NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I get the sense that is what's happening.

This band / management team always seems to be starting from square one - so any time there is an idea, it seems to be a lot of work to get off the ground and into reality. 

To me, this would be very easy for a larger team with more contacts / knowledge of how to get from A to B in this area. TB may still deliver, but it will inevitably take a long time.  

They clearly know how to organise and run a smooth touring operation. But TB don't seem to have the structure / contacts / organisation in place to make ad-hoc releases like this a seamless exercise.  

I always thought, that Del is managin the tour... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Relax. He said "soon". You know what that means in GNR world...😉

Well, based on it taking 12 years from the last "soon" to soundcheck new music... maybe in 15 years we'll finally see something uploaded?

I've said it before but people plucking time frames out of thin air has led to people disappointed again. He said soon. Firstly, he being Fernando I cant believe anyone even took that as gospel. He's  axls cleaners  (and managers son ffs)  Secondly, the word soon... really? You're falling for that one again?

• Like 2

I often wonder why Fernando bothers announcing things that clearly aren't ready to happen. If he had no videos on standby why say anything at all? Maybe he thinks it builds anticipation but for a band as cryptic as this it does quite the opposite. It makes it seem all the more silly and screams incompetence when it's been nearly two weeks and there's nothing to show from a relatively simply task. He would have been better off not saying anything at all and just dropping a video at some point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I often wonder why Fernando bothers announcing things that clearly aren't ready to happen. If he had no videos on standby why say anything at all? Maybe he thinks it builds anticipation but for a band as cryptic as this it does quite the opposite. It makes it seem all the more silly and screams incompetence when it's been nearly two weeks and there's nothing to show from a relatively simply task. He would have been better off not saying anything at all and just dropping a video at some point.

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation when providing updates with this band. Fans obviously want these updates, yet everything gets delayed, gets too complicated or thrown aside as the wind blows. It seems like this happens under every manager 

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Surely Slash has made enough for Perla's alimony now? Time to quit and concentrate exclusively on The Conspirators. 

Remember though Slash reserved a lot of riffs for Axl. If he doesn't see the album through to completion they will be gone forever, Axl will certainly sue him if he tries to use them since they were "intended for Guns".

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I just saw this on fb. Then I came here, lol.

I guess it's only a matter of time now until Slash leaves again. I don't think he will Axl and Fernandont ruin his reputation. At this point even the casuals get pissed or make fun of the stupid merch and no music. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Surely Slash has made enough for Perla's alimony now? Time to quit and concentrate exclusively on The Conspirators. 

Anything at this point to ruffle any feathers anywhere would be a major positive. 

I wonder how much longer Slash can hold on really. I suppose as long as he can nip off and do his own thing now and then he can continue the long march to obscurity that GNR seem to be currently on and pick up the cash. 

Things might change when the ticket sales see the venues getting smaller and smaller though I suppose. 

Edited by allwaystired

47 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Because Fernando likes to feel important cause he knows nobody takes that little shitbag seriously

• Like 1

Everything about Slash/Perla/leaving/songwriting is he said/she said at this point. I personally thought 2016 was going to see a turning point for the band and actually see them get some shit done and turn around the image Axl created for the band. Not that it was a bad one, it was a shit show at times, but as we can all see, that didn’t happen. So at this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if Slash just stayed with the band until he is a shriveled up old rockstar, profiting off of the songs he made 33 years ago. Which is fine. I mean besides doing his usual posts on instagram and thanking NHS, Slash has also been mighty quiet during this pandemic. Duff has been the only one engaging 

12 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I get the sense that is what's happening.

This band / management team always seems to be starting from square one - so any time there is an idea, it seems to be a lot of work to get off the ground and into reality. 

To me, this would be very easy for a larger team with more contacts / knowledge of how to get from A to B in this area. TB may still deliver, but it will inevitably take a long time.  

They clearly know how to organise and run a smooth touring operation. But TB don't seem to have the structure / contacts / organisation in place to make ad-hoc releases like this a seamless exercise.  

Yep.

People are comparing artists that are releasing years old pro-shots and expecting guns to go with that timeframe. And yet if Tokyo 92 was released these people would complain.

I imagine TB have basically no infrastructure for producing high quality show vids which will only add to the delay sadly.

The crazy thing is I think once TB realise that releasing concert videos is basically free money we'll being to see a lot more.

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Everything about Slash/Perla/leaving/songwriting is he said/she said at this point. I personally thought 2016 was going to see a turning point for the band and actually see them get some shit done and turn around the image Axl created for the band. Not that it was a bad one, it was a shit show at times, but as we can all see, that didn’t happen. So at this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if Slash just stayed with the band until he is a shriveled up old rockstar, profiting off of the songs he made 33 years ago. Which is fine. I mean besides doing his usual posts on instagram and thanking NHS, Slash has also been mighty quiet during this pandemic. Duff has been the only one engaging 

You can guarantee Slash isn't quiet behind the scenes though. He never sits still. He's just not positing inane updates about it all the time. and because of his past history of actually releasing stuff and producing tangible results, we believe that he is actually doing something! 

I couldn't really care less if any of them are personally 'engaging' (I imagine Duff isn't really, but probably has someone doing it on his behalf). I don't know these people, never met them, and really have no interest in seeing the petty details of their everyday lives presented as a PR exercise (which is essentially what most 'celebs' use social media for). I admire their desire to be private. 

The 'band promotion' side is totally different of course. No need for the members to be telling us what they had for dinner.....but every need to deliver on band promises and keep updated from the business side of things.  

Hahaha... Slash is never leaving again. He literally has the best of both worlds right now; he can tour with Guns playing the hits and cash the massive checks, then he can go fuck off with SMKC in his downtime to pump out new music, and whatever various side gigs he does with other artists. Tour a year or two with The Conspirators while Guns is off the road, rinse, repeat. Unless Myles leaves his side, but even then, he could probably just plug Kerns in on vocals (would be a welcome change, imo ;)).

Either something happens with Guns for new music, or he realizes it never will, and takes those riffs he has saved for Guns and puts them to use elsewhere, like Snakepit.

• Like 3