NITL live videos on youtube

In this new (old) interview coming to light, someone asks Fernando: “will the youtube releases be UYI or NITL?” 

Fernando: “uhhhhhhhh. We are thinking... uh. Not In This Lifetime. Uhhhhhhh and.. yeah” 

Edited by KeyserSoze

“We have collected the Hard Drives from our video people and from Various Festivals that we have played. We have links and we are downloading... uhh. Its obviously a lot of content and we are having our sound people make sure the sound files match the video files and we are working to come up with an execution plan” 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

“We have collected the Hard Drives from our video people and from Various Festivals that we have played. We have links and we are downloading... uhh. Its obviously a lot of content and we are having our sound people make sure the sound files match the video files and we are working to come up with an execution plan” 

What are they downloading if they have it on hard drive? Doesnt make sense. He doesnt know what he’s talking about and just makes shit up

8 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

What are they downloading if they have it on hard drive? Doesnt make sense. He doesnt know what he’s talking about and just makes shit up

Imagine English not being your first language...

I'd take that to mean they're in contact with some media company and sharing the video/audio.

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

“Sooner than soon. I know soon to you is this weekend, but for the sake of sanity lets just say a couple of weeks.”

Fair. I just hope that's a conservative estimate (better to deliver it early than late).

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Just gonna guess their “sound people” don’t have access to the drive and are remote, so someone had to upload everything to some server/cloud and they have to download it to work on it 

Still on the premise that this is a believe it when you see it type of deal 

5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Imagine English not being your first language...

I'd take that to mean they're in contact with some media company and sharing the video/audio.

Fair. I just hope that's a conservative estimate (better to deliver it early than late).

That guy has lived in america (almost) his entire life and speaks english without accent. So dont give me that first language bullshit.

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 3

When will everyone finally come to terms with the fact that the Guns brand does NOT care about its fans? Guns will do whatever they want to do whenever they feel like doing it and now that the Slash name is officially being associated with the brand again after almost 30 years, any material will immediately sell. That’s all this is about. Compare it to when CD was released with zero interviews/promotion, solely using the Guns name with Axl as the only true member. It sold exceptionally well given this circumstance. Hypothetically speaking they could go the exact same route with the upcoming album and the results would be waaaaaaay better given Slash is involved and the World as a whole has been on this nostalgic, retro mindset for the last 5 or so years. What’s old is now new again. Look at the US for example. 80/90s movies/shows being remade or even revisited with sequels, other bands from that era finding newfound success and fans.  Trump being elected can also be argued as America’s way of remember the “good old days.” Guns is a brand. A company. Sorry everyone, but the band mentality this group had died in ‘89. 

god, please don't release a NITL show.. the performances, even in 16, are not fit to be professionally recorded/released. I loved the two shows I went to, but just give me a damn UYI show, 2010, 2007, or 87 show.. I don't want another live release by this band that is terrible, we already have the Tokyo show, live era, and AFDemocracy..

28 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

god, please don't release a NITL show.. the performances, even in 16, are not fit to be professionally recorded/released. I loved the two shows I went to, but just give me a damn UYI show, 2010, 2007, or 87 show.. I don't want another live release by this band that is terrible, we already have the Tokyo show, live era, and AFDemocracy..

It's 100% going to be from NITL. From what Fernando was saying, it's not even a question. If any classic stuff happens, it won't be for a long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fernando asked on if we would see older content soon: 

“it hasn’t even been thought of on this first fo round of what we are trying to do. Me personally, I think by doing older stuff, its not the right move.”

It does make sense. Because only this band can start doing one thing people have been begging for, while at the same time giving them what they least want to see.

• Like 2

Fernando on where the material is: 

“we have 3 hampers of all these different formats and we need our video production company to set me up with some hardware that allows me to literally be able to play what we have. We should have every show we ever played with the exception of the Apollo.”

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Fernando on where the material is: 

“we have 3 hampers of all these different formats and we need our video production company to set me up with some hardware that allows me to literally be able to play what we have. We should have every show we ever played with the exception of the Apollo.”

Sounds like we could expect the first video in fall

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

It's 100% going to be from NITL. From what Fernando was saying, it's not even a question. If any classic stuff happens, it won't be for a long time.

so we'll have to wait till everyone dies to get UYI proshots or just have leaks/hidden bootlegs like the Saskatoon show come out. This must be what Pink Floyd fans feel.. no proshots from Dark Side of the moon, Animals, Wish you were here or The Wall.. welp, even after my rather short fandom, I understand why many of the veterans of this forum and of the band in general have put GN'R to the side. 

37 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Big agree. Makes no sense at all to promote a line up that's not even together atm.

11 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Big agree. Makes no sense at all to promote a line up that's not even together atm.

Yep. Makes no sense at all to promote the only lineups fans give a shit about, whose music is the only reason they still have fans today...

• Like 2