Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

No one is saying guns aren't working on new music atm.

Axl's been working for decades at this point on some of his songs.

Right, releasing is another matter.

I just thought of something and wouldn't this be awful. But remember the story of Axl having the first version of "This I Love" being deleted. What if, on his deathbed, he ordered TB to destroy all guns music! 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

The ideas might remain, but the playing will almost definitely be replaced. 

Remember what we heard on those leaks are demos. As in - not a finished state, close in some cases, not close in others. 

No doubt, I just really want to hear more Robin and Buckethead.

Duff said kind of the same thing. Susan said kind of the same thing. Jarmo was hinting that something new was coming. Hardschool on the setlist. Slash said that they're working on it.

I mean, there's a lot of smoke, and everything seems to really point that they were planning to sync up something new with the tour. For some reason, they want to do it that way. That's fine with me, I can wait until touring resumes. If nothing happens then yes, it was bullshit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Duff said kind of the same thing. Susan said kind of the same thing. Jarmo was hinting that something new was coming. Hardschool on the setlist. Slash said that they're working on it.

I mean, there's a lot of smoke, and everything seems to really point that they were planning to sync up something new with the tour. For some reason, they want to do it that way. That's fine with me, I can wait until touring resumes. If nothing happens then yes, it was bullshit.

100%

I think Fernando saying that Covid prevented them from new music is because they wanted to tie it to the tour. Probably they were going to release Hardschool as a single at least.

But man, if this was true, the GNR fanbase is the fanbase with the worst luck in the history of music. They've had 12 years of opportunities to release new music, four years since the reunion and JUST when they're about to release new music covid hits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, something.always said:

Wait. Are you serious? You can't be serious.

He’s serious. The first 16 seconds of the Hardschool soundcheck from Mexico 2020 leaked online, the day of the show. The only major difference from the studio leak is that the long intro is gone (replaced with a simple, quick bass intro). Funny enough, the clip ends at exactly the same point as the leaked studio snippet from 2006 (right where Axl says “all in good faith”). The person who recorded and leaked it says they stopped recording after the first 16 seconds, because they didn’t realize it was a new song.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

‘Perhaps’ can also work as well. I feel like this song feels the most ‘UYI’ like on this rough mix. That piano is clearly GNR. And its catchy as fuck. Maybe draw out the intro? Re-write the guitar parts for Slash/4tus. The lyrics are also quite memeable in the GNR community.. “theres no excuse for my behavior...” (looking at you Munuchin) Axl wont be able to sing the chorus live, but he can sing the zinger parts while duff and melissa give us the “ALLL ALONEEEEE”s. The could re-write the solo into the bridge to make it a bigger song, and it would be like November Rain pt. 2 to the casuals...

Perhaps would sound great with this line-up, but I really hope they don't extend the intro.

8 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

I think Fernando saying that Covid prevented them from new music is because they wanted to tie it to the tour. Probably they were going to release Hardschool as a single at least.

But man, if this was true, the GNR fanbase is the fanbase with the worst luck in the history of music. They've had 12 years of opportunities to release new music, four years since the reunion and JUST when they're about to release new music covid hits. 

Knowing Axl, he’ll see the covid situation as a divine sign that he shouldn’t release anything, and then cancel the entire album (right as it would’ve finally come out).

I kid, of course! But just imagine if that would happen, after we all wasted 12 fuckin years of our lives waiting!! XD

Edited by rocknroll41

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Knowing Axl, he’ll see the covid situation as a divine sign that he shouldn’t release anything, and then cancel the entire album (right as it would’ve finally come out).

I kid, of course! But just imagine if that would happen, after we all wasted 12 fuckin years of our lives waiting!! XD

I've done my peace with the fact that I will see everything that I've ever wanted to see and hear after Axl passes away, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

No doubt, I just really want to hear more Robin and Buckethead.

Yep. Leave Bucket and Robin alone.

Release "new" music now. Not reworked CD stuff.

Save Bucket etc for a future CD boxset clear out.

I don't understand the mindset around erasing that part of GnR / any part of GnR that doesn't include Slash from history. Many bands have multiple line ups, some more successful than others, but all deserve respect.

I love Slash, but don't erase history.

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I hope they get something like Maiden when Bruce came back and they killed it with Brave New World. 

That's actually an exceptional comparison. Fingers crossed. 

Key with Maiden though is they also went on beyond Brave New World and did new albums every 3-4 years on average (all excellent).

• Thanks 1

With regards to Fernando feeling hated, I hope he doesn't take it personally.  I don't hate the guy, I don't think many if any do.  The problem is Guns N' Roses at this point is the most incompetently run band on the face of the Earth.  There have been numerous times they had momentum and could have gone forth like any band normally would by releasing new music and doing a tour for it, but it's the fifth leg of the greatest hits tour.  GNR is the Walmart, Axl is whichever member of the Walton family that is alive and owns Walmart, and Fernando is the manager on duty that takes all the flack for things at the top being handled so incompetently and trickling down.  GNR public relations at best sucks and at worst is non-existent.  And sorry to be negative, but no matter what Fernando says I don't see much changing.  Doc McGhee has had great success managing all sorts of very successful acts, but what was he able to get out of GNR during his one year with them?  If Doc couldn't, I don't see what would make the difference with Fernando.  And that's not a knock on Fernando, that's a knock on the guy at the top.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We are literally getting a new shirt every week what the fuck:

https://instagram.com/stories/gunsnroses/2312738748013260487?igshid=1ptaertjw8b0w

It’s a crazy thought, but what if they released something from 1986 on YouTube and then threw out some merch like this behind it?

Otherwise, what does “The Hell Tour” have to do with anything this band is doing in 2020? The AFD reissue is done 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I dont understand some of you comparing a new Axl and Slash release to new stuff by the Stones or Pearl Jam or whoever.

I get the frustration, I myself become VERY frustated by the lack of new material.

But come on! Whatever may be left of hard rock fans are waiting for Axl and Slash’s new music. THEY CANT FAIL.

The Stones surely wrote that tune in 3 minutes and its a good song, but they dont need to surpass any expectation. Their carreer already did that.

GnR has a limited catalogue, and now that Axl and Slash are together again they must try their best to release something not forgettable.

I get the need of time on THIS PARTICULAR ALBUM.

I hope they get something like Maiden when Bruce came back and they killed it with Brave New World. 

As much as I do agree with the concept of letting the band take its time to write, record and release the best album they can possibly make - I just am worried that said time could also give us a Chinese Democracy situation where tinkering for the sake of "we have to make it perfect" will suck the organic life out of another GNR release

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s a crazy thought, but what if they released something from 1986 on YouTube and then threw out some merch like this behind it?

Otherwise, what does “The Hell Tour” have to do with anything this band is doing in 2020? The AFD reissue is done 

Honestly they could have done so much with that. My very first thought off the top of my head is use some of that footage and photos that marc canter has, you know a full BOOK of photographs to promote the merch.

if I recall correctly though, the hell ‘TOUR’ was actually just 1 show in Seattle and it took a couple of days to make it out there because of car/van troubles and tensions in the band (probably mostly Axl complaining about being around drunks)

It really seems like a big fuss about virtually nothing, especially when we won’t even get content from that show. I don’t even think Marc has content from that show because it was in Seattle. So, again I don’t see a point besides charging us $60 for a Polo that probably cost $3 per unit with a $2 iron on patch. 

Yup. I just read the ‘Hell Tour’ section of Marc Canters book. Slash and Duff both say they had a bunch of shows planned in Oregon and Washington State, probably mostly Seattle, yet they cancelled most of the other dates except for the one they could make in Seattle. They ended up playing San Francisco on the way back down. So, yeah. 2 shows. ‘hell tour.’

only GNR can attempt to profit off a tour they essentially cancelled 35 years ago.

17 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

If GNR didn’t attempt to profit off cancelled tours, they’d be out of business! (I kid I kid.. I know they’d done like a thousand successful big concerts :D)

Pretty funny to me when this was done 1 week after GNR’s manager says “I think doing old stuff would be wrong” 

• Like 1