NITL live videos on youtube

20 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Fernandid! Let's see how this looks. I don't remember much about the Download show. Was there any particularly good performance? 

Slither was pretty good. Audience was awesome!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

But I thought you wanted more Not In This Lifetime Selects?` OH wait. 

I've personally never wanted any NITL video.

Just now, sl4yer said:

Slither was pretty good. Audience was awesome!

Any version of Slither with Axl and Frank playing on it goes in the category of "dog shit".

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

From the Instagram and Twitter snippet, the audio is not mono, but somehow Slash's guitar is in the center channel.

They just didn't do channel/stereo separation on his guitar, kinda like the UYI bootlegs--i.e. Chicago and Oklahoma, the drums, audience are in stereo; but both guitars are in the center

4 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Download Festival? Really? The haven't found anything better? Beginning of the leg, Axl is still in "charging up" mode, and we've already seen footage from there. Seems to me it was just available from promoters. 

Yes, Download is a strange choice. I remember watching that all excited and then my heart dropping the moment Axl decided not to go for the higher notes in the key bit of YCBM but sang in lower register. I understand why, we all get old and I know he's not getting any younger, it's a really hard song to sing right. And I know one shouldn't really have heroes, but I always feel great when Axl does well, and that was the first time I've ever seen him have to completely drop a note like that in that song (not even do a clean high, just completely drop octaves). It was sad to watch. Only because I want him to do well and I'm always rooting for him because I know he's the best. I can't watch it. A bit like I can't watch Gran Torino because Clint dies in the end! I want to see our 'heroes' win. 

• Like 1

So the videos are getting longer as we work back the years, eh? Half hour for 2018 versus 15 minutes for 2019. So, one can hope that after the one hour long 2017 video we get a full on 2016 performance! I know, I'll keep dreaming.

Strange show choice once again on the Axl front but looking forward to it nevertheless.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Yes, Download is a strange choice. I remember watching that all excited and then my heart dropping the moment Axl decided not to go for the higher notes in the key bit of YCBM but sang in lower register. I understand why, we all get old and I know he's not getting any younger, it's a really hard song to sing right. And I know one shouldn't really have heroes, but I always feel great when Axl does well, and that was the first time I've ever seen him have to completely drop a note like that in that song (not even do a clean high, just completely drop octaves). It was sad to watch. Only because I want him to do well and I'm always rooting for him because I know he's the best. I can't watch it. A bit like I can't watch Gran Torino because Clint dies in the end! I want to see our 'heroes' win. 

I'm watching the video, didnt see parts where he drops an octave or a note 

Just now, James Bond said:

So the videos are getting longer as we work back the years, eh? Half hour for 2018 versus 15 minutes for 2019. So, one can hope that after the one hour long 2017 video we get a full on 2016 performance! I know, I'll keep dreaming.

Strange show choice once again on the Axl front but looking forward to it nevertheless.

Do you think TB even know Axl is struggling in these shows? Perhaps it is awkward to talk about and they are under the impression it's all amazing until they listen back (if they ever even do)....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

I'm watching the video, didnt see parts where he drops an octave or a note 

4:24-4:29 

Admittedly doesn't sound as bad as I remember on the feed I watched! But he definitely drops an octave into a deeper rasp and misses a note (I feel evil now picking, I couldn't sing this well along with all the other stuff he sings!) 

• Like 2