First 3 cds you ever bought?

megaguns1982

The earliest compact discs I had were Meatload's Bat out of Hell 2 (I know!), Use Your Illusion I (upgrading from cassette), Nevermind and ''the black album''. I cannot quite recall the sequencing of purchase but they were the first few I owned when I finally progressed from cassette to cd.

(Earliest cassettes by the way: Off the Wall and Bad, Hendrix hits album - Ultimate Experience and some Jive Bunny nonsense). 

I think it was The Offspring -Smash and Radiohead- Ok Computer. I'm struggling to remember a 3rd, it might have been Cypress Hill. 

I know when my first student loan came through I bought a CD player and a bunch of CDs and those are the ones I can remember.

Prior to that I was existing with cassettes and a Sony Walkman.:lol:

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

The first CD i bought was Country Grammar by Nelly.

This was one of the albums that I should have been embarassed about owning but wasn't, 'street sweeper baby, cocked, ready to let it go', Nelly was a bad motherfucker really, he just appealled to the girls.

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I think it was The Offspring -Smash

I had that too, that album was massive back in the day, I was in secondary school when that came out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Used to have this load of bollocks on cassette,

220px-Rave92.jpg

''Eezer Goode, 'Eezer Goode / He's Ebeneezer Goode".

"Your name's not down, you're not coming in".

1991-1993 I loved Happy Hardcore 😁Carl Cox, Slipmatt, Hixxy, DJ Dougal. There's only so long you can be interested in it though when your 11 years old and still too young to go to a club and take drugs. If I'd been born 5 years earlier I would have been a proper rave casualty. Meeting up along the M4 and ending up gurning my face off in a field at 9am on a Tuesday morning.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

1991-1993 I loved Happy Hardcore 😁Carl Cox, Slipmatt, Hixxy, DJ Dougal. There's only so long you can be interested in it though when your 11 years old and still too young to go to a club and take drugs. If I'd been born 5 years earlier I would have been a proper rave casualty. Meeting up along the M4 and ending up gurning my face off in a field at 9am on a Tuesday morning.

DJ CLARKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, PEACE TO THE WHOLE FUCKIN' NATION! :lol:  Same thing as you though, I was a fucking child when that shit was going on and like, as you say, how long can you be interested in shit you can't participate in.  Made up for it in later years my doing a ridiculous amount of E though.  And Jungle man, Jungle was the fuckin' thing!

God, I hated that hardcore crap... it came out of my country, almost everyone was into it, wearing australians, shaving their heads, high on xtc. Very aggressive bunch of people. I was one of the few alternative dudes in my high school, rock and alternative had become a dirty word like disco was in the 70's. You got beat up for looking alternative and having long hair. How I managed 4 years of high school with a bunch of neo-nazis and making it out alive I will never know.

39 minutes ago, EvanG said:

God, I hated that hardcore crap... it came out of my country, almost everyone was into it, wearing australians, shaving their heads, high on xtc. Very aggressive bunch of people. I was one of the few alternative dudes in my high school, rock and alternative had become a dirty word like disco was in the 70's. You got beat up for looking alternative and having long hair. How I managed 4 years of high school with a bunch of neo-nazis and making it out alive I will never know.

That is an exact mirror image of my school years.  Precisely what you've described here, a 'greasy metaller' was about the worst thing you could possibly be.  It goes to show you all that exstacy/second summer of love/hug drug bullshit was a load of crap, it was like lads, working class lads, very aggressive football fan working class lads into that shit and they didn't tolerate alternatives.  It kinda makes you look at the original summer of love, or did with me, and think, well, was it really like that?  Is any new wave/new way thing ever as advertised on the packet, or is it just a bunch of zealots with the latest brand of cultural fascism?  

Thats no fault of the music though, or the idea behind it, thats a fault of execution.  Believe it or not that shit all has its roots in punk.  

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That is an exact mirror image of my school years.  Precisely what you've described here, a 'greasy metaller' was about the worst thing you could possibly be.  It goes to show you all that exstacy/second summer of love/hug drug bullshit was a load of crap, it was like lads, working class lads, very aggressive football fan working class lads into that shit and they didn't tolerate alternatives.  It kinda makes you look at the original summer of love, or did with me, and think, well, was it really like that?  Is any new wave/new way thing ever as advertised on the packet, or is it just a bunch of zealots with the latest brand of cultural fascism?  

Thats no fault of the music though, or the idea behind it, thats a fault of execution.  Believe it or not that shit all has its roots in punk.  

Worst part is that most of my friends turned into that. In the early 90's they were still into GnR, Nirvana, and all those bands from that time, then a couple of years later when we were all in high school and the hardcore house scene had gotten mainstream, a lot of them changed and suddenly despised anyone who was into music with guitars (and uhm, apparently melody?), even though a few years earlier they were still rocking out to GnR.

I saw a documentary on that whole gabber scene in the Netherlands in the 90's a few years ago and I don't want to generalize, a lot of them were apparently really passionate about the music and lived for those raves and didn't hurt anyone. But a big part of that group, or at least the ones I had to deal with, had turned into this hating, aggressive group of people who would beat up anyone different from them. Unfortunately I went to high school in the worst possible era and with the worst bunch of people.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I have worn a lot of things in my time but never attempted an entire Australian!

only reason I listened to hardcore were those cool drawings on the thunderdome cd's, and because I thought with such music I could impress this girl I liked.

as for the music itself: dreadful shite. I think I lost a bit of my sanity after listening to that kind of music.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have worn a lot of things in my time but never attempted an entire Australian!

This is what they wore, like, every single day. I don't know if the brand is actually called ''australian'' but that's what everyone called them.

Hard-Wear Nr 1 Online Gabber & Streetwear Store Australian jack ...

Edited by EvanG