Posted (edited)

I am asking myself a few things:

How many views of this video in what time frame are sufficient for GNR/TB to post more stuff? (By the way, the answer to this question indicates for whom they post this stuff, for us the hardcore fanbase or the mainstream which they do call „fam“). 

Which songs/performances are left to post anything without Mickey and without showing the last average joe that Axl cannot sing anymore? Is that Houston gig really that good that it can compete with classic stuff from the golden era? I haven’t heard it yet.

The band obviously still lives from their glory days in the 80/90s. They even promote this by still (re)releasing vintage-style merch only, e.g. all their TShirts are about AFD/Lies/UYI only. That alone shows that everybody in GNR camp perfectly knows what people want, the hardcore fanbase as well as the mainstream. In fact even their only release since the reunion was a recording from the 80ies. They do absolutely know that its only the stuff from the past which sells tickets to this day (evidence: there isn’t anything else which could support ticket sales ... besides toytrucks and laundary bags). 

So why the heck don’t they just release topnotch footage from the glory days?! THIS is what everybody wants and what this whole reunion is all about. In addition, its all there. They have tons of footage which is ready to be released. Just drop it. You don’t even have to cut out Axl before.

It’s obvious that the only reason for not releasing the old stuff is that it would give little shine on the old band members. It’s embarrassing that this fact holds GNR away from what EVERYONE really wants, fans and „fuckin fam“.  

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

So, I just watched the last DTJ from RIO and that was a much better video than this one.. High quality, could feel the vibe of the crowd and was a better overall performance on general.. Hopefully they can capture some of that in future videos..

I'd always expect a South American crowd to have more vibe than Salt Lake City. 

RIO has much better camera work. The one on SLC was poor. Too many shots from Row Z. 

8 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Yeah, I do! Actually, I even saved audio from Coachella pro-shots and keep it in iPhone for listening — they were mixed sound-wise with distinctive instruments and perfectly balanced crowd. And Nightrain from this show, which appeared later on SiriusXM, sounds perfect and is the best “Official” recording that we got from NITL. So, seems it depends on the venue — maybe festival teams are just more professional. 

Yet again, I’m not completely bitching the new release’s mixing...but it sounds like a video segment from a morning show. I think so anticipated live footage might have been treated better and produced to show all the mightiness of the band, not just to remind that they are still out there. 

That's how it should've sounded. Loud and punchy. Not like there's a blanket over the speaker. Almost sounds like there's a lot pass filter on the whole thing.

7 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

This is live music at its best: improvised... the fact is rock n roll bands aren’t orchestras. I personally like a bit of the sloppy and drunken vibe to my rock. 

But the clip I posted sounded fine to me, neither of the things you described. 

different ears and different tastes. That 93 clip has edge, the one released yesterday is sterile to me in comparison. But I get that’s some people’s thing.. 

What 1993 clip is this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Three months for Guns N' Roses to put out three live songs, while Powderfinger literally reunites for a virtual show that will begin in half an hour:

wow had no idea. Was never a big fan, but I went through a phase when living is Aus. I'll defo check this out, thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans.

If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this stuff should have been done months ago. Being appreciative isnt the point and we shouldnt have to be appreciative and kiss the bands arse when they do something like this. If the band want to keep the band in the public eye once we know what the future show dates will be doing these vids and putting them on the website keeps people interest. Its in the bands and TBs interest, not ours.

The backstage video footage that was put on the GNR website, and the fact that every NITL has video footage means that the band has access to video footage as it sees fit. Whoever is the video company , whether thats Universal or a third party is beside the point.

Who knows. Whoever manages the video footage, maybe fans like us. Who have approached the band numerous times to offer their services to put something like this together only to be ignored.

Sick of fans thinking we need to give praise and be appreciative when they do things like this. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band, doing these sort vids should be par for the course not just an excuse to throw the fans a bone every now and again. GNR should be seen as being the leaders and not the followers when  doing these sorts of band promotions.

👏👏👏 Agree 100%

And if I didn't care so much about GnR then it wouldn't matter to me so much how it looks and sounds. I'm being critical about it because I care a lot. I want my favorite band to look good and sound good.

10 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Bad* , Slashs guitar is way to high, there is no reverb no eq, no bass

nah again it's just not a A+ mix.

A dry mix isn't necessarily bad (in this case it's not great).

But just because something isn't exceptional doesn't mean it's trash (this forum is incapable of nuance ).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

nah again it's just not a A+ mix.

A dry mix isn't necessarily bad (in this case it's not great).

But just because something isn't exceptional doesn't mean it's trash (this forum is incapable of nuance ).

*Some people* remind me of a certain forum owner (J.) so much that it's astounding... :D

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans.

That's not entirely true.

When releasing proshots was suggested by a fan to Fernando he said things were already in motion.

Sick of fans thinking we need to give praise and be appreciative when they do things like this.

Lmao continue to be an absolute goal post mover then. But then don't get annoyed when TB stops interacting with fans due to "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

The entitlement is unreal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bland, boring, uninspired and highly manipulative footage. Well done Guns, you've outdone yourself again. My favourite band reduced to this. :cry: At least I'm used to it by now.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

*Some people* remind me of a certain forum owner (J.) so much that it's astounding... :D

Yes we've had the run around of old fans on here suggesting that anyone not trying to slate then band is someone else.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

That's not entirely true.

When releasing proshots was suggested by a fan to Fernando he said things were already in motion.

Lmao continue to be an absolute goal post mover then. But then don't get annoyed when TB stops interacting with fans due to "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

The entitlement is unreal.

Why would this be entitlement.?. As a fan ive long accepted no new material will surface and that GNR are purely a touring band. However like everyone else i REALLY want to be surprised with new recordings.

I couldnt care if fernando does or doesnt deal with the online fan community. Why does fernando conduct doing interviews via reddit and not Nightrain, the bands own official fan club forum or on their own facebook page?. Strikes me as a strange way to deal with fans.

After seeing the amount of unflattering comments in the bands facebook site about the GNR kids book, TB  doesnt need to ask the fans what they want.

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Why would this be entitlement.?. As a fan ive long accepted no new material will surface and that GNR are purely a touring band. However like everyone else i REALLY want to be surprised.

I couldnt care if fernando does or doesnt deal with the online fan community. Why does fernando conduct doing interviews via reddit and not Nightrain, the bands own official fan club forum?. Plus if Fernando has to ask after all these years what the fans want then he doesnt know the GNR community or "fam" as he calls it.

Literally "complaints, complaints, complaints"

And then "bUt WHy WOnT tB dO wHAt i WANT"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Literally "complaints, complaints, complaints"

And then "bUt WHy WOnT tB dO wHAt i WANT"

Your complaining about my post. So whos complaining?.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Your complaining about my post. So whos complaining?.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Some people would defend Axl against murder.

"It could have been worse. He could have killed 10 people. He only killed 5. It wasn't his fault either. You guys will look for any reason to hate on him!"

Man, you should have been here between 2003-2005. People got banned for critizing Axl permanently. Madison (a mod here, who banned many Axl critics) defended Axl so many times til Axl himself bad mouthed her online in a rage post :D

Edited by Creed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Man, you should have been here between 2003-2005. People got banned for critizing Axl.

I joined at the end of 2004, but at the time I was pretty much just getting heavily into Guns so I don't remember noticing. I was a wee lad just learning what it meant to be a fan!

When I put that in writing I can't believe it's been 16 years. I need to criticize myself. :lol:

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I joined at the end of 2004, but at the time I was pretty much just getting heavily into Guns so I don't remember noticing. I was a wee lad just learning what it meant to be a fan!

When I put that in writing I can't believe it's been 16 years. I need to criticize myself. :lol:

Oh, so you actually know the wild days here. I have edited my post. Haha.

• Like 1

I'm appreciative of the fact we got something other than shitty merch ideas and tour dates out of this band for once, but holy fuck is the mixing in the video abysmal.

Also very strange that Axl's clearly too insecure to have any close-up angles in the video.

12 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Do you still believe that?

I get that feel when listening to the old stuff, but now his playing is completely different imo.

His playing is totally different in this video mix. But everyone sounds different here, because Caram or Fernando tuned the soundboard.

36 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Some people would defend Axl against murder.

"It could have been worse. He could have killed 10 people. He only killed 5. It wasn't his fault either. You guys will look for any reason to hate on him!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man