NITL live videos on youtube

21 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

Man, I was going to say the oposite, the drums sound very weak to me. It's very buried in the mix. 

I agree, should be a little more present.

21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Band sounds good, it feels low energy because its a drier mix without any crowd audio or shots. Axl's voice should be lower in the mix tbh. I will be more forgiving if this becomes a weekly thing with 2016 footage and eventually old footage (87=2010)

If this is it... swing and a miss!

Yeah they need to work on the mix for sure.

17 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Look, I will eat crow here. I called Fernando Fernandon’t. But he Fernandid.

That should be a thread title.

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl should be lower? I can barely make him out (possibly a good thing) I think they should have added some crowd noise, raised Axls volume and gave the overall mix more reverb and compression... it doesn't really have punch. 

Oh fuck it's over!😅

14 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Sorry ... I won't be kissing the band's ass because they graced us with 3 songs from 1 show in 2019 ... I didn't enjoy that at all and it just makes me more pissed at the fact that there's currently still an on-going purge of ANYTHING Guns N' Roses music on the internet .... 

I agree with the 2nd part of your statement:

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That for sure wasn't worth a fraction of the Youtube purge, where we had dozens of videos where Axl actually sounded like a professional singer as opposed to this.

For sure, doesn't even begin to make up for the loss of Gibbo's channel and Frans and all the others. And there were some really high quality fan shot videos too.

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No ... I physically can't enjoy it because of what it is 

or because you don't want to. No one forced you to watch it, no one forced you to moan about it. So keep that in mind.

2 minutes ago, nico-ferro said:

i actually did enjoy it, we are just pointing out the pink elephant in the room..

Or are just complaining ad infinitum again...

5 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

The end of double talkin' jive really does show a band that does have legitimate chemistry as musicians, as much as everyone likes to dunk on Frank and at times Fortus. People are really too hard on this iteration of the band.

It was enjoyable.... My favorite of the but go listen to the versions from Skin N' Bones to remind yourself how much more chemistry that lineup had. 

Post video notes:

• Wonder if this becomes a weekly thing and they do 3 songs from each show and then make a "set list" playlist
  • Please give us locomotive...
  • Video was all slash but hey fine with me
  • I thought the mix and quality was fine. As expected

Now the chili peppers in 20 minutes getting their full show streamed...that'll be fun

• Like 1

This band is sloppy as fuck; they're all over the place with their timing. All the songs are played too fast, Slash's guitar tone sounds like shit these days (don't know how when he's using the same Jubilee's but there you go), DTJ drum intro is weird as fuck... but I thought Axl sounded alright in these three tracks.

3 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm sorry I totally get the idea behind that but I just don't agree and I wont pretend to like something and act like everything's okay when it's not :(

Well it's not perfect but it's better than another t-shirt...or a yo-yo! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

It was enjoyable.... My favorite of the but go listen to the versions from Skin N' Bones to remind yourself how much more chemistry that lineup had. 

Exactly. Like I said in my review when I watched slash jumped off an amp and there wasn't even a cymbal crash in the intro. So anti climatic. In the old band you would have had that. Something as small as that goes a long way and it all goes back to chemistry 

13 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Again literally "complaints, complaints, complaints

Honestly, it's a good way to make sure we never get anything like this again.

Nah, there's a few posters that have posted nothing but negativity in this thread multiple times. I think overall people were happy with it. Past few days people seemed to be expecting we'd get only one song a week, or even just a clip of a song. Or some publicity for merch in between songs. We got three complete songs. There will always be people who find nothing good whatsoever in anything (too bad for them) and they feel the need to say that 10 times, but let's not focus on that. And let's hope Fernando and the band don't focus on that either :)

8 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

The end of double talkin' jive really does show a band that does have legitimate chemistry as musicians, as much as everyone likes to dunk on Frank and at times Fortus. People are really too hard on this iteration of the band.

What has happened to me.

I don't disagree.  I have maintained for a while that even though Frank isn't quite Sorum-level to me with GNR, I think he does a much better job than a ton of people here give the impression of!

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Someone in the comments saying the song during the count down was Seven. I’m assuming this is a load of bullshit??

Bullshit, the music is from youtube. It's in all the videos that are streamed in the platform

Edited by feli1269
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Frank should use the bell on the ride during the end solo. Just the cymbal hitting on the ride sounds so weak. Matt would be ashamed. 

Matt did play just the ride back in the day though. Of course the power and energy between Matt and Frank is the big difference.

I agree with your other observations. Lots of good notes there.

Edited by MaskingApathy

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Nah, there's a few posters that have posted nothing but negativity in this thread multiple times. I think overall people were happy with it. Past few days people seemed to be expecting we'd get only one song a week, or even just a clip of a song. Or some publicity for merch in between songs. We got three complete songs. There will always be people who find nothing good whatsoever in anything (too bad for them) and they feel the need to say that 10 times, but let's not focus on that. And let's hope Fernando and the band don't focus on that either :)

I'd like your post but I'm all out for the day ^_^

15 minutes ago, vloors said:

Mods can we have one thread to discuss this? Theres two going atm. This one and the one below

I've merged the newest thread into the original video thread above. My apologies to the OP of the other thread but it's difficult having discussion in 2 places.

Edit: Apologies to those who lost part written posts in the merge.

• Thanks 1

Aight how bout since they’re doing these in sets of three do one for Nashville 2016 with OTGM/My Michelle with Steven then that version of PC since Stephen comes out for the final bow at that show if I’m not mistaken, everybody would be stoked about that. For the record I liked the first one a lot I just feel like nobody could complain about That one haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

This.. Cool they did it but there wasn't much effort put into it. Wasn't much more enjoyable than peoples cell phone videos.. In fact in lacked all the crowd energy from cell phone videos.. Hopefully they get better at it.. Crowd shots, a little crowd noise or something.. This kind of just fell flat and it sure didn't seem like it should have been chosen as a "Select" performance. COMA 92 came on after and sounded fucking incredible to put things in perspective. Now Wish You Were Here is on from someones phone and you get the whole live vibe...

Would love for them to stream a show from 88 or 93 or something... 

It's So Easy - Fell flat.. Didn't feel any of the  crows excitement you get from the opening song...

CD - Whatever

DTJ - This was my favorite.. Never get tired of watching Slash solo.. Would love to see a re-mastered video from the Skin N' Bones tour though.. Those versions were off the charts.

I wrote a reply to this but I guess it got deleted when the threads got merged...

DTJ is the obvious highlight, and it'd be cool if they uploaded Wish You Were Here or the Johnny B Good jam at some point too.

Do you at least like Slash's outro solo on CD? It's always been the CD songs that Slash plays the best, IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, The Matinator said:

Aight how bout since they’re doing these in sets of three do one for Nashville 2016 with OTGM/My Michelle with Steven then that version of PC since Stephen comes out for the final bow at that show if I’m not mistaken, everybody would be stoked about that. For the record I liked the first one a lot I just feel like nobody could complain about That one haha.

Or the Cincinatti one with the 2 Steven songs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jackparker123 said:

Is the plan to give us a few songs every Thursday for the next few weeks then?

If that's the case then I could see them compiling the videos and finally releasing a NITL tour DVD / Blu Ray with a bit of extra exclusive content.

God I hope not, not with these selections anyway. So many better performances from other gigs

• Like 2