NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans.

If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this stuff should have been done months ago. Being appreciative isnt the point and we shouldnt have to be appreciative and kiss the bands arse when they do something like this. If the band want to keep the band in the public eye once we know what the future show dates will be doing these vids and putting them on the website keeps people interest. Its in the bands and TBs interest, not ours.

The backstage video footage that was put on the GNR website, and the fact that every NITL has video footage means that the band has access to video footage as it sees fit. Whoever is the video company , whether thats Universal or a third party is beside the point.

Who knows. Whoever manages the video footage, maybe fans like us. Who have approached the band numerous times to offer their services to put something like this together only to be ignored.

Sick of fans thinking we need to give praise and be appreciative when they do things like this. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band, doing these sort vids should be par for the course not just an excuse to throw the fans a bone every now and again. GNR should be seen as being the leaders and not the followers when  doing these sorts of band promotions.

👏👏👏 Agree 100%

And if I didn't care so much about GnR then it wouldn't matter to me so much how it looks and sounds. I'm being critical about it because I care a lot. I want my favorite band to look good and sound good.

10 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Bad* , Slashs guitar is way to high, there is no reverb no eq, no bass

nah again it's just not a A+ mix.

A dry mix isn't necessarily bad (in this case it's not great).

But just because something isn't exceptional doesn't mean it's trash (this forum is incapable of nuance ).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

nah again it's just not a A+ mix.

A dry mix isn't necessarily bad (in this case it's not great).

But just because something isn't exceptional doesn't mean it's trash (this forum is incapable of nuance ).

*Some people* remind me of a certain forum owner (J.) so much that it's astounding... :D

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans.

That's not entirely true.

When releasing proshots was suggested by a fan to Fernando he said things were already in motion.

Sick of fans thinking we need to give praise and be appreciative when they do things like this.

Lmao continue to be an absolute goal post mover then. But then don't get annoyed when TB stops interacting with fans due to "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

The entitlement is unreal.

• Like 1

Bland, boring, uninspired and highly manipulative footage. Well done Guns, you've outdone yourself again. My favourite band reduced to this. :cry: At least I'm used to it by now.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

*Some people* remind me of a certain forum owner (J.) so much that it's astounding... :D

Yes we've had the run around of old fans on here suggesting that anyone not trying to slate then band is someone else.

45 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

That's not entirely true.

When releasing proshots was suggested by a fan to Fernando he said things were already in motion.

Lmao continue to be an absolute goal post mover then. But then don't get annoyed when TB stops interacting with fans due to "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

The entitlement is unreal.

Why would this be entitlement.?. As a fan ive long accepted no new material will surface and that GNR are purely a touring band. However like everyone else i REALLY want to be surprised with new recordings.

I couldnt care if fernando does or doesnt deal with the online fan community. Why does fernando conduct doing interviews via reddit and not Nightrain, the bands own official fan club forum or on their own facebook page?. Strikes me as a strange way to deal with fans.

After seeing the amount of unflattering comments in the bands facebook site about the GNR kids book, TB  doesnt need to ask the fans what they want.

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Why would this be entitlement.?. As a fan ive long accepted no new material will surface and that GNR are purely a touring band. However like everyone else i REALLY want to be surprised.

I couldnt care if fernando does or doesnt deal with the online fan community. Why does fernando conduct doing interviews via reddit and not Nightrain, the bands own official fan club forum?. Plus if Fernando has to ask after all these years what the fans want then he doesnt know the GNR community or "fam" as he calls it.

Literally "complaints, complaints, complaints"

And then "bUt WHy WOnT tB dO wHAt i WANT"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Man, you should have been here between 2003-2005. People got banned for critizing Axl.

I joined at the end of 2004, but at the time I was pretty much just getting heavily into Guns so I don't remember noticing. I was a wee lad just learning what it meant to be a fan!

When I put that in writing I can't believe it's been 16 years. I need to criticize myself. :lol:

14 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

If you watch it and come to that conclusion you're just a nitpicker. No other way around it.

Is it the best performance or mix. No, not by a long shot.

Is it bad. Also no, also by a long shot.

I'm not nitpicking. I've seen Axl in 2006, 2010, 2012 and 2016. This doesn't come close to any of the shows I've seen.

Also the mixing is pretty bad.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, D.. said:

Please... Vince Neil is one of the worst example you could take. 

Why not compare Axl to one of the best examples? Compared to Steven Tyler, Axl is doing very bad. And Steven Tyler is over 10 years older than Axl. He still looks great & sings great. Axl used to be on the same level.

The thing about Tyler is his singing voice is not forced/unnatural like Axl - Tyler has a higher speaking voice which helps him. Plus he is confirmed as having vocal surgery.

35 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Usually a good argument would take a source and use its rhetoric to make a point. What I posted was in fact a generalization of the attitude shown by some users who believe the band should be immune to criticism. It wasn't argumentative but an observation of the outlook shared by some, and not necessarily you in particular.

It's a common attitude among many Guns fans. Criticize the band? Oh, you're just entitled. Having a different opinion doesn't equal entitlement.

However if we go to your recent posts - you were called out for the irony of only complaining about people who complain. Instead of refuting or offering a different side, you've only managed to provide a meme picture and a Wikipedia link. Not the most stimulating discussion I'm afraid.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

you were called out for the irony of only complaining about people who complain.

Is that irony? 

The idea of criticism being beyond critique is truly one of the weirdest ideas the internet has spawned. 

Much of the criticism just falls flat, with the mixing being the most appropriate target.

Yet even that is simply 'meh', I've heard far worse from the biggest festivals.

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Also very strange that Axl's clearly too insecure to have any close-up angles in the video.

He is obviously pretty sensitive about his appearance... You would think that would be motivation enough to get your shit together and get in shape.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

The thing about Tyler is his singing voice is not forced/unnatural like Axl - Tyler has a higher speaking voice which helps him. Plus he is confirmed as having vocal surgery.

Then Axl should sing more in his "speaking voice".. Use the the It's So Easy, Brownstone, Pretty Tied up voice more. A song like You Could Be Mine would sound different but better than it does now. 

• Like 3

Glad to see a shitty upload of 3 cliche songs from an average performance makes most of you this much excited and happy and twisted your opinion about 15+ years of management failure. good for you.

Now go buy his Children's book and Toy Truck. Guess that's what most of you deserve.

Fernando is more than enough for some of you folks. Enjoy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Then Axl should sing more in his "speaking voice".. Use the the It's So Easy, Brownstone, Pretty Tied up voice more. A song like You Could Be Mine would sound different but better than it does now. 

I agree but it's a tough balancing act.

I'd love to hear Axl sing the songs with a lower voice that was easier for him to use but the casual public want to hear him using a high pitched vocal.

If they were to hear Axl "It's So Easy" his way through the set they'd be peeved.  

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

Glad to see a shitty upload of 3 cliche songs from an average performance makes most of you this much excited and happy and twisted your opinion about 15+ years of management failure. good for you.

Now go buy his Children's book and Toy Truck. Guess that's what most of you deserve.

Fernando is more than enough for some of you folks. Enjoy.

Are you ok? Want to talk about it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Is that irony? 

The idea of criticism being beyond critique is truly one of the weirdest ideas the internet has spawned. 

Much of the criticism just falls flat, with the mixing being the most appropriate target.

Yet even that is simply 'meh', I've heard far worse from the biggest festivals.

Which is totally fine. You are welcome to that opinion. But everytime someone says the mix is bad you immediately quote them to say it isn't and infer that they are incorrect or exaggerating which appears to be simply because they don't agree with you.

"Bad" isn't necessarily an objective term, especially in casual conversation (unless you want to nitpick semantics). If I say "coffee with cream and sugar tastes bad" it is clearly my opinion and would suggest I don't like it. 

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say "I don't like the taste of coffee with cream and sugar" but the intended meaning is the same.

I'm not going to quote every person who says "black coffee is disgusting" and tell them they are wrong or exaggerating.

• Like 3