Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

3 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Yep. Leave Bucket and Robin alone.

Release "new" music now. Not reworked CD stuff.

Save Bucket etc for a future CD boxset clear out.

I don't understand the mindset around erasing that part of GnR / any part of GnR that doesn't include Slash from history. Many bands have multiple line ups, some more successful than others, but all deserve respect.

I love Slash, but don't erase history.

That's a great idea, I'd totally support that. 

A 3 disc CD re-release with everything, using all 3 of the covers would be awesome.

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s a crazy thought, but what if they released something from 1986 on YouTube and then threw out some merch like this behind it?

Otherwise, what does “The Hell Tour” have to do with anything this band is doing in 2020? The AFD reissue is done 

Each week release a new concert on YouTube along with a tie-in t-shirt available on the online store with all proceeds going to to COVID relief.

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Each week release a new concert on YouTube along with a tie-in t-shirt available on the online store with all proceeds going to to COVID relief.

Just have the shirts fund part of the time/editing needed to get that stuff on YouTube. I’d have no problem with them making $ off something like this. If they want to donate all the better. 

Once a week, once a month, or say you’ll do a specific number. You could encompass the history of the band, create some excitement amongst die hards, and have some pretty cool limited one off merch choices that will prob sell better than a random Hell Tour polo 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

He can't. There's a pandemic going on. Fernandon't should tell him that.

To be fair to Fernando, NIN / Trent are taking a completely different approach to releasing music since about 2009. NIN/Trent basically just makes it and releases it and that's as far as it goes, it comes and goes in a blink of an eye. I think GNR are trying to figure out how to release their (hypothetical as yet) album, and get maximum exposure and maximum staying power. I know that GNR have mountains of material, but if they don't want to release it then, so be it until they do decide to release it. I want to hear the best record they can make, not the best half hearted 'get something out to plug a gap' record... and I'm saying that and I want to hear new music as much as anybody here. GNR have always taken extraordinarily long to do anything, this will never change, hoping that it will is pointless 30+ years in😅

The last NIN records I can name or remember being released were With teeth and Ghosts... I would be curious to see how the later NIN albums have been selling. I don't entirely agree with his method of releasing music, but it is his to do what he wants with it. Has there been anything worthwhile? I wouldn't even know where to start to look.

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

So they're selling hell tour shirts but fernandon't won't upload shows from the illusion tour? Yea fuck him

He didn't say they won't release UYI tour footage, he just said that right now the focus is going to be on footage/audio from NITL shows. Lot's of people want to see the recent shows that they were at, this makes a lot more sense than digging up archive footage from 20-30yrs ago... and yes, of course I want to see AFD/UYI era footage too but getting ANYTHING is a miracle!! 

3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s a crazy thought, but what if they released something from 1986 on YouTube and then threw out some merch like this behind it?

Otherwise, what does “The Hell Tour” have to do with anything this band is doing in 2020? The AFD reissue is done 

Come see Guns N Roses on the "What The Hell™ Are We Even Doing Anymore?" Tour. 

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

He didn't say they won't release UYI tour footage, he just said that right now the focus is going to be on footage/audio from NITL shows. Lot's of people want to see the recent shows that they were at, this makes a lot more sense than digging up archive footage from 20-30yrs ago... and yes, of course I want to see AFD/UYI era footage too but getting ANYTHING is a miracle!! 

Well since we’re just hanging out waiting and there are no shows, just say something like this...

“It’s the 35th anniversary of the infamous Hell Tour!!! In celebration of its roots, GNR is deciding to release 10 concerts from its past over the coming weeks/months on YouTube.”

Link to Hell Tour Shirt Polo

You could then even tie in NITL shows as a possible lead in for rescheduled 2021 dates or a possible single or album release.

Fans want content at this time. They want something to look forward to on whatever day it is. It’s hard to get attention/eyeballs at times and it’s there if they choose to interact. Much safer bet to release old shows you’d never monetize than your comeback album 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

To be fair though, at least what he says in term of the copyright strikes makes sense and if he is speaking the truth and following up on seeing to it that those strikes get removed, kudos to him.

Except he never would've needed to do this if they had taken care of certain individuals back when the takedowns were starting. Instead they turned a blind eye and did nothing for 2 years or so, and now they want to repair the damage that they did nothing to prevent in the first place?

I listened to a little bit of the interview. Fernando seems like a cool guy to hang out with but I'm not sure I would want him managing my band.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The guy lucked into the easiest gig in history, basically. Became manager of Guns N' Roses because Axl felt a connection to his mother.

He became gnr manager because he does what Axl says and does not do anything that might annoy him, simple as that... if the other managers had held on and not tried to persuade the unpersuadable Axl to do things he didn't  want to, they would still be managing. 

Fernando manages because he does not rock the boat and he said all of the above in the chat. 

Of course his in, was that Beta became Axls assistant. 

I personally don't think he should be managing a band this size straight out of the gate.  I know he says he has been working for gnr for 20yrs, but that was not in a managerial position. He has 10yrs experience as a manager, he does not have business training... he studied computers. He compared his appointment as manager to past guys like Doug etc. Really they haven't had effective management since Niven. Irving was also a genius too, but flew too close to the sun😄

Takeaway for me is. 1. He is a decent guy. 2. He can be a bit condescending when he thinks fans are targeting him. 3. He is very aware of the core fans opinion on him and guns and is interested in smoothing our the wrinkles... 3. He will never push Axl to do anything if he thinks Axl will push back in any way... and that is very disappointing. 4. He isn't  aware of how Metallica are managed? In short Metallica are managed Professionally and effectively, with an eye on the business! Which is pleasing the core fanbase - constant updates, constant live video releases, band q&a sessions, interviews, remastered boxers that are affordable... the list goes on.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

And are we really comparing GNR to Kiss now??? Kiss, a band with TWENTY FOUR studio albums??? Jesus, give it a rest please

GNR are far worse than KISS when it comes to the fanbase and music releases

Merch wise they are similar with selling any crap merch they can think of but thats about it

Guns has 1 album that is better than Kiss' entire 24 album collection COMBINED.  Kiss sucks ass, most overrated band in the history of rock music.  I do wish Guns would have released more music over the years however.  It is incredibly frustrating.

Hey Admins, can we change the quote in the title to  “If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe.” As the direct quote from Fernando? Its pretty much the same as whats up there, but I was quoting a fan page before I came across the actual video. Not trying to discredit Fernando anymore than he thinks he is.

also, theres this:

Edited by KeyserSoze

6 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Meanwhile Metallica has  put up another full concert Live in Chicago, Illinois - August 12, 1983 as well as released a performance of rearranged Blackened live from their houses 

These guys know how to tie fans over.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pretty funny to me when this was done 1 week after GNR’s manager says “I think doing old stuff would be wrong” 

Did he really say that?. Why would he think its wrong i wonder?. Does axl dislike the old lineups?. Those lineups and music is why axls living in a mansion. If metallica can embrace the previous lineups and show old concert footage whats Fernandos excuse?.

39 minutes ago, vloors said:

Meanwhile Metallica has  put up another full concert Live in Chicago, Illinois - August 12, 1983 as well as released a performance of rearranged Blackened live from their houses 

These guys know how to tie fans over.

Watching this at the moment in between work duties, this is so good. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Did he really say that?. Why would he think its wrong i wonder?. Does axl dislike the old lineups?. Those lineups and music is why axls living in a mansion. If metallica can embrace the previous lineups and show old concert footage whats Fernandos excuse?.

Yup. Someone straight up asked if we would see Use Your Illusion era or Not In This Lifetime era content, and he said NITL would be first, and kinda left it open-ended by saying if they did anything else it would be after ‘new material came out’ and then followed it up with ‘i think doing the older stuff would be wrong right now’

i feel Fernando more or less trys to walk a line of trying not to sell the band short and make it seem like they would cash out on old things like that, but at the same time.. thats literally all they have done since 2016, reinvigorate an image of a band (with less Chinese symbolism) and use that image to tour for songs that were written 33 years ago. Its a weird time to be a fan. We got what we always wanted essentially, but none of it makes logical sense. 

Edited by KeyserSoze

When Fernando mentions things like the band waiting to release an album after the lockdowns are lifted, and focusing on live footage from the recent band first, everything he says with those makes sense.  But so much should have already happened so those just pour salt on the wounds of the missed potential over the years

Like, I get the want to focus on live footage from the current lineup first.  But we should have already gotten at least one proper live representation of the Appetite lineup (the most famous lineup) beyond one televised broadcast in 1988.  

It is baffling how many aspects of GNR should be readily available as a summation of what the band truly is about, yet has been hardly touched in these last 35 years. 

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Yep. Leave Bucket and Robin alone.

Release "new" music now. Not reworked CD stuff.

Save Bucket etc for a future CD boxset clear out.

I don't understand the mindset around erasing that part of GnR / any part of GnR that doesn't include Slash from history. Many bands have multiple line ups, some more successful than others, but all deserve respect.

I love Slash, but don't erase history.

A future CD boxset? A boxset for an album bought by probably 1 mio people?

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

He’s serious. The first 16 seconds of the Hardschool soundcheck from Mexico 2020 leaked online, the day of the show. The only major difference from the studio leak is that the long intro is gone (replaced with a simple, quick bass intro). Funny enough, the clip ends at exactly the same point as the leaked studio snippet from 2006 (right where Axl says “all in good faith”). The person who recorded and leaked it says they stopped recording after the first 16 seconds, because they didn’t realize it was a new song.

Ohhhh yeah. My brain construed his response into him not knowing that Hard School ever even existed. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yup. Someone straight up asked if we would see Use Your Illusion era or Not In This Lifetime era content, and he said NITL would be first, and kinda left it open-ended by saying if they did anything else it would be after ‘new material came out’ and then followed it up with ‘i think doing the older stuff would be wrong right now’

i feel Fernando more or less trys to walk a line of trying not to sell the band short and make it seem like they would cash out on old things like that, but at the same time.. thats literally all they have done since 2016, reinvigorate an image of a band (with less Chinese symbolism) and use that image to tour for songs that were written 33 years ago. Its a weird time to be a fan. We got what we always wanted essentially, but none of it makes logical sense. 

Agree. I think what it shows is that surprisingly, or not, we havnt had an NITL dvd released. So in terms of any live footage being released , there seems no band discussion has taken place about showcasing any youtube live footage. If band discussions have discussed about releasibg footage as part of ghe lockdowns, fernando would say " the band and i have discussed live footage......" then it shows the band have discussed and are practical about releasing live footage but i really think maybe the coversation within the band has been done and Axl doesnt want to release anything. So fernando is not wanting to promise anything unless Axl says so.