Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Take your rose covered glasses off imo Matt sounds very lethargic here.  Its sounds messy  and its all over the place given they were all drunk out of their minds and on the last show of the tour

This is live music at its best: improvised... the fact is rock n roll bands aren’t orchestras. I personally like a bit of the sloppy and drunken vibe to my rock. 

But the clip I posted sounded fine to me, neither of the things you described. 

different ears and different tastes. That 93 clip has edge, the one released yesterday is sterile to me in comparison. But I get that’s some people’s thing.. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah it's just not stellar.

I would say the mix is bad.  As a guitarist, I can hear tons of little imperfections and what is audibly perceived as sloppiness from Slash that would have been proper sounding and better sounding if the mix wasn't so dry, and if proper levels in instrument track balance was taken into account. 

Anyone who has compared dry soundboard mixes to properly mixed counterparts - be it their own band, or old Zeppelin bootlegs, or direct feeds of Alex Lifeson's dry guitar signal on Youtube, will be able to recognize the disservice a dry mix does to any instrumentalist or vocalist in the band.

Now that doesn't mean I am not glad we got the feed and that it wasn't fun to watch.  It was.  But I don't think that people are being overly nitpicky by calling the mix bad

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think I am a bit immune to Slash's mistakes. I actually would go as far to say I enjoy them. It is all part of his loose organic rock n' roll style. I see people criticising him here and think, ''who do they expect, Steve Vai?''. 

I think this might be the dividing line between the “old guns” and “new gnr “

Buckethead et al, were technically proficient and shredders. Slash is all emotion and melody it sounds to me.

Neil Young is another guy who’s solos walk on an Edge, Cobains were like that. The stones with Mick Taylor walked on the edge of sloppy as well as genius. Hendrix frequently tuned his guitar mid solo!! 

The reason Guns were so thrilling live back in the day and as a band was because of how good they were WHILE being fucked up. 
:lol:

Edited by Powderfinger

One song.

Sailing.

I will never say a negative thing again, promise.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Posted (edited)

Would love to see a video of just DTJ if anyone has seen one.. I'd share that shit

Edited by Tom-Ass

Just now, Powderfinger said:

Slash is all emotion and melody it sounds to me.

Do you still believe that?

I get that feel when listening to the old stuff, but now his playing is completely different imo.

• Like 1

Wow, imagine being called out for having an opinion on a FORUM. 
It is great that they finally released something, but people can’t expect that it will please everybody. No matter what they do, there will always be some kind of criticism, there’s no need to get your panties in a bunch because other people don’t agree with you. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, I just watched the last DTJ from RIO and that was a much better video than this one.. High quality, could feel the vibe of the crowd and was a better overall performance on general.. Hopefully they can capture some of that in future videos..

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

One song.

Sailing.

That was one of the best Axl's performance ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

One song.

Sailing.

I always forget about that one! Off course i went to YouTube right away after reading this and boy! Axl is incredible on it! Things like that is what makes me love this man 

• Like 1

The users complaining about not saying anything negative are so pathetic. That's the majority of the thread JFC:facepalm: take alook around as well. The past 5 months were trashing the band and fernando every thread.

Jesus Christ

I have NO problem with someone liking the 2019 lineup or performances ... I just think it's a really strange opinion to say '19 GNR is better than '93 GNR 

50 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The users complaining about not saying anything negative are so pathetic. That's the majority of the thread JFC:facepalm: take alook around as well. The past 5 months were trashing the band and fernando every thread.

Jesus Christ

As pathetic as the users who only complain about those who complain? Circular argument. So what if most of the thread is negative? If it bothers you so much head over to the other forum where there is nothing but praise. I would just say the consensus is that a lot of people on this particular forum didn't like it. I personally saw a lot of people giving credit where credit is due, and yes some people didn't like it at all.

For example, you said yourself that the sound mix is bad. That's a constructive, but nevertheless negative, opinion isn't it? And I agree. It's bad, but I honestly give them credit for being willing to put out something so dry where mistakes will be more obvious and stand behind it.

But now I can think of at least one other user who is going to jump on this to "correct" my opinion that it's bad. I just don't know why some people get so personally bothered by what strangers say on the Internet.

If someone told me James Bond was the shittiest thing to happen to film I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be curious as to what they thought about it. I like differing viewpoints. I don't like Marvel movies. Gasp. Am I wrong?

That's why I find places like HTGTH dreadfully boring.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

As pathetic as the users who only complain about those who complain? Circular argument. So what if most of the thread is negative? If it bothers you so much head over to the other forum where there is nothing but praise. I would just say the consensus is that a lot of people on this particular forum didn't like it. I personally saw a lot of people giving credit where credit is due, and yes some people didn't like it at all.

For example, you said yourself that the sound mix is bad. That's a constructive, but nevertheless negative, opinion isn't it? And I agree. It's bad, but I honestly give them credit for being willing to put out something so dry where mistakes will be more obvious and stand behind it.

But now I can think of at least one other user who is going to jump on this to "correct" my opinion that it's bad. I just don't know why some people get so personally bothered by what strangers say on the Internet.

If someone told me James Bond was the shittiest thing to happen to film I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be curious as to what they thought about it. I like differing viewpoints. I don't like Marvel movies. Gasp. Am I wrong?

That's why I find places like HTGTH dreadfully boring.

I have no issues with people complaining. I have issues with people crying about not getting what they want when its the thing they have been wanting for months and then act like they cant speak out.

It's like a kid having a temper tantrum about not getting a toy then when they get that toy they dont want it. 

Thats the diffrence.

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I have no issues with people complaining. I have issues with people crying about not getting what they want when its the thing they have been wanting for months and then act like they cant speak out.

It's like a kid having a temper tantrum about not getting a toy then when they get that toy they dont want it. 

Thats the diffrence.

That much I can agree with you, but I saw plenty of users who are typically very critical of the band giving Fernando credit for this. It wasn't entirely whiners.

Still, the people who aren't happy with this can continue to cry all they want and it doesn't bother me any. They don't have to like it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That much I can agree with you, but I saw plenty of users who are typically very critical of the band giving Fernando credit for this. It wasn't entirely whiners.

Still, the people who aren't happy with this can continue to cry all they want and it doesn't bother me any. They don't have to like it.

Exactly I think you just misunderstood me.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

One song.

Sailing.

That is one of my all time favorite post-90s Axl moments ever.  That and the There Was A Time ending scream from Hammerstein 2006

Came here to see what everyone was saying about the NITL tour video being posted

Remembered why I stopped visiting GN'R forums. It ALWAYS devolves into "NO MY FAVORITE ERA OF THE BAND IS THE BEST! (BAND MEMBER) SUCKS HERE! (MY FAVORITE BAND MEMBER) IS THE SUPERIOR ONE!" 

Always. Without fail. 

5 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Unpopular opinion: I hate Frank's sound so much!

This is unpopular? 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Came here to see what everyone was saying about the NITL tour video being posted

Remembered why I stopped visiting GN'R forums. It ALWAYS devolves into "NO MY FAVORITE ERA OF THE BAND IS THE BEST! (BAND MEMBER) SUCKS HERE! (MY FAVORITE BAND MEMBER) IS THE SUPERIOR ONE!" 

Always. Without fail. 

Hi

What would you have liked to see?

The way I interpret this thread is one of friendly discussion from folk who love this band and have done for a long time.  Just my take and I have found it interesting.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ant said:

The critical responses are fueled by an underlying massive love for GNR. Its just doesn’t sound good. This is music, so that’s an issue.

This is one of the richest, largest, most storied bands in history. People don’t have around this forum to hand out participation ribbons to Fernando. Props to him getting some points on the board, but pointing out this is the absolute floor of the potential of NITL media releases and quality is just the truth. 

Great post...

Nice to see proshot material of them performing, but that mix... yikes!

But hopefully they keep releasing more of these (with better audio). Cool stuff.