Old rumor/theory - was The General was reworked into a song called Y Volvi Para Creer by Jaguares?

• 3 years later...
On 5/17/2020 at 7:18 PM, Pele said:

I recently remembered a guy on GNREvo saying that The General had been given to another band, and he put the YouTube song up.

This was before Evader put the clip out for us all to hear, so I thought it would be interesting to compare.

Here was his explanation:

I was road manager in Universal Mexico and I was assigned to "Jaguares", a Mexican rock band.

I don't remember but in 2010 the lead singer from the band was in "writers block" so we want to help. We call to HQ in USA and they send us a couple of CDS from "Untitled Project CD", we convince to Saul (lead singer) to give a chance and he likes a "BAND JAM RNG" and he creates a song from that audio.

We were wondering about the band who record that and we were very surprised when the HQ call us to say "Its a Guns N Roses song, Axl Rose is working right now". I and another 6 guys were fired because Axl Rose was very fucking angry. Its was the first version of "The General".

The audio is similar - you can kinda sing the 'do you recall who would do this to you, do this, to you' bits over it.  Official (I think) link below.

Turns out it's not "who would do this to you" in the song, but "oooo ooh" 

We were way off... Haha

6 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Turns out it's not "who would do this to you" in the song, but "oooo ooh" 

We were way off... Haha

@Mindray11 (the guy who recorded it in Vienna) told us multiple times it was "ooh ooh". We just didn't listen. Once you hear Evader's version it's hard to unhear it in the cellphone clip though.

• Like 3