NITL live videos on youtube

4 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

This band really seems to lack any cohesion. Slash's playing is all over the place and surprisingly sloppy. 

I used to think that the problem with the previous soundboards we had was the lack of mixing, but no, it's the band.

Compare it to the 2010 band, this version of GNR is very sloppy... racing through the songs (playing faster doesn't mean more energy, it usually just means that the musicians don't play it half as well they could at a slower pace). If you were blind folded and both bands came on one after each other, I don't think many would say the current version is better.

Anyway... for this turn of the "select cuts" it's not the greatest of starts, BUT it's a start nonetheless! definitely room for improvement on the sound if nothing else. If you compare it to what other major acts have released this sounds like a soundboard gig from your local pub band... not the highest grossing touring band :P 

2 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Cool stuff if its repeated a few times with other shows! (And "better" crowds?) Video editing/ angle choices were so weird to me though...but great Slash/ Duff close ups!

Lmao the crowd did look dead.

We need so vids from South America for their crowds.

A couple notes about the production quality:

- To properly get the sound of a concert you need to add "room tone" to the video, which this doesn't have. It makes the music sound bigger, grabs crowd noise and will make it sound less like a soundboard recording.

- The editing is really lacking here. Granted, the last time they edited together footage from the Appetite for Democracy residency, it had Michael Bay levels of cuts and was seizure inducing. This could have to do with the lack of cameras available. There appears to be three "hero" cameras on Axl, Slash and Duff and then the way overused wide camera, and not much else (I guess the drum attached camera counts, though it's shaky as hell). This video appears to be edited by a non-Guns fan as it misses key moments like the "Fuck off!" part of ISE. The edit lacks a lot, and fans will most notably notice a lack of Axl shots. 

Glad to have some new stuff, regardless. But there's a real lack of professionalism in the compilation of this video. 

• Like 3

We don't  have to complain  to much about it. It was pretty decent and if they post 3 songs every week, that's cool! 
But the video and audio mix are strange... To much static image on the giant screen, and where's Axl ??? We dont have any close up and he is really low in the mix.

Nice effort Fernando!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Brief thoughts:

1) It's So Easy was painful. Literally. The fleeting moments of rasp actually sounded like it was painful for Axl. He was making an effort though so I can't fault him in particular, but it sounded rough. Honestly I give them credit for releasing this as is with such a dry mix.

2) Chinese Democracy sounded really good. I was surprised to be honest.

3) Great version of DTJ. I like that this was a version where they all nailed the intro. There have been a few versions where Axl came in early, or Duff started too late, and so on. This was dead on.

I thought all three were painful! The rhythm section was literally the only enjoyable part for me .... 

I have never quite understood Slash's flirtations with B.C. Rich guitar's over his career considering the aesthetic of them are antithetical to the sort of rock he prefers, but he does rock the fuck out of them.

Really anyone nit picking this is just being a sour puss. This is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Anyone else notice that it was all “low voice” songs? Just sayin...

EDIT: that being said, the high-voice parts on Easy sounded great!

no they didn't. And they usually do for ISE. 

Wonder when they'll run out of "low voice" songs to use. I suspect we're gonna get half a concert in total :lol:

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Again literally "complaints, complaints, complaints" :facepalm:

Honestly, it's a good way to make sure we never get anything like this again.

Fernando's probably reading these comments right now, and saying that fifteen minutes is what us minions deserve.

I mean, it's not like any of us are interested in hearing new music or anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charliedont said:

A couple notes about the production quality:

- To properly get the sound of a concert you need to add "room tone" to the video, which this doesn't have. It makes the music sound bigger, grabs crowd noise and will make it sound less like a soundboard recording.

- The editing is really lacking here. Granted, the last time they edited together footage from the Appetite for Democracy residency, it had Michael Bay levels of cuts and was seizure inducing. This could have to do with the lack of cameras available. There appears to be three "hero" cameras on Axl, Slash and Duff and then the way overused wide camera, and not much else (I guess the drum attached camera counts, though it's shaky as hell). This video appears to be edited by a non-Guns fan as it misses key moments like the "Fuck off!" part of ISE. The edit lacks a lot, and fans will most notably notice a lack of Axl shots. 

Glad to have some new stuff, regardless. But there's a real lack of professionalism in the compilation of this video. 

Agreed, listening to it on headphones the dry mix did not do Slash's leads or Axl's vocals any favors.  

With a dry mix like this, you get Slash's guitar sounding like he was playing guitar in a bedroom with a SM-57 micing an amp with no effects, it just didn't truly capture the actual representation of what his guitar sounds like live

I thought it was fun.  It was nice to see them pick songs like DTJ and CD instead of the same ol Jungle, PC and SCOM.   It looked awesome and sounded good 

Honestly though it really makes me want a full show.  Give us a 2016 show in this quality please.  Pleeeaaaase.

• Like 4

It's interesting to notice how almost every official video's thumbnail is all about Axl but reality says otherwise :lol:

Overall it was solid, song choices were pretty obvious. If they're going for the hits they better dig that 2016 footage.