NITL live videos on youtube

Just now, StayofExecution2020 said:

Well being lazy makes you useless in the end. Especially when you're the "manager" of a multi million dollar band

I doubt anyone is too lazy to make a tweet or post something on instagram.

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Slash & Duff are merely doing what Tommy and DJ/Robin/Ron did: playing the same setlist every night with little to no effort and cashing a paycheck. Doesn't seem like progress to me. 

hahaha, now thats funny.  One other small detail, Slash and Duff are part of the reason all the great songs exist, the others you mention were no different them members of a cover band.  I can play the drums, maybe I will take over for Frank and pretend i am part of the leagacy too

56 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

hahaha, now thats funny.  One other small detail, Slash and Duff are part of the reason all the great songs exist, the others you mention were no different them members of a cover band.  I can play the drums, maybe I will take over for Frank and pretend i am part of the leagacy too

You missed the point entirely. What Slash and Duff accomplished with GN'R previously has nothing to do with their current role. Their current role is to do exactly what I said: play more or less the same setlist every night, then cash a pay check. 

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You missed the point entirely. What Slash and Duff accomplished with GN'R previously has nothing to do with their current role. Their current role is to do exactly what I said: play more or less the same setlist every night, then cash a pay check. 

Okay, but you can’t discredit all the anticipation that was built up before 2016. Idk how so many people agree with that, its kinda sad honestly and shows the mentality of how ungrateful this community truly is

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Okay, but you can’t discredit all the anticipation that was built up before 2016. Idk how so many people agree with that, its kinda sad honestly and shows the mentality of how ungrateful this community truly is

LOL, what? 

There really wasn't a lot of build up in 2016. Slash put something on his ig page, then a think Duff did, then the Troub and Vegas shows happened, then the tour. Am I forgetting some other build up that happened?

Also, we were talking about 2016, we were talking about now. Slash & Duff have just been going through the motions like any other paid member of GN'R since 2001 or so. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, what? 

There really wasn't a lot of build up in 2016. Slash put something on his ig page, then a think Duff did, then the Troub and Vegas shows happened, then the tour. Am I forgetting some other build up that happened?

Also, we were talking about 2016, we were talking about now. Slash & Duff have just been going through the motions like any other paid member of GN'R since 2001 or so. 

I think we are on 2 different wave lengths and im just going to bow out because I don't think you even saw my original point. We are on completely different sections of the Carousel of Progress.

Totally see why you took a break from the discussion page Russ. Everything on here makes me sad nowadays.

The fact of the matter is this band has gone to shit and I think we can all agree on that...

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Look, it's fantastic to finally see them sharing a stage together again... but was it even close to even our more realistic expectations? Mostly no, with a few exceptions. 

Wildly successful, somewhat entertaining. It's not ungrateful so be kinda let down when you've waited 15/20 + yrs for something and then it's just... fine. Those guys should have had this entire board wetting their pants, what they had instead was a lot of people myself included  thinking it was a swing and a miss. So many reasons, but they've been listed so, so many times before.

The build up in 2016? You mean the rumours and speculation? I mean saying nothing was all they needed to do, but they did nothing... the build was solely down to people guessing and speculating.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think we are on 2 different wave lengths and im just going to bow out because I don't think you even saw my original point. We are on completely different sections of the Carousel of Progress.

Totally see why you took a break from the discussion page Russ. Everything on here makes me sad nowadays.

The fact of the matter is this band has gone to shit and I think we can all agree on that...

I did see your original post regarding GN'R not posting on social media for two weeks. 

What I was replying to was your further comment that GNR has somehow made progress since Slash & Duff came back. 

I mostly agree with the last part of your last post except that it's not everything that happens "on here" that's the problem. It's GN'Rs complete inability to move forward and their complete disregard for their fans that causes the situation we're all in now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I actually find it disrespectful that Fernando uses the  heartbreaking events on a worldwide basis as an excuse to not put out a couple of vids....I have not been around here very long and my excitement at finding this band is dissipating pretty quickly.  

If you’ve just found this band walk away. Just walk away now. It’s been mostly downhill circa 1991... It won’t get any better! 

• Haha 1

I dont agree that this 'band has gone to shit'.  This thread has got a little absurd (not everrybody).  I am disappointed that Fernando has not carried out his offer of downloading some vids and using the worlds problems to defend this, just atrocious of him.  But all the other negativiity just creates bad feeling instead of enjoying what GnR have done.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I dont agree that this 'band has gone to shit'.  This thread has got a little absurd (not everrybody).  I am disappointed that Fernando has not carried out his offer of downloading some vids and using the worlds problems to defend this, just atrocious of him.  But all the other negativiity just creates bad feeling instead of enjoying what GnR have done.  Just a thought.

Someone else just advised you to walk away from this band, as you've just found it. I could advise you to walk away from the forum :lol: It will always be like this, because more than probably GNR will never become a band of fan pleasers.

If something cool happens (granted: which isn't too often), for five minutes people will be over the moon, until people start noticing flaws and when you come back an hour later, it will be 80% negative. Maybe people who are positive aren't so outspoken. Or they think it's enough to say once they loved it. Some people feel like posting they don't like or downright hate something ten times in every thread in D+N. So they may seem louder.

If you want to enjoy your stay here, you shouldn't let it bother you. It is what it is.

24 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Axl does not see Fernando as a 'wanker' as he is family, indeed it probably makes him mad when he hears people name calling  which I would too if it were happening to one of my family.

That basically is why family should never be part of business. Considering nando would be earning 10 to 20% as the bands manager, where he says as towlie mentions the band as "my" and "we" tells me he is part of any band decisions , owns those decisions and is accountable for whatever happens. He runs the social media so is the bands official mouthpiece. If axl feels offended then do one of 2 things,

Have TB no longer involved and have GNR sign to a reputable management firm,or

Go above and beyond with giving more than what fans expect. Have a high standard. Prove that TB is the rolls royce of music management.

I really feel sorry for young people who have found this band for the first time and feel GNR could be their favourite band.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

That basically is why family should never be part of business. Considering nando would be earning 10 to 20% as the bands manager, where he says as towlie mentions the band as "my" and "we" tells me he is part of any band decisions , owns those decisions and is accountable for whatever happens. He runs the social media so is the bands official mouthpiece. If axl feels offended then do one of 2 things,

Go above and beyond with giving more than what fans expect. Have a high standard. Prove that TB is the rolls royce of music management.

I really feel sorry for young people who have found this band for the first time and feel GNR could be their favourite band.

On the bright side - MetallicA live in Melbourne 2013 is today’s offering on their channel.

If only GNR......🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

100%. Besides, I won’t ever understand the logic behind it anyway. One thing is being lazy or whatever. God knows Axl hasn’t exactly been the type who’d be plenty supportive regarding videos or any releases in general. But Nando has been in the business for twenty fucking years. He’s practically been a part of the family of the artist whose band he’s supposed to manage. He’s had everything handed to him – imagine just the contacts in the music industry he must have effortlessly obtained thanks to this. 
And yet he’s just at a loss as to what to do for the fans – he even has to ask people on the net what they would like to be released (and then fails to deliver anyway). There are frequently mentioned bands like Metallica – how hard is it to just take an example? What is the problem here? I refuse to believe Axl is constantly being a serious obstacle while Slash and Duff would go for it yet they’re not allowed to. 
Still, all I can really think of is sheer incompetence – or ignorance, at best. Every and each day I’m proven right. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

But all the other negativiity just creates bad feeling instead of enjoying what GnR have done. 

I think 99% of the people enjoy what GNR have done, otherwise they wouldn't be on this forum.. 

But I think also most people would like to enjoy what GNR does now, which isn't easy because the band does fuck all but playing shows with minimal effort and finding excuses for not doing anything else.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Oh, you can definitely tell Fernando thinks he's Gods gift. What kind of music manager releases a kids book using their own children's names? Fernando blurred the lines many years ago, he truly believes he is part of Guns N Roses. He refers to them as "his band", shows that "we played", tries to sell vanity project books about his kids under the GNR name. How Axl can't see what a wanker this guy is, fuck only knows.

It's 'We, Us' etc. all the way up to any specific questions about future plans or anything specific to the band, then it turns to 'They, Their, Them'

I have no problem with the kids book, every band is doing it... was it the release I wanted to hear about in 2020? was it the project I would have wanted the GNR manager to be putting his energy into above promotional videos for the band, or getting the next album closer to a release? HELL NO! that it popped up when it did was terrible timing... but I 100% guarantee that there was no major thought into when this book would come out. 

In my opinion without ever wanting to read or hear about this book again, it was more of a vanity project. If Fernando wanted to do a book, he could have just made it himself, got it bound etc. and just read to his kid... and nobody would have ever known. Maybe it's a nice story for kids? they have to learn about immigrants and fa.... 🤔 hmmm!? hopefully they proofread it😁

Edited by Tom2112
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why do you refuse to believe this? 

Multiple reasons. The situation has changed, it’s not like in the 90s any more, and it’s not Axl’s solo any longer either, and the other two guys must also have their say now. There is no reason to withhold quality video material if there’s any (and we know there is). Also, we’ve been told Axl is "not necessarily against all those bootlegs", right, ha ha. 
In fact, I believe there is a firm reason why we haven’t received a proper, full-on NITL DVD yet. Which is that the tour had been practically going on until recently. We don’t truly know what the playlist would have been come May and especially summer, but until they’d be completely done with the greatest hits, they wouldn’t have released the DVD for what I believe would be practical/financial reasons: which is that it could prevent a lot of people from buying tickets – they’d say, "well, I’ve already seen it on the DVD, no reason to go see the actual show, especially when I already witnessed the same playlist in 2016/17". So I believe we’ll get a DVD – after all, there’s money in it, right? 
As for the old bootlegs or any YT uploads as promised, I don’t know. The only reason I can think of why anyone would be against it could be that the band doesn’t look or sound like 30 years ago, particularly Axl, yes. But apart from this, Axl has no reason to block official video releases (especially considering Slash and Duff are a force that needs to be taken into account in decision-making, band direction, creating new material etc.) – of course, as long as their plan is not doing another NITL leg with two new cover versions and two other songs being played in a reversed order. 

Edited by jamillos

21 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Multiple reasons. The situation has changed, it’s not like in the 90s any more, and it’s not Axl’s solo any longer either, and the other two guys must also have their say now. There is no reason to withhold quality video material if there’s any (and we know there is). Also, we’ve been told Axl is "not necessarily against all those bootlegs", right, ha ha. 
In fact, I believe there is a firm reason why we haven’t received a proper, full-on NITL DVD yet. Which is that the tour had been practically going on until recently. We don’t truly know what the playlist would have been come May and especially summer, but until they’d be completely done with the greatest hits, they wouldn’t have released the DVD for what I believe would be practical/financial reasons: which is that it could prevent a lot of people from buying tickets – they’d say, "well, I’ve already seen it on the DVD, no reason to go see the actual show, especially when I already witnessed the same playlist in 2016/17". So I believe we’ll get a DVD – after all, there’s money in it, right? 
As for the old bootlegs or any YT uploads as promised, I don’t know. The only reason I can think of why anyone would be against it could be that the band doesn’t look or sound like 30 years ago, particularly Axl, yes. But apart from this, Axl has no reason to block official video releases (especially considering Slash and Duff are a force that needs to be taken into account in decision-making, band direction, creating new material etc.) – of course, as long as their plan is not doing another NITL leg with two new cover versions and two other songs being played in a reversed order. 

You reasoning isn't sound. 

Bands release live cds and DVDs all the time when either a tour is going a bit flat, or at the end of a cycle. It's a great promotion, and almost always leads to a resurgence in ticket sales. Most people have the thought "Oh shit... I haven't seen these guys before / In ages! I'm going next time they're around" The whole concept of live records was for this exact reason as well as to give the b version of a best of for new fans.

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You reasoning isn't sound. 

Bands release live cds and DVDs all the time when either a tour is going a bit flat, or at the end of a cycle. It's a great promotion, and almost always leads to a resurgence in ticket sales. Most people have the thought "Oh shit... I haven't seen these guys before / In ages! I'm going next time they're around" The whole concept of live records was for this exact reason as well as to give the b version of a best of for new fans.

I understand the point, but don’t forget that times have changed, and people react differently these days – they are way lazier, there’s more music and generally content than ever, and many people will stay at home and just watch the stuff on video. The purpose you’re mentioning is fulfilled by youtube videos, you don’t need a pro dvd for that. 
And if you look at it from the "less tickets, i.e. a financial loss" point of view that I suggested and that probably would correspond to TB’s philosophy, I think I have a strong case here. 

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Look, it's fantastic to finally see them sharing a stage together again... but was it even close to even our more realistic expectations? Mostly no, with a few exceptions. 

Wildly successful, somewhat entertaining. It's not ungrateful so be kinda let down when you've waited 15/20 + yrs for something and then it's just... fine. Those guys should have had this entire board wetting their pants, what they had instead was a lot of people myself included  thinking it was a swing and a miss. So many reasons, but they've been listed so, so many times before.

The build up in 2016? You mean the rumours and speculation? I mean saying nothing was all they needed to do, but they did nothing... the build was solely down to people guessing and speculating.

I think it hit my expectations really- initially. I wanted to see them play together in a show together that went well...and I got that. Loved every second of the shows I saw. 

The disappointment really comes from them still doing the same thing so many years later and a feeling that the whole thing has been thoroughly flogged to death. When you think it absolutely can't carry on......those inexplicable US stadium dates got announced! 

So I'd say the 'let down' feeling for me came late when it became evident things weren't changing and the years were going by in an endless loop. 

Now I'm very much of the opinion that if they don't want to new material, don't want to change things and try new stuff that's a chronic waste of potential, ability and talent....but they should also really call it a day. I've no desire to watch the band perform the same show progressively more bored, slowly and sloppily for any more years really. 

When a band are doing the same thing, same songs, even wearing the same clothes for years and years it's inevitable that comparisons are going to be made to the past, which are never going to go well. 

Basically, I'm bored, we're all bored and a large portion of the band now look bored onstage. That's an absolute crime given the fact this is a band built on excitement and passion. 

• Like 2