. For example had he put himself forward for that artist streaming event a couple of weeks back I doubt the organisers would have said no even if he's wasn't on their radar initially. If he got Fernando to ring Rolling Stone to say I'd like to do an interview I doubt the RS would say no even if he wasn't an artist they were directly chasing at that point.

They wouldn’t be doing their job if they weren’t filtering requests. What actually gets through is certainly up for debate. Especially if they already know the answer  

The fact that nothing on that end has really occurred for a while means that decision is from the man himself. A lot of management stems from what an artist like Axl is willing or not willing to do. That includes releasing music, availability of YouTube vids, set lists, etc... I don’t see any manager forcing change in that regard and telling Axl what to do with his time and their music. Other artists are certainly different 

Has anyone noticed GNR’s social media has been mighty quiet since Wednesday? 

51 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Hiding their face in shame 'bout playlists, shirts and children books...or, more likely taking a break over a long weekend, after all this exhausting work is done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Alright guys. Clearly Fernando has a lot on his plate. He's got a children's book to promote and he has to personally box and ship all four Live and Let Die shirts that were sold.

I figured I could do him a favor. I created a brand new, original playlist based on the legendary 1988 VMA performance.

Clearly I have what it takes for a career in band management. Maybe next I'll create the official tie-in playlist for the children's book.

Impressive! 

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Alright guys. Clearly Fernando has a lot on his plate. He's got a children's book to promote and he has to personally box and ship all four Live and Let Die shirts that were sold.

I figured I could do him a favor. I created a brand new, original playlist based on the legendary 1988 VMA performance.

Clearly I have what it takes for a career in band management. Maybe next I'll create the official tie-in playlist for the children's book.

Jesus Christ such a great video and song. It’s my stuck-on-a-deserted-island song even though I’ve heard it 15 billion times. It’s just a perfect rock song. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Maybe someone lost the log-in password? 

It's basically just like spam for crap t-shirts anyway now it seems. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Axl Rose interview YAS Island Abu Dhabi 2010. search youtube it's there.

Does Fernando have any qualifications to be the manager of a large, international, music act? Is he the actual manager or just a middle man with the label. I am a bit confused because the band used to have professional industry executives like Azoff or Merk, right?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Does Fernando have any qualifications to be the manager of a large, international, music act? Is he the actual manager or just a middle man with the label. I am a bit confused because the band used to have professional industry executives like Azoff or Merk, right?

He's a hack.

Edited by EvH

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

It also goes to show that over time, Axl never got along with those industry types. Why? Who knows at the end of the day. Only Axl, but if I truly had to guess, its because those ‘industry’ guys actually tried to make Axl do something.. 

apparently Axl has loved and gotten along with the Lebias family since 1992...  

Edited by KeyserSoze