Something to actually look forward to: Queen is live streaming the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert today

And thats that....

Stream topped out at 113,000 people, probably the same amount that were there that day. 

I think it also raised about $120,000... thats fucking amazing for an almost 30 year old show.

Liza pulled the most viewers at the end there, but Axl and Elton did pretty well. 

Now back to your regularly schedualed GNR programming.... whatever that is.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Man, George Michael really had one of the most beautiful voices ever.

He was an amazing songwriter too. 'Cowboys And Angels' is one of the best songs ever written. His performance at the Freddie tribute was immaculate, imo one of the greatest live performances ever recorded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

He was an amazing songwriter too. 'Cowboys And Angels' is one of the best songs ever written. His performance at the Freddie tribute was immaculate, imo one of the greatest live performances ever recorded.

Jesus to a Child is one of the only songs that makes me teary if I listen to it. There's just something about it that's really from the soul.

He did incredibly well for a singer that started out quite 'boyband'. He really grew as an artist.

• Like 4

I'm watching it now.  My memory is fuzzy after 30 years but I remember watching this over & over on MTV back then.  I remember some of the bands also had their sets mixed in or maybe that was the way MTV cut the show?  Was that a different day of the concert or something?  I seem to remember GNR being on during daylight.

1 hour ago, Chewy2 said:

I'm watching it now.  My memory is fuzzy after 30 years but I remember watching this over & over on MTV back then.  I remember some of the bands also had their sets mixed in or maybe that was the way MTV cut the show?  Was that a different day of the concert or something?  I seem to remember GNR being on during daylight.

Nope. It was all in one go. First the band individual performances, then the Queen performance with guest singers stepping in. Only U2 was a transmission, as they were on tour in the US. It was amazing. Even the pay TV channel broadcast that show live and for free. It was an event. Even though I though the GNR song choice boring and had hoped for more songs.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, alfierose said:

Jesus to a Child is one of the only songs that makes me teary if I listen to it. There's just something about it that's really from the soul.

He did incredibly well for a singer that started out quite 'boyband'. He really grew as an artist.

"Careless whisper" is where it's at. Also "Freedom". Yeah. He had some great Songs.

• Like 1