NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

It’s not pointless, because there’s no particular aim or effort – it’s just venting frustration. 
And the guy doesn’t need much to get offended either. I mean, honestly, when you read his comments, he’s being sarcastic, condescending, and bitter even on the tiniest occasions. If he was a proper PR person and not just a gig-booking manager, he’d address the public – the fans community – properly. Yet he’s chosen shady unofficial platforms like Reddit or Discord, so how can one expect civilized conversations without trolls and jerks when one chooses such communication channels – and, above all, such kind of demeanour? 
I reckon you’re not completely one-sided, but what you have to understand is that this is what he’s chosen, and what’s been happening here all the time is mere action and reaction. Do you think people would prefer being constantly negative, frustrated, and butthurt if they didn’t have to? Sure, there may be some individuals, but in general, no. 
What goes around, comes around. 

I mean, we can’t seriously compare Guns with Metallica all the time, because we know Guns will never have this level of media/video releases/YT stuff. However, as for Nando, let’s take this example: they have some sort of official forum – Nightrain, right? (I’ve never been.) So why doesn’t he arrange some Qs and As with the members on like a quarterly basis or whatever? We’re talking about questions pre-chosen by the mods/admins so as to avoid hissy fits and other mess, kind of like it happened here and elsewhere with "Dexter". It would/could clear up a lot of stuff, and even he himself would have a better feeling about the overall communication. 
Another thing is, if Nando doesn’t want to do that or is not really capable of, would it be so hard to hire a PR person with real experience? Nando has no experience of this kind other than with GNR afaik, and that’s not real experience, that’s just a pile of crap. 
Yet all we’re presented with all the time is him being at a loss regarding fans communication. I understand Axl and Slash are old-school guys, so I wouldn’t expect too much from them in this regard, but this guy is a generation younger – but still sounds like a 60-year old grumpy dude who can’t, for the love of god, come to terms with the whole thing. 
Bottom line: we’re not the ones who are attacking him/TB out of pleasure; it’s his/their incompetence (whether to act or to hire someone who can), and in that case, the consequences he has to face are fully justified. 
Off the soapbox now. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

It’s not pointless, because there’s no particular aim or effort – it’s just venting frustration. 
And the guy doesn’t need much to get offended either. I mean, honestly, when you read his comments, he’s being sarcastic, condescending, and bitter even on the tiniest occasions. If he was a proper PR person and not just a gig-booking manager, he’d address the public – the fans community – properly. Yet he’s chosen shady unofficial platforms like Reddit or Discord, so how can one expect civilized conversations without trolls and jerks when one chooses such communication channels – and, above all, such kind of demeanour? 
I reckon you’re not completely one-sided, but what you have to understand is that this is what he’s chosen, and what’s been happening here all the time is mere action and reaction. Do you think people would prefer being constantly negative, frustrated, and butthurt if they didn’t have to? Sure, there may be some individuals, but in general, no. 
What goes around, comes around. 

Fernando acts just like his mom. I still remember getting into arguments with Beta over her terrible attitude over on the other forum years ago. Such abrasive entitled people. Good times. 

• Like 1