Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

Let’s be honest... how many Bands in the world have the pressure to release a good to really good album as GNR may have? I mean, the foo fighters can release a mediocre album and people would still buy it and media wouldn’t be so harsh on them. I know, Axl has done that himself to GNR, mainly because of the delay of CD and the next album. But if they were to release a 6 points out of 10 album media would destroy them. Not that I blame criticism for the delay but it must be hard in a way to work under a lot of pressure 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There was no global pandemic between 2009 - (Dec) 2019 whilst the band were officially about to ''start looking very seriously at what'' they're ''doing in that regard'', yet suddenly, spring 2020, we are led to believe COVID-19 is this mass impediment to new music!

Who is he trying to kid?

There actually was a global pandemic in 2009, H1N1.

1 hour ago, slash23579 said:

Yeah I don't really buy into the fact that COVID-19 prevented any sort of new music release from GNR. I actually understand not wanting to release new music during this worldwide crisis, but I truly believe that pandemic or no pandemic, no music was planned to be released this year at all. If they wanted to make 2020 their big year where they finally release a new album, we would have had at least some sort of info by the Super Bowl show they played. Before the shit hit the fan with the pandemic, we had the whole "no idea how to release music anymore" excuse and they probably would've kept using that one for a while. The pandemic is an easy excuse to switch over to because that's an actual legitimate reason, not this "How do we release music again?" bullshit we all saw right through. I do believe that Fernando is either expecting or at least hoping for new material from them, and is trying to be optimistic even if what he says never happens. I'm sure he's trying his best and I'm not blaming Fernando for what the band does/doesn't do, I just don't see new GNR material coming for a very long time, if ever.

Replace the word “band” with “Axl”.

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There were also two utterly bizaare 'hell tour 1985' shirts released last week, which look incredibly odd and basic and like zero effort had gone into them. 60 dollars too! 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/fathers-day

I’ve never understood the wearing of a brand new tshirt advertising a decades old tour or gig. On a polo shirt it makes no sense. 

It also breaks Commandment # 3 of concert goers: thou shalt not wear a shirt from a gig thou did not attend..... 

Is it possible he meant new tunes would have been played on the tour had it gone ahead? That’s what he meant by delayed with covid 19?

(I’ll believe new material as I did with CD, when I hear it) 

Edited by Powderfinger

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There were also two utterly bizaare 'hell tour 1985' shirts released last week, which look incredibly odd and basic and like zero effort had gone into them. 60 dollars too! 

I'm tired of being negative, I really am. But they keep on begging for it. 60 dollars for such a piece of shit shirt?? WTF, again and again.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There was no global pandemic between 2009 - (Dec) 2019 whilst the band were officially about to ''start looking very seriously at what'' they're ''doing in that regard'', yet suddenly, spring 2020, we are led to believe COVID-19 is this mass impediment to new music!

Who is he trying to kid?

Add to that, there was absolutely no indication that an album was on the horizon before Covid-19 hit. Why on earth would they be spending the majority of 2020 doing NITL shows if they had a new album to tour? Bands and music artists call their tours after the albums they are promoting. The fact that Guns were still billing this as NITL, is a strong indication if any were needed, that no new album was going to be released in 2020.

You don't release an album in the middle of a nostalgia hits tour, finish the nostalgia tour and then announce a tour for the new album. Makes no sense.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Obviously Fernando is not very well liked here!   I am not too sure what being so negative will accomplish and as a new person here it has made me feel rather sorry for him.   I find it so disrespectful that somebody recorded this chat when he asked them not too, I would say it was non too honerable.

But who am I to comment as you have all been here a long while.

I thought he came across as a genuine good bloke. But way out of his depth as manager of a huge Rock N Roll band. He's clueless. 

• Like 1

I reckon Slash and crew would be busy recording more material.

Every one knows slash either needs to tour or record or he goes crazy.

Out of this pandemic we will the very least get more slash either it will be gnr, smkc or solo.

Just gotta hope that Axl too is recording.

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It just seems like a never ending circle with this band. Fernando did this chat 11 days ago, and not once did anyone say in that chat “give us more cool merch.” It was all asking for more interaction and MUSIC in any capacity weather it be old or new.

6 days after this, they give us a Pandemic related piece of merch and then radio silence for 5 days straight. 

Did anyone really learn anything? Does anyone really care anymore?

I guess we take away that we'll be in the same situation as this next year talking about the same thing. But we already knew this

24 minutes ago, WildStar said:

I thought he came across as a genuine good bloke. But way out of his depth as manager of a huge Rock N Roll band. He's clueless. 

I think the guy gets a hard time. It's Axl Rose who is responsible for GNR and it's ridiculous lack of new music over the last 30 years. Fans should direct their frustrations at the organ grinder, not the monkey. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think the guy gets a hard time. It's Axl Rose who is responsible for GNR and it's ridiculous lack of new music over the last 30 years. Fans should direct their frustrations at the organ grinder, not the monkey. 

100 percent.

Do you think Axl has lost all interest and his goal now is to make a load of dosh and scram?  I am perplexed, if they are not going to do anything more except tour then why not just say so...hmmm.  Or maybe they like playing cat and mouse.

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

That's true. Not sure where fans can direct their frustration. To a Twitter account that he logs in to 5 times a year?