RussTCB

RussTCB Stepping Down

17 hours ago, Coma16 said:

You will be missed @RussTCB. Glad you'll still be sticking around!

Thanks for saying that :)

10 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Wow, it wont be the same without you, you will be really missed.  Good luck with your podcast and lets hope GnR do something positive to enable you to come back:lol:

Thanks! I'll post in the GN'R section again, most likely well before they do something positive lol, but it'll be a bit. Just need a break :)

10 hours ago, gunsguy said:

With all my years here and great times and not so great times with the band and staff one guy will always stand out to me as a member of the team and that guy is Russ.  Love him or not he is a stand up guy and a genuine fan of Rock N' Roll.  Gonna miss him on the team absolutely.  The great news for me is he has become much more to me than the Admin to mygnrforum.  Thank you Russ for everything you have done for us!  Gonna miss your team spirit!

Right on man, thanks for the kind words. I've had some very disappointing moments (all due to GN'R) over my time here but the real life friends absolutely outweigh all of the bad things!

Damn, one twitter feud between Axl and a member of the president’s cabinet was all it took to send @RussTCB running for the hills eh?

In all seriousness, thanks for everything man. This place has gone through lots of ups and downs, but your presence has definitely increased the ups. Hope stepping away from the staff role helps you to enjoy the day to day around this nuthouse a little more. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

So...does this mean @RussTCB is no longer "TCB"? :book: 

Haha, not on the forum, no. But I'll be taking care of business elsewhere in life! :)

6 hours ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Who am I gonna suck up to now? GGs, dude! Glad you're not off the forum for good.

Haha, thanks. Yeah, I don't have any interest in leaving the community just need a break from caring about GN'R way more than they care about themselves haha. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Well, I just learned something. That's what the TCB stood for. :lol:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yeah, it's an Elvis thing :)

Posted (edited)

Awww Russ, this saddens me you are stepping down, but at least I will still see you in the MW/movie section..I'll take it!!! :shades:

Thanks again for everything you have done in this forum over the long, very long years!!!! :headbang:

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russ, 

we didn't have a lot to do with each other but I have to say I always appreciated your posts and your way to lead this forum. You were a great mod and it's sad that you give up your assignment. You are a big loss for the GNR section IMO and hopefully something like new music will change your mind again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Russ, 

we didn't have a lot to do with each other but I have to say I always appreciated your posts and your way to lead this forum. You were a great mod and it's sad that you give up your assignment. You are a big loss for the GNR section IMO and hopefully something like new music will change your mind again.

Thanks for saying that :)

I'll definitely return to the GN'R section at some point (actually, I'm gonna bump a thread in a min lol) but for now I've just completely burned myself out of GN'R. 

• Like 1

Man you get more attention for leaving the News section than Ashba had for leaving GNR! :lol: See ya around. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Man you get more attention for leaving the News section than Ashba had for leaving GNR! :lol: See ya around. 

Wait til you see the reaction when I launch TCBWater (tm) haha 

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

That's cuz only one of them was any good at their job! :lol:

I literally laughed out loud haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/22/2020 at 12:22 AM, James Bond said:

Was sat trying to work that out for ages

I was certain it stood for To Claim Booty

On 5/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, alfierose said:

Me! Welcome to your new Overlord (Lady???) :lol:

1*Q4HsaUiqHXK89YiX8vclKg.jpeg

I'm so turned on right now

• Haha 3

RussTCB retiring as an admin affected me more than DJ Ashba leaving GN'R. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm so turned on right now

By Ms Trunchable?

Wow, very sad to see you go. I always looked forward to reading your observations in the threads, especially when the topics got hot. Thanks for helping make the forum what it is today. 

On 5/21/2020 at 4:22 PM, James Bond said:

I had been wondering about that myself for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw this now! It’s sad to see you go but I totally understand it!

I’m sure we’ll have plenty of conversations in the sub forums in the future though! :)

5 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I saw this now! It’s sad to see you go but I totally understand it!

I’m sure we’ll have plenty of conversations in the sub forums in the future though! :)

Right on, I'll be very active in My World at the very least :)

Wow, just found out about it. Well, I can only say: thanks for your time, it's totally understandable to want to move on. I did so myself somewhere else. 

For the rest of the forum staff: good luck. :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your efforts and your balanced approach to moderating also! Glad you are sticking around, you love a lot of music that’s obvious and music needs to be discussed! See you in My World 

• Thanks 1

Well, Use My Disillusion...I've just found out about this ANNOUNCEMENT now.

Thank you @RussTCB for everything that you've done here!  You're an inspiration to all music lovers of every genre.

Keep Going and Keep Smiling. 

• Thanks 1