NITL live videos on youtube

45 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I think they DO care very much about Youtube, live releases etc. They both are on not only on social media but do release (live) records on a regular basis.

...and that's exactly the point, why they are pretty sure not responsible for the 13 min. YT clip in any way, or do you really think, they would have accepted such a poor in sound and vision edited video ?

Edited by EricA

Why couldn't they just release a shagging statement on social media instead of this saying "We currently don't feel right putting out live videos during this time, when it's appropriate we'll start again. Stay safe" I mean, how I am I more professional than a guy who Is managing a multi million dollar band? He probably makes 10x times what I make in a year too... it must be so tough flying around the world on the bands $ "managing" everything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EricA said:

...and that's exactly the point, why they are pretty sure not responsible for the 13 min. YT clip in any way, or do you really think, they would have accepted such a poor in sound and vision edited video ?

Yes, I think they had to accept because its better than nothing. I think, if they hadn’t agreed on this video there would have been no video at all. I think the video is the compromise between Duff/Slash and Axl/TB. 

This is a joke. Here we are even giving advice on the illusions anniversary, if TB cant upload videos how the fuck can they be trusted to manage an anniversary release?. :lol:

Sometimes in world crisis music can bring people together but whatever. Id even have azoff, niven or Goldstein managing the band at this point or maybe duffs wife.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

This is a joke. Here we are even giving advice on the illusions anniversary, if TB cant upload videos how the fuck can they be trusted to manage an anniversary release?. :lol:

The box set is put together by the record company, not management, so there's a chance they'll actually put something great together if they're asking for input.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The box set is put together by the record company, not management, so there's a chance they'll actually put something great together if they're asking for input.

I hope so. I just hope TB can stay away from it otherwise he will throw in a kids book to the first 100 boxsets.

48 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Metallica must be seriously disrespecting world events as they have uploaded 4 full length concerts in the last month

I'd be willing to judge GNR on a curve.  Metallica has been offering live performance clips and video since 2003 (maybe longer).   I wouldn't judge GNR on Metallica standards, but rather on the good faith effort scale.

In the Metallica world, practically every single concert since 2004 is available for purchase or stream, while also slowly adding older concerts from their vault.  Metallica is doing everything that I wish GNR were doing.  There are a ton of examples of what I believe are successful models to extract money from fans, and take advantage of available tapes (video and audio).  And multiple artists have also made statements to reflect what they want to say during these difficult times, and continued weekly webcasts.

I don't perceive that there's been an effort, even after the demand for North Korean style praise for the NITL video.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would take that, would be way better than what we have now.

We have gotten more info (working on new music, previously leaked tour dates) fromher than what we had from TB.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

That comment is hilarious! 

If they want to pay respect, start the video with a mobile phone video of Axl saying "we stand with the BLM movement!". Metallica kept releasing their videos and just released a statement at the tip of the video showing solidarity. It's supposed to be an escape from the chaos... that's the point dumb dumb:facepalm: I guess the update on refunds is on hold too because of the protests🤣

Not doing anything and then saying oh it's because we respect you too much... laughable. Admit it, it's just too difficult to do something when you don't make buggar all from it financially. Fuck this disrespectful sham of a band. 

This. A comment/statement by Axl or the band right before the video(s) would reach millions of people ... in the majority white people. The band could use their brand to promote anti-racism and act as role models. 

But no. Guns N Roses indtead decided to help  black people by simply doing nothing, including not releasing hard rock videos. Its so damn ridiculous. 

As a white guy I am just ashamed that this stupid band really has the nerves to even use the black peoples suffering as an excuse for their own mismanagement. This tops it all. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I actually find it disrespectful that Fernando uses the  heartbreaking events on a worldwide basis as an excuse to not put out a couple of vids....I have not been around here very long and my excitement at finding this band is dissipating pretty quickly.  

This is exactly the same I was thinking at the same time :-)

1 hour ago, Rayno said:

Interesting HTGTH is down. Suitable, isn't it? Also happened before under very similar circumstances. Not trying to be paranoid or anything but I can see a pattern here :-)

Fuck htgth. My bet would be F'n-ando & J. studied 'social skills and communication' under the same asshole of a teacher. 

43 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

If this was a sports club, Fernando's ass would have so been fired by now. 

Wouldn’t have been hired to begin with. Anywhere, for that matter.  Nepotism at its finest...