NITL live videos on youtube

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I understand the point, but don’t forget that times have changed, and people react differently these days – they are way lazier, there’s more music and generally content than ever, and many people will stay at home and just watch the stuff on video. The purpose you’re mentioning is fulfilled by youtube videos, you don’t need a pro dvd for that. 
And if you look at it from the "less tickets, i.e. a financial loss" point of view that I suggested and that probably would correspond to TB’s philosophy, I think I have a strong case here. 

If anything there's more tickets being sold in the last 3-5yrs than at any point in concert history. Youtube videos, dvds, cds are all promotion to lengthen your stay on the road. 

I get what you're saying about finances being the determining factor for what gets released but, I don't think it's the loss of revenue that could come from ticket sales... it's down to having to pay an editor to go through old footage, synching it and doing all that stuff... and then, the only revenue is from the adverts on youtube, and royalty payments... which are minimal and take a long time to come to fruition. TB/GNR like the easy money, anything "Long game" is not welcome :D

The concert tour canceled this year can be a positive. Like things with fam,friends may have had things changed because of the pandemic, even this band. Trying to put a positive spin because someone posted a thread calling for positives. GnR Big3 have time to revamp setlist, write a new song or 2 to put out for sale on line, and more. The management should, while the Band of 3 GnR is still hot off of 3.5 year ,550 million grossing tour highest Top 5 Tour, put out a dvd live for sale. Put out snippets on you tube. The only media source to connect to their public should be The Official GnR site. Not Reddit or stuff. Put out NITL monthly photo gallery, new pix. Once a month, each of The Band 3,  communicate Q& A.  Make sure their public stays interested  to buy GnR and not take their money to The Stadium Tour (MotelyCrue n company) or any of all the other shows rolling out 2021. 2021 is going to have concerts back to back weeks, music festivals big and small, local and national ones, jam packed because of 2020 shows postponed from music concerts to plays. Add the yearly sports events too . Maybe GnR Big3 n company feel their fans will pick GnR first since NITL was in Top 5 highest grossing ever tours.

Edited by Amaya
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If anything there's more tickets being sold in the last 3-5yrs than at any point in concert history. Youtube videos, dvds, cds are all promotion to lengthen your stay on the road. 

I get what you're saying about finances being the determining factor for what gets released but, I don't think it's the loss of revenue that could come from ticket sales... it's down to having to pay an editor to go through old footage, synching it and doing all that stuff... and then, the only revenue is from the adverts on youtube, and royalty payments... which are minimal and take a long time to come to fruition. TB/GNR like the easy money, anything "Long game" is not welcome :D

Well there are two parts. If we’re talking about a NITL DVD, I know people who went to see the band once but wouldn’t go again, especially if they could get some nice official footage. There you go. I believe TB couldn’t have not considered this attitude. And then there surely are these "less-than-casuals" who'd maybe have paid to see SCOM live but won’t if they can watch a DVD on a 90 inch TV while lying in the bed and stuffing themselves with pizza and beer. 
As for the old stuff, yes – but if 25-year old TV pro-shots could have been made in cool quality (and beautifully polished by fans later on), any guy with sufficient software could handle it nowadays. Again, as long as *someone* is not afraid of comparisons of the old and new eras. Oh well. 
But yes, TB apparently likes easy money, and since TB is not Slash’s and Duff’s side and Axl may not care too much, we’re basically kinda screwed...

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Well there are two parts. If we’re talking about a NITL DVD, I know people who went to see the band once but wouldn’t go again, especially if they could get some nice official footage. There you go. I believe TB couldn’t have not considered this attitude. And then there surely are these "less-than-casuals" who'd maybe have paid to see SCOM live but won’t if they can watch a DVD on a 90 inch TV while lying in the bed and stuffing themselves with pizza and beer. 
As for the old stuff, yes – but if 25-year old TV pro-shots could have been made in cool quality (and beautifully polished by fans later on), any guy with sufficient software could handle it nowadays. Again, as long as *someone* is not afraid of comparisons of the old and new eras. Oh well. 
But yes, TB apparently likes easy money, and since TB is not Slash’s and Duff’s side and Axl may not care too much, we’re basically kinda screwed...

Yeah of course there are those types, but I'm talking about frequent ticket buyers, and there are A LOT of those people (I'm one). There will always be the person who doesn't want to leave the house or says "Seen it before", but they are not the people that have the concert / ticket industry what it is now.

Don't forget that there's kids who watch that dvd, youtube clip etc. and think "when I'm older I'm going to see this band" When I was 10, that's what I was saying! I used to watch and rewatch the same shows everyday! I teach kids guitar and they tell me the exact same stuff! well the ones that really like music... again, those are the types that will continuously buy tickets irregardless of video content.

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah of course there are those types, but I'm talking about frequent ticket buyers, and there are A LOT of those people (I'm one). There will always be the person who doesn't want to leave the house or says "Seen it before", but they are not the people that have the concert / ticket industry what it is now.

Don't forget that there's kids who watch that dvd, youtube clip etc. and think "when I'm older I'm going to see this band" When I was 10, that's what I was saying! I used to watch and rewatch the same shows everyday! I teach kids guitar and they tell me the exact same stuff! well the ones that really like music... again, those are the types that will continuously buy tickets irregardless of video content.

Yes, these are the hope, these are the future... I mean, unless they go astray, lured by Biebers and Gagas of this world or by young drummers doing solos on platforms upside down! 

38 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think it hit my expectations really- initially. I wanted to see them play together in a show together that went well...and I got that. Loved every second of the shows I saw. 

The disappointment really comes from them still doing the same thing so many years later and a feeling that the whole thing has been thoroughly flogged to death. When you think it absolutely can't carry on......those inexplicable US stadium dates got announced! 

So I'd say the 'let down' feeling for me came late when it became evident things weren't changing and the years were going by in an endless loop. 

Now I'm very much of the opinion that if they don't want to new material, don't want to change things and try new stuff that's a chronic waste of potential, ability and talent....but they should also really call it a day. I've no desire to watch the band perform the same show progressively more bored, slowly and sloppily for any more years really. 

When a band are doing the same thing, same songs, even wearing the same clothes for years and years it's inevitable that comparisons are going to be made to the past, which are never going to go well. 

Basically, I'm bored, we're all bored and a large portion of the band now look bored onstage. That's an absolute crime given the fact this is a band built on excitement and passion. 

For me I was a let down because the energy and immediacy was completely gone, Slash was playing ok... Axl was singing ok, the band were in the background... I mean, had this happened in 2006 when I was going to my first few concerts I would have loved it... best concert ever! but now, I've seen some of the very best of the best live and my standards are just a little higher, So I'm not blown away. 

For me, It really didn't / doesn't have anything to do with being bored by the setlist or lack of new material.

Just now, jamillos said:

Yes, these are the hope, these are the future... I mean, unless they go astray, lured by Biebers and Gagas of this world or by young drummers doing solos on platforms upside down! 

I have them on mountain tops ripping Michael Angelo Batio solos, they are going to be fire breathers! 🤣

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

For me I was a let down because the energy and immediacy was completely gone, Slash was playing ok... Axl was singing ok, the band were in the background... I mean, had this happened in 2006 when I was going to my first few concerts I would have loved it... best concert ever! but now, I've seen some of the very best of the best live and my standards are just a little higher, So I'm not blown away. 

For me, It really didn't / doesn't have anything to do with being bored by the setlist or lack of new material.

I have them on mountain tops ripping Michael Angelo Batio solos, they are going to be fire breathers! 🤣

It was never going to be 1991 though....and I fully appreciated that as being fine. Can't hold back time etc. They looked engaged and into it, and I couldn't fault the effort. 

I just really didn't expect anything they did to become dull. 

Edited by allwaystired

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It was never going to be 1991 though....and I fully appreciated that as being fine. Can't hold back time etc. They looked engaged and into it, and I couldn't fault the effort. 

I just really didn't expect anything they did to become dull. 

I fully accepted that it would be different and nothing like '91, they would be older and less energetic etc... musically it was dull from the moment the hit the stage in vegas to now, I didn't account for that. 

Of course I have heard some great versions of songs, but it's so few and far between I'm just not that engaged, in comparison to say 2010 or even 2012!

14 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Sweet! I was at that Metallica gig, front row on the rail. 

Yep = GnR are the anti-Metallica :lol:

Quality. And they played a few rare treats too I gather. Love a bit of Leper Messiah. 🤟

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

I think 99% of the people enjoy what GNR have done, otherwise they wouldn't be on this forum.. 

But I think also most people would like to enjoy what GNR does now, which isn't easy because the band does fuck all but playing shows with minimal effort and finding excuses for not doing anything else.. 

I get it....

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

That is a truly vulgar way to claim respect for Floyds life and the larger movement. Also calling it global rather minimizes the atrocities that happen daily in the developing world that unfortunately dont get picked up on in the West (but I digress since no one gives a fuck, cant put that on this guy). But fuck. This has got to be an all new low?

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

That is a truly vulgar way to claim respect for Floyds life and the larger movement. Also calling it global rather minimizes the atrocities that happen daily in the developing world that unfortunately dont get picked up on in the West (but I digress since no one gives a fuck, cant put that on this guy). But fuck. This has got to be an all new low?

It's Funny that pug rapists like mojo are still trying to defend him on that.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I fully accepted that it would be different and nothing like '91, they would be older and less energetic etc... musically it was dull from the moment the hit the stage in vegas to now, I didn't account for that. 

Of course I have heard some great versions of songs, but it's so few and far between I'm just not that engaged, in comparison to say 2010 or even 2012!

I'm quite surprised to hear that to be honest- I didn't find it musically dull at all at first. I thought it sounded great. 

Yeah, i enjoyed those years too. I just wish they'd have made more of them on the creative side. 

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You missed the point entirely. What Slash and Duff accomplished with GN'R previously has nothing to do with their current role. Their current role is to do exactly what I said: play more or less the same setlist every night, then cash a pay check. 

my point was its there songs, so they might as well play them and make money.  The band as a whole, has not really done much more than play the old songs and collect a check, including axl

3 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

What an asshole.

Posting concert footage and civil unrest have nothing to do with each other.

This guy is just incredibly fucking lazy, and he has instilled that same laziness in the band.

I’ll start my own protest with a sign that reads “BRING BACK ALAN NIVEN”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

What an asshole.

Posting concert footage and civil unrest have nothing to do with each other.

This guy is just incredibly fucking lazy, and he has instilled that same laziness in the band.

I’ll start my own protest with a sign that reads “BRING BACK ALAN NIVEN”

Mine would say something like "Bring back Niven or Goldstein or Azoff or even Mercuriadis for all I care, basically just anyone to oust that brat F."
Kinda long, eh? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

"It's called respecting what's currently happening across the globe"

It's actually sensational how stupid and provocative that reply is.  It's like a really dumb little dick trying to fool everybody while doing the opposite of what he claims he's doing. Doesn't get much more disrespectful than this, Fernandon't.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

A band of that size being managed by someone like that... 

It must be a joke within the industry higher-ups. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm quite surprised to hear that to be honest- I didn't find it musically dull at all at first. I thought it sounded great. 

Yeah, i enjoyed those years too. I just wish they'd have made more of them on the creative side. 

I don't know how to explain, just a complete anti climax, but a lot more people enjoyed it obviously it just wasn't cooking for me.

Now... I went to see them twice and should have seen them in May too, so I'm obviously still on board! 

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It must be a joke 

AXl is the Joke.

You can bring the best Management in the world in and if Your boss in this case AXL won't do anything

it does not matter.

There is 50 pages about AXL hiding in the 13 Minute Video and You still think its the big 3 those actions say its the big 1.

Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by 80309561
Edit to Add
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2