NITL live videos on youtube

Just now, thomasmcole said:

When the band don't post a video they get shit. When they post a video they also get shit, no pleasing some people.

Sure it isn't perfect (afterall it is a live performance), but i am grateful the band are doing this and look forward to the next one! 

No- people just discuss their thoughts on what they see.

Just because they've out something out there, doesn't mean everyone should think it's incredible! People have opinions! 

21 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Right... so he purposely sings it WRONG, because he wants to... :blink::facepalm::lol:

Yeah ‘cos singing in time is too much for one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time, if only he had learnt that at some stage over the past 40yrs, imagine what he could have become? Maybe when he gets better at this “singing in time” he’ll really develop into something. Is there anything else you think he could learn?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

No- people just discuss their thoughts on what they see.

Just because they've out something out there, doesn't mean everyone should think it's incredible! People have opinions! 

Completely agree, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Reading through the comments it comes across as bashing as opposed to anything constructive though, just my opinion :)

• Like 2

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

But when they are positive people say are you blind? or its quite sad some people think this is good.

Let people live. This performance is C+B- range IMO and the first video I gave a D+ to C-

Just healthy debate! Some people will like stuff, others not I guess. Fair enough. 

I'd probably agree on that grading. SCOM sounded shocking and devoid of life to me, others sounded better. Mixed bag. 

Recording and quality were WAY better though, undoubtedly. 

1 minute ago, thomasmcole said:

Completely agree, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Reading through the comments it comes across as bashing as opposed to anything constructive though, just my opinion :)

Ah, it's how you read it I think. Just think of it all as healthy debate. Some are bashing, some not, but it's all good. Just nice to have something to actually discuss the merits of! 

• Like 1

Anybody else missing some noise from the audience here and there?

ok to be fair, there is some at SCOM, but most of the time it feels like watching a live performance without getting any concert vibe at all, but maybe it's just me, for whom it feels weird:shrugs:

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BreakDown2014 said:

The guitar work on Rocket Queen sounds really really good. A proper mixing really makes a huge difference, sounds like a different band. Great job Team Brazil!

Slash managed to ruin all the solos by playing a fast and feelingless even on YCBM's solo. The band is a horror show. The least embarrassing song was Attitude.

47 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The mix was better, but still poor! Positive is tou could clearly hear Axl. The drum mix was poor, almost zero of the overheads, you could barely hear the ride, crashes and hats it was basically all kick and snare and they were fairly drowned out in places... eq, compression it's really not difficult to make a half decent powerful drum sound. The mix like ths last one, does not capture the power of the band live.

I agree. It still has that blanket over the speakers sound, like they rolled off a bunch of high end.

• Like 2

It is not possible that nobody in the band is realizing that everything is shit, from the rhythm of the songs, the voice of Axl, Slash playing without feeling destroying the solos for wanting to play fast. I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE TRIAL OF SLASH PLAYING FAST he was never good at it! I want to see old Slash playing with feeling.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I get what he's trying to do with the chorus of Slither: a harmony with Duff singing lower and him singing higher. As an idea it's not bad at all, I think it would sound fantastic with his classic high-pitched raspy voice. But he doesn't have this voice anymore, so...

Yeah, it sounds like that's what they were going for, but it's as you said...

Maybe they should try to work out a harmony with Axl and Melissa (Axl singing lower, Melissa higher). I like her singing and wouldn't mind hearing her more prominently during shows, even though the idea probably makes some purists recoil in horror :lol:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree. It still has that blanket over the speakers sound, like they rolled off a bunch of high end.

Yeah, when they have Caram on payroll why not use him? the guy would have this performance 100% better in about 20 minutes. I have no explanation for not using him to at least achieve a balanced... not looking for the quality of a official dvd release, but I would like something in the middle, between this and a good HQ mix. Not on the cards, but maybe if enough people bend Fernando's ear he might pull the finger and the cheque book out.

• Like 2

In a perfect word, they would take the audio tapes for Download, give it a proper mix so that all instruments would be clear, bring Axl's voice up and release this puppy. Would be a good capture of a festival gig. Yes, there are missteps, but heck, it's a live concert doesn't have to be perfect. Just give it a proper mix. 

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

Axl sounds decent here, and this is the best you’re gonna get now on tough songs like YCBM and SCOM. Not much rasp, but he’s getting through the words and hitting the notes. If you’re expecting different it’s time to adjust your expectations unfortunately.

edit: Slither does suck though

Adjust your expectations is fan speak for It's not good, but just like it any way!!

We all know he can do better on SCOM... he sounds terrible, I love his voice when he chooses to use it but If this was the first time hearing these songs there's not a chance in hell I'd be a fan of this band. I'm not adjusting my expectations, I expect the musicians I pay exceptionally high ticket prices to sing to a minimum standard, and in my book that SCOM vocal is about a 4/10. I would find it hard to believe he would stand over this and say "I really like how I sound on this".

I enjoyed parts, and I'm glad some of ye enjoyed most or all of it! I'm not trying to change your minds, I'm just saying what I heard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Adjust your expectations is fan speak for It's not good, but just like it any way!!

We all know he can do better on SCOM... he sounds terrible, I love his voice when he chooses to use it but If this was the first time hearing these songs there's not a chance in hell I'd be a fan of this band. I'm not adjusting my expectations, I expect the musicians I pay exceptionally high ticket prices to sing to a minimum standard, and in my book that SCOM vocal is about a 4/10. I would find it hard to believe he would stand over this and say "I really like how I sound on this".

I enjoyed parts, and I'm glad some of ye enjoyed most or all of it! I'm not trying to change your minds, I'm just saying what I heard.

I wouldnt be disappointed if the band ended up dropping SCOM from future setlists.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wouldnt be disappointed if the band ended up dropping SCOM from future setlists.

At this point they either get it sounding good one way or another (possibly rearrange it, or change the key)... they can't drop it because it's their biggest song... but fuck, if it was based on how well the perform it? I would drop the song in a second along with 90% of their major hits. The set would filled with deep cuts so we'd be over the moon!

SCOM could be performed acoustically for a tour, would be something different and might make the guys excited about performing it. I guess playing a song for the 10000th time might be a bit of a drag... but watching 100000 people jump and sing to it cannot not be amazing, no matter how many times you see it!

6 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

The mixing made Rocket Queen sound like a brilliant effort from the band

I normally hate RQ now, but somehow I enjoyed this version. Still not in love with the huge middle solo section, but I guess it is what is! guitar players love to play😴 And the drums under the slide solo... just no! different is sometimes good, but in this instance it's a swing and a miss!

• Like 1